Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90280 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #1436 on: December 19, 2019, 11:11:47 AM »
Well abandoned carts have another use...

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1437 on: December 19, 2019, 11:17:16 AM »
I am absolutely doing that from now on. I have a giant bag of zip ties in my trunk. Viva la revolucion!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1438 on: December 19, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
Well abandoned carts have another use...

Judging by the way the car is parked (directly over the spot dividing line) I'll assume that there's a cart zipped to the other door as well.   :lol 

We may need to start another thread to discuss the parking fiasco shown in this picture...

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1439 on: December 19, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »
Yeah... it's not like the owner of this vehicle was the one that left the cart there.  Dick move gets a dick move in return.

This is why I shop at Lowes.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1440 on: December 19, 2019, 11:36:08 AM »
Yeah... it's not like the owner of this vehicle was the one that left the cart there.  Dick move gets a dick move in return.

This is why I shop at Lowes.   :lol

When I worked at a grocery store we had one buddy that would park his car in 2 spots because his car was better than ours.  We'd park our shitty cars all around him so he couldn't get into his car. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1441 on: December 19, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
Wow, talk about being rude to people...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1442 on: December 19, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
Who me or that cart with the tie wrap?  I'd never do that.  No way in hell.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1443 on: December 19, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »
The tie wrap.  Sorry.  (although, just to be clear, I have nothing against a good Thai wrap)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1444 on: December 19, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »
LOL  Yeah, I bet it even scratches the paint on the handle. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1445 on: December 19, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »
That dude is not even in a spot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1446 on: December 19, 2019, 12:59:07 PM »
Been enjoying catching up while having my lunch in the break room. Kind of makes me feel bad about leaving my scraps on the table.

Then why won't you scrape them into the trash? Do you pay for your staff to clean after your crumbs?

That reminds me of eraser trash I might leave after myself on lectures. I want to clean after myself at least a little bit.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1447 on: December 19, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »

Oh wait, so NOW you're into order and structure? I mean, fuck the carts. Let them roam free. But the cars. THEY. MUST. BE. CORRALLED.

:lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1448 on: December 19, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1449 on: December 19, 2019, 01:22:11 PM »

Oh wait, so NOW you're into order and structure? I mean, fuck the carts. Let them roam free. But the cars. THEY. MUST. BE. CORRALLED.

:clap:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1450 on: December 19, 2019, 01:44:06 PM »
I think jingle may be on to something there. Just sayin'...

I think I'd probably call the cops on him and report to the store manager that there was some clown outside harassing and threatening the store's customers, and that I wouldn't shop there again until they did something about it.

LOL, I think "threatening" is a far cry from reminding people that the corrals are there for a reason.  If I was the store manager, I'd be out there harassing them myself.  :lol

I think I'd probably call the cops on him and report to the store manager that there was some clown outside harassing and threatening the store's customers, and that I wouldn't shop there again until they did something about it.

Id imagine that's exactly what happened, then the guy could move onto the next town and start over. 

I doubt it.  He didn't do anything remotely serious enough to call the police.  If I was the manager and someone came in to complain about some guy like that in the parking lot, I'd tell them to put their cart in the goddamn corral. :lol

You'd be out of business pretty fucking quick.  No matter what you think of people not putting their trolleys back, if you were the manager of the store, you would tell the guy harassing people to piss off and put it back for them, apologize and hope they come back.

Uh no.  The worst that would happen is probably disciplinary action from the owner of the store if it actually escalated to that, which I already stated is not very likely if you bothered to read my post.  I also posted that if people are being harassed, it's most likely by other customers rather than some random guy scouting the lot with a video camera.  Your point seems rather moot.

If I was the manager and someone came in to complain about some guy like that in the parking lot, I'd tell them to put their cart in the goddamn corral. :lol

And that's all well and good, but most store managers would not do that, for several reasons.  And as has already been mentioned in the thread (and keeps getting ignored), most store managers don't care whether or not customers put carts in the corral and don't see it as an issue.  Most of them do see it as a problem if their customers (rightly or wrongly) feel threatened by rude people and talk about taking their business elsewhere.

And the bottom line is, there's just no good reason to be rude to people.

Well, I was sort of joking if you didn't catch it because there's no way I would ever be a grocery store manager in the first place.  :lol

However, I disagree with your theory.  That really isn't the bottom line.  There's a lot more to it than people's feelings supposedly being hurt or threatened somehow because someone calls them out (or points something out).  You're right about one thing.  Most store managers probably wouldn't do that because they are too politically correct to care and just don't have the time anyway.

My take is this, which has been mentioned previously in this thread (and keeps getting ignored).  1). It isn't rude to remind people that the corrals are there for a reason.  If they don't like being reminded and it is a source of tension or embarrassment for them, I don't give a shit and don't think anyone else does either.  2). The company pays to have the corrals built as a central collection point so their employees aren't wandering around the parking lot all day collecting stray carts (I've mentioned this before).  That costs the company even more money, hence the reason for the corrals.  3).  The cost of product increases as a result of corrals not being properly utilized.  4).  Increased prices in the store is what causes people to take their business elsewhere.  Not some random guy approaching customers in the parking lot.  How often does that happen anyway?

