Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90269 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #1015 on: June 28, 2019, 12:38:27 PM »
I'm most definitely a launcher.  There are limits, of course; if there are 40 neat carts I'm not going to be that guy, but likewise, if there 40 chaotically good carts in the corral, I feel no need to be Elric of Melnibone.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1016 on: June 28, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
Isn't "launching" (chaotic good) simply one way of "returning" (neutral good)?  And, if so, wouldn't a person who "launches" be both neutral good and chaotic good?  Is that even possible?

I think there is some overlap here such as when the corral is empty, where a launch isnt going to be any different than just gently putting it in the corral.

I do enjoy a good launch from time to time.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1017 on: June 28, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
I'm with Stads. If the carts are neatly in the corral, I follow suit. If they aren't, its time to crash and burn!  :rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1018 on: June 28, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
So...

What are you guys' feelings regarding people who TAKE shopping carts off property and NEVER return them to the corral?

Monsters or Heroes?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1019 on: June 28, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
They don't bother me since they aren't in my way

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1020 on: June 28, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
So...

What are you guys' feelings regarding people who TAKE shopping carts off property and NEVER return them to the corral?

Monsters or Heroes?

Neither. They're thieves.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1021 on: June 28, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
Isn't "launching" (chaotic good) simply one way of "returning" (neutral good)?  And, if so, wouldn't a person who "launches" be both neutral good and chaotic good?  Is that even possible?

I think there is some overlap here such as when the corral is empty, where a launch isnt going to be any different than just gently putting it in the corral.

I do enjoy a good launch from time to time.

The only time I launch is when I'm pissed because I see that someone else's time was too precious to even be a launcher.  :lol
No but seriously, I try not to do anything that will damage the cart or corral.

So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Well, I usually don't think about it too much because out of sight out of mind right?  But it is still a concern because of potential price increases inside the store.

So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Yeah, that too.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1022 on: June 28, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
So...

Monsters or Heroes?

If they put it at the bottom of TAC's or Bosk's driveway, the latter.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1023 on: June 28, 2019, 02:14:18 PM »
Thieves!!!!

But I applaud leaving them in front of TAC and bosk1's respective homes.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online pg1067

« Reply #1024 on: June 28, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »
So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Yup.

And I guess I dodged some bullets!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1025 on: June 28, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »

Hey, it was raining motherfuckers!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1026 on: June 28, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: June 28, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »
Man what high-falutin store is that to give their carts that kind of shelter?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1028 on: June 28, 2019, 10:17:06 PM »
I'm most definitely a launcher.  There are limits, of course; if there are 40 neat carts I'm not going to be that guy, but likewise, if there 40 chaotically good carts in the corral, I feel no need to be Elric of Melnibone.

I just started reading the Elric stories. Without giving anything away, what do you mean by this?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: June 29, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »

I just started reading the Elric stories. Without giving anything away, what do you mean by this?

That's a hard one to not spoil, Herrick. I'll attempt it.

In Moorcock's universe the two warring forces are Law and Chaos (rather than good and evil). Elric often finds himself sympathetic to the cause of Law and even attempts to further their goals on several occasions, but he can't resist his nature and always ends up bringing about more Chaos. Usually in a big way.

Anymore than that would probably spoil the stories.

Enjoy the books. They're fantastic!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1030 on: June 30, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »

In Moorcock's universe the two warring forces are Law and Chaos (rather than good and evil). Elric often finds himself sympathetic to the cause of Law and even attempts to further their goals on several occasions, but he can't resist his nature and always ends up bringing about more Chaos. Usually in a big way.

Wow, dude, you did a great job with that.  I've been stewing on how to answer that for a while now, and you nailed it.   (I would only add that the patron of the line of lords of Melniboné is Arioch, a god of Chaos, making it more complicated.  He can call on Arioch to help him but he has great reservations about that. I'll leave it to you to find out more.)

I was lucky enough to have posted on a Michael Moorcock forum for a while; I wasn't a huge fan of the mod (he used that old-school "I'm the overlord here, it's my way or the highway!" mod style which is great for children, not so much for adults looking to talk sensibly about serious subjects), but Mr. Moorcock (I call him that out of respect, which I have an abundance of for him) himself posted frequently, and expansively.  I'm proud to say we had some very engaging conversations; at one point he asked for my address, and on more than one occasion, I would get an envelope in the mail with additional reading material related to our conversation. The forum shut down for a while due to Mr. Moorcock's health, but I understand he's doing well (or at least better) but the forum has not returned. 

