Author Topic: Baltimore, Monday, Nov. 27 show (pre and post concert)  (Read 1640 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Baltimore, Monday, Nov. 27 show (pre and post concert)
« on: October 21, 2017, 11:36:49 AM »
Thought I'd start a separate thread for this, since victimlas asked me to run the Charm City preshow get together, for the concert on Monday night, November 27th, 730pm at The Lyric.  The basic information is here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/793595407432053

The Brass Tap is only about 100 yards from The Lyric.  Spacious, plenty of brews, and an inexpensive but tasty Happy Hour food menu.  There are more than enough big screens to watch the end of the Ravens MNF game after the show.  It closes at 2 AM, so there are no worries of those going to the aftershow walking into an establishment during 'last call'.  An MTA rail depot is right across the street.  Parking spots are nearly impossible to find on a weekend, so the best bet is to use The Lyric garage or others nearby (will post locations later)

The wonderful owners have been more than accommodating.  Still some details to work out (due to my recent busy schedule).  We'll have an area where I can set up a little boombox, and play our own tunes.  Dream Theater, perhaps? ;)

There will be a trivia contest.  Come test your knowledge (there will be a few prizes available to the top scores).

Will post as more information becomes available.

I will try to do my best as your host.  Looking forward to this!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:22:21 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Baltimore, Monday, Nov. 27 show (pre and post concert)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Getting set for Monday night.  Received a box of goodies for those who attend.  The 'official' preshow get together is from 4-6pm.  It would be well worth the visit to The Brass Tap for their Happy Hour munchies alone.  The DT USA banner will be indoors, with one or two band pix hopefully outdoors.  Look for our table in the glass enclosed area on your left.  And, as mentioned earlier, a great place to go after the show (I'll make it back there around 1130ish for the end of the Ravens game).

Weather forecast calls for no precipitation, high 49, low 30.  See you there.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Baltimore, Monday, Nov. 27 show (pre and post concert)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:06:54 AM »
Thanks to all those who showed up, treated me to a brewski and food, tried the trivia (23 all together), and shared stories of their fandom before, during, at the aftershow, and back at The Brass Tap afterwards during the end of the Ravens win.

A memorable night for me.  I will post pictures up on my DT USA Facebook page very soon.

Congrats to the two couples from Peru who won the trivia.  Glad your trip was worthwhile!!!!!