Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90217 times)

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #945 on: June 06, 2019, 09:00:51 PM »
So, I’m enjoying a drink or two and I just had an epiphany: this entire conversation about carts has been one long innuendo, hasn’t it?  As in:

“Bro, how was your date last night?”
“Well, let’s just say that I [strokes moustache] put the cart in the corral, if you catch my meaning.”

Man, I’m slow on the uptake!  But my answer is the same... I put it in the corral.
sorry, I’ll show myself out
PBR me ASAP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #946 on: June 07, 2019, 06:24:35 AM »
Which explains everything, doesn't it?  Some of us clearly need to put the cart in the corral more often.  :) ;)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #947 on: June 07, 2019, 07:15:23 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #948 on: June 07, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
So there are only two lanes open at checkout and they both have a bunch of people waiting in them. A checker walks up and opens a third lane. Should there be some semblance of order as to who goes first, or should it be a free for all? I know we can't expect a perfectly fair system, but should the person who's been waiting 5 minutes be jumped by the last guy in line?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #949 on: June 07, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
So there are only two lanes open at checkout and they both have a bunch of people waiting in them. A checker walks up and opens a third lane. Should there be some semblance of order as to who goes first, or should it be a free for all? I know we can't expect a perfectly fair system, but should the person who's been waiting 5 minutes be jumped by the last guy in line?

Hunger games baby... survival of the fittest.

Seriously though, I always offer to let the person(s) ahead of me go into the newly opened lane first.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #950 on: June 07, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
Proximity ends up mattering the most in these situations.  Also any instructions from the person opening the new lane (such as saying next in line customers move over here).

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: June 07, 2019, 09:34:25 AM »
It just occurs to me that this entire debate is a uniquely american problem since most places in europe have these beasties:

Yep, I think these are a good invention. I've rarely seen rogue carts at market parking lots.

I remember somebody mentioning that unless you don't have any spare change, then you're outta luck and cart. That is certainly true, but you can also buy metallic/plastic tokens for about 50 cents that fit into the coin slot.

This wouldn't work in my part of the Land of The Free and Home of the Offended... people in my part of the country carry bolt cutters in thir sooped up pic-up truks.  Walmart would just have assorted lengths of chain and bits of plastic left in the parking lots along with the carts. 

To touch on Barto's question, I simply step back and let the other animals sort out who goes to the new open line... no need for fisticuffs if I'm just buying ice cream.  Though if I'm buying chips or kale (or kale chips) you better get the ---- out of my way.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #952 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »

IMO if they ask for the next person in line, that should be the first person in line who doesn't have their shit on the belt yet. I've had times where there are 3 people in line. Myself with a single item, behind 2 people taking up the entire belt. Cashier says she can take the next person in line, and the person with their shit on the belt (who isn't getting rang up) starts picking up their shit to migrate it to the other register and gets pissed when I step right up to buy my energy drink or whatever.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: June 07, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
I love when I don't need a cart to shop because when it inevitably comes time for a lane to open, I haul my ass right on over with a couple handfuls of stuff while the family folk are busy trying to maneuver their full carts :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: June 07, 2019, 10:54:42 AM »
I just have this mental picture of you running through the store with arms full of groceries, oranges flying off and rolling around... :) 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: June 07, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »
Hahaha. "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #956 on: June 07, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »
Was in a big hurry this morning, needed to get something from the grocery store, pulled into a spot, and there was a cart, left by someone who is clearly a heathen.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #957 on: June 07, 2019, 04:17:54 PM »

That problem usually takes care of itself because the lines very rarely are backed up too much.  Much easier than the dreaded, much more difficult task of putting a cart in the corral.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #958 on: June 12, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »

My van. My carriage.

Motherfuckers!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: June 12, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
That is such a New England thing to do (I say with deep admiration and pride). 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: June 12, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
I'm calling every police department in New England right now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: June 12, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »
wtf you are sooooo close to the corral  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: June 12, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »
Proof positive that only little bitches drive minivans.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #963 on: June 12, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »
Shut it old man, and get out of my way. Your Mart Cart is taking up the whole aisle.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #964 on: June 12, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
WTF is a Mart Cart?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #965 on: June 12, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #966 on: June 12, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
I simultaneously want one of those so badly, and yet wouldn't be caught dead in one.  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #967 on: June 12, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »

My van. My carriage.