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1031 on: June 30, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »

Wow, dude, you did a great job with that.  I've been stewing on how to answer that for a while now, and you nailed it.   (I would only add that the patron of the line of lords of Melniboné is Arioch, a god of Chaos, making it more complicated.  He can call on Arioch to help him but he has great reservations about that. I'll leave it to you to find out more.)

I was lucky enough to have posted on a Michael Moorcock forum for a while; I wasn't a huge fan of the mod (he used that old-school "I'm the overlord here, it's my way or the highway!" mod style which is great for children, not so much for adults looking to talk sensibly about serious subjects), but Mr. Moorcock (I call him that out of respect, which I have an abundance of for him) himself posted frequently, and expansively.  I'm proud to say we had some very engaging conversations; at one point he asked for my address, and on more than one occasion, I would get an envelope in the mail with additional reading material related to our conversation. The forum shut down for a while due to Mr. Moorcock's health, but I understand he's doing well (or at least better) but the forum has not returned.

I see...I think! I'm reading Stormbringer right now. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. Let us continue the battle against the Shopping Cart Defilers.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: June 30, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
Went grocery shopping a few hours ago. Saw so many carts stacked up neatly in the corrals, it was wonderful, believe me, tremendous, you should've seen it and you know, lots of carts, so many carts, I always say - unbelievable.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: June 30, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
Nobody puts carts away as good as you do!  I believe it!!!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1034 on: June 30, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »

See, there's my Canadian friend! My Canadian friend! He believes in me! And they say, he hates Canadians, but I love, I tell them, they have the best Shopping carts! You put Money into them, and just like that, no more Bad Bums!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1035 on: June 30, 2019, 03:26:50 PM »
Are you trying to summon Stadler? Easier to just say his name three times.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1036 on: June 30, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »

See, there's my Canadian friend! My Canadian friend! He believes in me! And they say, he hates Canadians, but I love, I tell them, they have the best Shopping carts! You put Money into them, and just like that, no more Bad Bums!

I think it's code for..it takes a dork to know a dork.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1037 on: June 30, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
You said it.   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: June 30, 2019, 03:50:15 PM »

Those that don't put the carts away probably stay in the left lane when they aren't passing anyone, and belong in a basket of deplorables

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1039 on: June 30, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »

Those that don't put the carts away probably stay in the left lane when they aren't passing anyone, and belong in a basket of deplorables

So you're saying......radical lefties?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1040 on: June 30, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »
I am rad and I'm a lefty.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1041 on: June 30, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »

You said the secret word!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: July 01, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »

I see...I think! I'm reading Stormbringer right now. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. Let us continue the battle against the Shopping Cart Defilers.

Start another thread, though, if you like.  I'm all in to talk Elric for someone.  It's got a special place in my heart and it's rare to find people interested (or who have even HEARD of him, other than in the bastardizations and plagarizations that have happened over the years.  David Coverdale claims to not have heard of "Stormbringer" before offering the name to Deep Purple for their second album with him.   I call a resounding BILLSHOT! on that.  It's like an American claiming to not have heard of... I don't know...  maybe not Stephen King, but that next tier of writer.)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: July 01, 2019, 09:30:43 AM »

You said the secret word!!!

Hi, I'm here!   :) :) :)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1044 on: July 02, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

Hey, it was raining motherfuckers!

Good one Tim.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1045 on: August 12, 2019, 05:44:36 PM »
Stocked up the timeshare for this year's TACation with two carriages full.

Guess which two carriages in this picture are mine?

California parking lots attendants beware. You will be working this week!

Online pg1067

« Reply #1046 on: August 12, 2019, 05:51:20 PM »

We welcome you and your sane outlook on this issue with open arms!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: August 12, 2019, 05:55:35 PM »

We welcome you and your sane outlook on this issue with open arms!

It'll certainly take a pair of open arms to clean up his mess  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: August 12, 2019, 06:37:14 PM »
You food shop on vacation?  Lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: August 12, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
I am in such a foul mood right now and seeing that picture just made my heart rate increase a little more  :lol