Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

WTF was with James in Pittsburgh?

<< < (2/20) > >>

El Barto:

--- Quote from: SeRoX on November 09, 2017, 12:01:46 PM ---Well, title is completely misleading.

There is nothing wrong about him, not a drunk or sick. The problem is, even his age he is forced to perform 3hours in one day in a heavy tour program. Still giving his best, being positive to the fans. And yet this thread is what he gets.

I used "force", yeah the band themselves decided this, JLB know the diffuculites, but still..

--- End quote ---
And yet this thread is what he gets? What is he, Portnoy now? One person expresses disappointment, then 3 people address his concerns, and this is somehow wrong?

SeRoX:
Yes, for me wrong.

Everyone knows, this tour and original tones of I&W is beyond James' limit. He can't sing those song like before, he can't hit properly high notes because of many reasons. I mean, not just kind of threads. This kind of "disappointments" are worded by people just like that if James is sick or drunk or even trolling the shows under the youtube vidoes. 

James has his own fails, off nights due to his personal problems. Not hitting all those Another Day notes is not his personal problem. In DT section, there is a thread about Mike Mangini called being soulless and people are sick of hearing it. This is just same for me. Sorry if I seem sensetive about it (I'm not, I'm just sick of hearing that).

mikeyd23:
I was at the show, James was fine.  :lol

Mladen:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge JLB fan and would still enjoy his performance if I attended a show nowadays (I haven't seen them live in two years, though), but like all fans, I still analyse and pay attention to the individual performances. We're allowed to respectfully share our thoughts.

Having said that, James wasn't drunk.  :lol

El Barto:
I'm gonna go with hopped up on goofballs.

In any case, the OP said that he understood the issues with JLB singing like it was 1992 again. He thought he half-assed it, and that's something I've seen from better folk than him. Dude might have just had an off night. Mabye his wife beat him up before the show. Maybe the OP was just wrong. Who knows? Dude's entitled to express his opinion and ask for thoughts, though, without it being criticized as an undo attack on St. Labrie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version