Motherfuckers!

What the hell is wrong with you man?!?!?!  For starters, what kind of idiot backs in to a grocery store spot only to make it MORE inconvenient for them to unload their cart?  Then by leaving it back there, you're being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.  You went thru the inconvenience to manoeuvre your cart to your trunk for yourself, but won't do it for the next person / employee that needs to move the cart.  Epitome of selfish and lazy all at once.  I don't know whether to admire you for that, or want to kick you in the nuts. I'm so conflicted.   :lol  But then I remember you're a Bruins fan, so I'll go with the nut-shot.

Do you have no grocery-store etiquette??

I'll bet you take 9 items to the 1-8 limit lane, don't you?

I'll bet you drive a Mart-Cart to the middle of an aisle, just to get up and walk away?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #968 on: June 12, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »
It wasn't inconvenient to load the groceries in my trunk.

I only bought 4 things.
Bread
Toilet paper
Cotton balls
Hair Spray

I put them in the side door!

You didn't expect me to carry all that stuff did you?  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: June 12, 2019, 02:22:03 PM »
What the hell is wrong with you man?!?!?!  For starters, what kind of idiot backs in to a grocery store spot only to make it MORE inconvenient for them to unload their cart?  Then by leaving it back there, you're being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.  You went thru the inconvenience to manoeuvre your cart to your trunk for yourself, but won't do it for the next person / employee that needs to move the cart.  Epitome of selfish and lazy all at once.  I don't know whether to admire you for that, or want to kick you in the nuts. I'm so conflicted.   :lol  But then I remember you're a Bruins fan, so I'll go with the nut-shot.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »

Bread
Toilet paper
Cotton balls
Hair Spray

The life of a family man.  The last like five trips to the store for me were some variation on that list.  Some consumable - bread, milk - some toiletry - toilet paper, paper towels - some cleaning product - cotton balls, garbage bags - some hygiene product - hair spray, soap.   

I was cool once.   No, really. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #971 on: June 12, 2019, 02:30:17 PM »
It's been tough having the day off with Game 7 tonight. I've been trying to keep busy.

I was like, "but do you need any tampons too? I'd be happy to grab them too." :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #972 on: June 12, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »

My van. My carriage.

Motherfuckers!

You need an ass kicking.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #973 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »

My van. My carriage.

Motherfuckers!

Tim Tim Tim...is that a soccer mom mobile?  :lol  What if a store employee came out to collect carts and ran that baby along side your car scratching all the way?  Muttering under his/her breath, "soccer muthafucka"!   :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #974 on: June 12, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
I only bought 4 things.
Bread
Toilet paper
Cotton balls
Hair Spray

You forgot the gold bond powder. You raunchy little penis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #975 on: June 12, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »

Bread
Toilet paper
Cotton balls
Hair Spray

The life of a family man.  The last like five trips to the store for me were some variation on that list.  Some consumable - bread, milk - some toiletry - toilet paper, paper towels - some cleaning product - cotton balls, garbage bags - some hygiene product - hair spray, soap.   

I was cool once.   No, really.

Take your cotton balls to the old fogey thread  :lol

In reality, I actually love how you put it so damn close to the corral, such a class A dick move for the lols but the sad part is, I think you may do this normally and not just for the picture  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: June 12, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »
I only bought 4 things.
Bread
Toilet paper
Cotton balls
Hair Spray

You forgot the gold bond powder. You raunchy little penis.

And the Huggies. I mean why else is he driving that thing? How many kids you got, TAC?  :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #977 on: June 12, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: June 12, 2019, 03:22:40 PM »
Who else wants to see a picture of TAC sitting sideways in the drivers seat of that van, the door recklessly thrown open, an Eminem scowl on his face, sporting a High N' Dry tee shirt, cargo shorts, ankle socks, and faded leather New Balance sneakers arrogantly holding the door ajar?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #979 on: June 12, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »
With a bag of ice in my groin.