Author Topic: John Myung - Wichita radio interview yesterday  (Read 3154 times)

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
John Myung - Wichita radio interview yesterday
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »
John Myung did a radio interview in Wichita that aired yesterday before last night's show.  Audio is in the link for those interested in listening.   :metal

https://kmuw.org/post/dream-theater-s-john-myung-it-s-trust-and-faith-we-have-each-other

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: John Myung - Wichita radio interview yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for posting. To think I almost settled on reading the transcript because JM is painful to listen to, but this was fantastic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »
John Myung did a radio interview in Wichita that aired yesterday before last night's show.  Audio is in the link for those interested in listening.   :metal

https://kmuw.org/post/dream-theater-s-john-myung-it-s-trust-and-faith-we-have-each-other

Thanks!

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
Awesome interview. Did you happen to go to the Wichita show?
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
Yep - I was at the Wichita show.  Stellar performance by the guys!!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:24:04 AM by rickhawk80 »

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36:57 AM »
That was fantastic. I think since 2010 we had more JM interviews, at least until 2013. Then there weren't that many for a while, now since this tour there are more again. It's always good to see a JM interview.  :tup

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
Always good to hear from JMX! Good interview!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:10:34 AM »
I saw this thread in the "Last post" box on the homepage, as "John Myung - Wichita..."

First thought that came to my head was "John Myung's done a cover of Wichita Lineman?"

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »
Yep - I was at the Wichita show.  Stellar performance by the guys!!

So was I! It was an amazing concert. Where were your seats?

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
I was 5th Row Center.  Wonderful show!!  Three full hours of awesome!!  :tup :tup :tup

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 11:56:40 AM »
I saw this thread in the "Last post" box on the homepage, as "John Myung - Wichita..."

First thought that came to my head was "John Myung's done a cover of Wichita Lineman?"
;D  I’d be interested in hearing that!!   :mehlin

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:57:46 AM »
Thanks for posting that. It's nice to hear Myung talk about how the band formed & the Images & Words days. We usually only hear Petrucci & Portnoy talk about that era.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »
I was 5th Row Center.  Wonderful show!!  Three full hours of awesome!!  :tup :tup :tup

Awesome. I was on the very inside of row I - so about 10 back. It was an amazing show. I think I'll have to call I&W my new favorite DT album after seeing that.

Offline Tony From Long Island

• No Day But Today
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »

RIP Glen Campbell   :-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtvUwbiqcKY_DF-0WXtlHFg       Listen to my mediocre recordings!

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for posting. To think I almost settled on reading the transcript because JM is painful to listen to, but this was fantastic.

I think JM is even more painful to talk with.  Sorry to say.  He was at our kids' National Honor Society's induction tonight and I got a chance to speak to him.  Not very personable and I could totally tell he was screening me to see just how much of a DT fan I am.  Me being a drummer, I mentioned Mike Portnoy (who also lives down the road from me) and I feel like the conversation went downhill from there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »
, I mentioned Mike Portnoy (who also lives down the road from me) and I feel like the conversation went downhill from there.

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »

I think JM is even more painful to talk with.  Sorry to say.  He was at our kids' National Honor Society's induction tonight and I got a chance to speak to him.  Not very personable and I could totally tell he was screening me to see just how much of a DT fan I am.  Me being a drummer, I mentioned Mike Portnoy (who also lives down the road from me) and I feel like the conversation went downhill from there.

Yeah how dare he be an introvert, gheez. Some people  :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »

Maybe he was afraid whatever he said would be immediately reported to the Dream Theater Forums and just wanted to support his kid getting an award.

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »
I guess me being an introvert also didn't make for good conversation.  He seemed happy when I mentioned Gigantour 2005, which was the only time I saw DT live.  That was the years both of our kids were born.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 10:57:05 AM »
I hear ya. Crazy your kids go to the same school. I actually have a neighbor that moved to Seattle and was the teacher of one of the members of Pearl Jams kids.

I remember years ago somebody was student teaching and on the last day of their assignment they were leaving the building for the last time and in walk John Petrucci and his wife. Turns out his kids went to that school.

I don't know why but those little things fascinate me.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 04:21:27 PM »
I think it's interesting that MP lives "down the road" from someone whose kid goes to school with JM's kid.

My understanding is that Rena, Marlene and Lisa remain friends.  If that's true, it makes the whole thing where JP and MP are still friendly but JM and MP apparently are not all the more fascinating.  Of course, the fact that 3 guys from the same band married 3 women from the same other band might be one of the more unique things I've ever heard.  Might make for a good 1970s style ABC movie of the week or something.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
MP, JM, and I all live in the same school district.  MP's daughter Melody graduated a couple years ago.  JM's younger son is in my daughter's grade and in some of her classes.  If JM lives where I think he does, he's about 10 minutes walking distance from MP's house. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 07:52:08 AM »
Well, I live barely 5 minutes away from my second grade cousin with whom I've spent the entire childhood with, and growing adults and both getting jobs we stopped going to concerts together because we developed different friends, and basically our relationship nowadays consists of sending each other funny birthday wishes on each other's birthday, and meeting at the occasional funeral.

It's not THAT hard for a world class musician, busy with touring and family, to not run into an ex band member he doesn't particularly hang out with.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!