Author Topic: The Weekly Album Suggestion Thread v. One million lights are shining bright  (Read 13912 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
The Weekly Album Suggestion Thread v. One million lights are shining bright
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »
As I'm pretty sure this thread is dying now, I'm going to go ahead and recommend an album of my own. At this point, why the hell not?

Temperance - The Earth Embraces Us All

Symphonic metal
Length: 60:22

1. A Thousand Places (6:29)
2. At the Edge of Space (4:28)
3. Unspoken Words (4:00)
4. Empty Lines (4:26)
5. Maschere (3:25)
6. Haze (4:20)
7. Fragments of Life (3:44)
8. Revolution (4:16)
9. Advice from a Caterpillar (8:11)
10. Change the Rhyme (4:21)
11. The Restless Ride (12:42)

Warning: growls / screams

You can check this album out via:

Spotify Link
Yandex.Music link
YouTube Link

If you don't want to blindly dive into the whole album, check out these songs from the album:

Temperance - A Thousand Places
Temperance - Revolution
Temperance - Advice from a Caterpillar

This is just an excellent symphonic female-fronted metal album. There's a lot of good stuff on it, and if you're a fan of this particular genre, check it out. If not, well, try the recommended tracks and see if this is something you would be into.

I, personally, think this is pretty reinvigorating when it comes to the whole symphonic metal scene. These guys will be playing on a festival in Russia in 2019, and I've bought the tickets purely because of them. I'm sure it's gonna be fun.

Will this thread live to see another day? We'll see.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
The problem with a thread like this is that a week is a long time, and there are loads of albums to choose from. I imagine it will be months before an album shows up that I'm interested in and can talk about. And after a while, I forget to even check because it's slipped from my mind.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I tried to take the approach of "I'll listen to every album recommended, regardless of if I think I'll like it, to try and discover something I'd never normally hear." I have missed a few but I've listened to most and tried to post. I think if I want people to check out my submissions then I need to listen to everyone else's too.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I'll try to listen to this one but I'm a little busy atm & I need to finish up stuff for puppies' roulette before I leave next week so I dunno for sure if I'll have the time

Pretty sure this is another band you sent me on that one EP though right? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
While I like the idea of the threat, most of the things that have been posted don't really appeal to me. I listened to Orphaned Land, Snarky Puppy, Beth Gibbons, The Sword and Kick Axe, however black metal, paramacore and growly stuff are really not my thing to be honest. As RoeDent said, sometimes there's a batch of stuff that I don't even try so it's hard to come in and participate.
It would be great if more people send stuff, that way we can get more diversity and more people can join the fun.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I really like this thread, but I just don't have the time to listen to each of these records, so I can't comment on most of them. But there are some I will most definitely listen to sometime in the future.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I'm just sad nobody listened to The Rippingtons. Will be playing catch up...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I did put it on my to-listen list but I'm focusing on 2018 stuff right now

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'm just sad nobody listened to The Rippingtons. Will be playing catch up...
I did sample the songs Evermind shared and they weren't really up my alley, a bit too cheesy  :lol