Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

WTF was with James in Pittsburgh?

<< < (20/20)

El Barto:
Seemed to me he half-assed the entire first set, but did a great job of doing so. You knew he wasn't singing all the notes, but he performed the music well. He 80 percented the second set, and did just as fine a job. His performance was much better than had he gone out, tried to be faithful and mucked it all up. From that perspective he was probably better than most of the times I've seen him. It also seemed he saved his best effort for ACoS, and I really appreciated that.

jingle.boy:
Not sure if it was because of being in his 'hometown', but I thought he was as good as he's ever been in the last 10 years.  I think he paced himself so that he still could deliver a great encore with ACOS.

All in all, I think we were treated to a great tour, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

cramx3:
For all the changed melodies and down tuning and whatnot, JLB nailed ACOS all three nights I saw him.  He sounded soooo good last night on that one.  Maybe his overall best performance of the three ngihts as well.  I do think the band was a bit off at spots though, I think overall, the band performed better in NYC.  Not complaining though, I think last night's show was the best of the tour for me and one of my all time favorites of seeing them.  The venue was great and I had an awesome view and seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version