Hell, it's probably mostly other customers doing the harassing.  You know, the ones who actually return carts to their rightful place?  All of these things have been mentioned over and over.  So, where does the "people's feelings getting hurt" part come in?  Nobody cares about that.  It's not about being "rude".  It's about people being called out on their bullshit.

If grocery store management wanted to pay their employees to walk around the parking lot all day collecting carts, why spend the extra money providing corrals?  This is all very simple business strategy and is designed to benefit everyone involved.  People not returning carts is what I would consider to be rude and thoughtless.  People who just can't seem to be bothered with taking an extra minute or two (tops) to contribute to the cause.  To do their part so to speak.  After all, the carts are provided to customers as a service and convenience.  The least they could do is return the favor (cart).

That's the thing, who says it's bullshit?  It's not a law, it's just one's opinion.

A lot of people think it's selfish, thoughtless and lazy ass bullshit.  Yes, it is just an opinion.  Nobody ever said it was a law.  :lol

You are saying you would tell your customer complaining about the dude harrassing them that they should put their trolley back then.  Great way to lose a customer.  What I'm saying is, run a business and see if this is your attitude towards your paying clients.  You do whatever the customer wants to get repeat business.  Whatever you think or your view is, running a business you want customers, plain and simple and you would do what you need to do to keep them happy.

Also, I know no one said it's a law, but you are calling it bullshit, but that's just your opinion.  I was stressing just that, it's your opinion that it's bullshit when someone else thinks nothing of it.  I was saying it's not a law to stress it's just an opinion.

To the "anti-corral" people:

If you come out of the grocery store, and after putting the grocery bags in your car, you put the cart in the X area.  Perhaps from wind, not level pavement, you thought it was stopped but wasn't....whatever the reason.....your cart moves and damages someone else's car or property.

What would you do?  Would you accept responsibility?  Or would you say, "eh, not my problem".
I would hope that all of you would accept your legal and moral responsibility and pay for the damages.

For starters, "legal responsibility" doesn't get determined in a parking lot.  Moreover, when I leave my cart "on the X," I don't let go of it until I'm confident it's not going to move.  If it starts to move while I'm still there, I'll stop it.  If the great god Cartzalcoatl chooses to send my cart into spontaneous motion after I've left, there's nothing I can do about it.  Most importantly, how heavy are the carts where you live and how fast do they move that they pose any risk of significant damage?  The worst that's gonna happen is a minor scratch.  Also, maybe y'all shop at stores on the sides of mountains such that level parking lots are a big issue, but it sure isn't where I live.

Boom!  This.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1451 on: December 19, 2019, 01:49:11 PM »
Holy  :censored  what happened in this thread?  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1452 on: December 19, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »
just want to let everyone know I went to the local mart today and put my cart in the corral after loading my car.

as you were.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1453 on: December 19, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »
just want to let everyone know I went to the local mart today and put my cart in the corral after loading my car.

as you were.
:tup :hefdaddy
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1454 on: December 19, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »
Holy  :censored  what happened in this thread?  :lol

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1455 on: December 19, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »

You are saying you would tell your customer complaining about the dude harrassing them that they should put their trolley back then.  Great way to lose a customer.  What I'm saying is, run a business and see if this is your attitude towards your paying clients.  You do whatever the customer wants to get repeat business.  Whatever you think or your view is, running a business you want customers, plain and simple and you would do what you need to do to keep them happy.

Also, I know no one said it's a law, but you are calling it bullshit, but that's just your opinion.  I was stressing just that, it's your opinion that it's bullshit when someone else thinks nothing of it.  I was saying it's not a law to stress it's just an opinion.

Oh for Christ's fucking sake, just forget it dude.  You don't get it.  You're wrapped around the axle and so deep in a hole about nothing, I don't have a rope long enough to save you.  I'm not debating my opinion with you.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1456 on: December 19, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
there's no way I would ever be a grocery store manager in the first place.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1457 on: December 19, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »

Oh for Christ's fucking sake, just forget it dude.  You don't get it.  You're wrapped around the axle and so deep in a hole about nothing, I don't have a rope long enough to save you.  I'm not debating my opinion with you.

You're missing my point mate also, so the feeling is mutual.  And if you are going to personally attack me and call me stupid, you can just go and fuck yourself.  If I'm the one so deep in a fucking hole about nothing, seems I'm not the one worried about a fucking cart being left in a carpark and potentially causing damage.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1458 on: December 19, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »
there's no way I would ever be a grocery store manager in the first place.  :lol

You kind of have to be hired and suitable for the position in the first place.  You can't just choose to be a store manager. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: December 19, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
in one final time b4 lock

:lokked:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1460 on: December 19, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
Boy that video I posted......

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1461 on: December 19, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
Well this was fun while it lasted. Thanks guys.  :facepalm:

(I'd rather not see this legendary thread locked, mods have mercy)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1462 on: December 19, 2019, 03:37:59 PM »
Can those of you turning this thread into something it's not please take your discussion elsewhere?

This thread has been incredible, and you're ruining it. Thanks.

p.s. don't let the shopping cart hit your ass on the way out. It couldn't if it was CORRALLED, of course. But some of you *coughtimcough* just like anarchy. Not saying Tim is part of the thread problem. He's not. He's just a shopping cart abuser.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1463 on: December 19, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »
seems I'm not the one worried about a fucking cart being left in a carpark and potentially causing damage.

tbh this does kinda make you a dick tho