Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90221 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #910 on: May 28, 2019, 06:04:20 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

In Phoenix, people purposely put carts behind peoples' cars, even if the return was two spots away. It happened so often when I lived there that it couldn't have been anything other than purposeful.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #911 on: May 28, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

In Phoenix, people purposely put carts behind peoples' cars, even if the return was two spots away. It happened so often when I lived there that it couldn't have been anything other than purposeful.

Huh, I don't think I've seen that one in my neck of the desert.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #912 on: May 28, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

I'm semi serious.

Huh, I don't think I've seen that one in my neck of the desert.

Whereabouts do you live? I lived smack dab in Maryvale. Plenty of laziness to be had in Maricopa, but no shopping carts behind cars anymore. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, and this was a constant thing.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #913 on: May 28, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »
I think we can all agree that it's a shitty thing leave your cart floating in the lot without flushing putting it back

Look guys, the fresh blood must've skipped right to this page without reading the 25-page entrance exam.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #914 on: May 28, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »
I think we can all agree that it's a shitty thing leave your cart floating in the lot without flushing putting it back

Look guys, the fresh blood must've skipped right to this page without reading the 25-page entrance exam.

Yet he still aces the final  :biggrin:
He must have read the Cliffs Notes.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »

:rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2019, 08:14:23 PM »
The following things are philosophically akin to just leaving your empty cart loose in a parking lot and driving away:

-taking a huge dump in your friend's toilet and not flushing
-letting your dog crap in the park and not picking it up
-crapping in your pants and just shoving those pants down deep into the hamper, hoping that your wife doesn't notice when she does the laundry...

Actually, no, I don't see what those things have in common with each other.

You're a serious man, Bosk1.  I can respect that.  Running this forum is serious business. 
PBR me ASAP

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2019, 08:28:07 PM »

He he, fresh blood.  Yeah, I'm the new guy.  And no, I didn't read the whole cart saga because I assumed it comes down to common sense: put the fucking cart in the corral, unless you're some kind of thoughtless twit.  Amiright? 

Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?  Etiquette question, I guess.  Asking for a friend.
PBR me ASAP

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #918 on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »
Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?   

Best time to post!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: May 28, 2019, 08:40:47 PM »

He he, fresh blood.  Yeah, I'm the new guy.  And no, I didn't read the whole cart saga because I assumed it comes down to common sense: put the fucking cart in the corral, unless you're some kind of thoughtless twit.  Amiright? 

Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?  Etiquette question, I guess.  Asking for a friend.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2019, 08:52:51 PM »
He's one of the good ones I see!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »

:lol one should also post in the drinking thread

Offline Ruba

« Reply #922 on: May 29, 2019, 02:31:10 AM »

Don't ask me, it's not like I'm doing it on alarmingly regular basis...  :| :blush

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #923 on: May 29, 2019, 06:05:46 AM »

Depends on the adult beverage.

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #924 on: May 29, 2019, 06:13:43 AM »
Gregg, you know you're old when you post Ensure as a preferred evening drink. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #925 on: May 29, 2019, 06:45:09 AM »
Whereabouts do you live? I lived smack dab in Maryvale. Plenty of laziness to be had in Maricopa, but no shopping carts behind cars anymore. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, and this was a constant thing.

I'm right on the Mesa/Tempe boarder.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #926 on: May 29, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »
FWIW, San Jose is not Northern California. 

???  Since when?  Serious question.  As someone who has grown up in CA, I've never heard anyone in either N.Cal. or So.Cal. NOT refer to the Bay Area as Northern California, so I'm legitimately confused by your statement.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #927 on: May 29, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »
FWIW, Connecticut isn't part of New England! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #928 on: May 29, 2019, 10:09:09 AM »
FWIW, San Jose is not Northern California. 

???  Since when?  Serious question.  As someone who has grown up in CA, I've never heard anyone in either N.Cal. or So.Cal. NOT refer to the Bay Area as Northern California, so I'm legitimately confused by your statement.

Notwithstanding the common usage, it's simple geography.  The northern border of California is (approximately) the 42nd parallel, and the southern border is (approximately) the 32nd parallel, so the mid-point is the 37th parallel.  In the SF Bay Area, the 37th parallel runs just south of SFO and fairly well north of San Jose.  While Californians have a tendency to disregard anything north of Tahoe, saying that San Jose is in northern California is as accurate as saying that Berkeley is in southern California.  Since the SF Bay Area straddles the north-south line of the state, I almost always refer to it as central California.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #929 on: May 29, 2019, 10:31:30 AM »
Okay, but we're not talking about a formal geographic designation, but rather an agreed regional descriptor that is used by virtually everybody in the country to describe that region.  It gets a little more subjective when you are talking about the central valley or the coast when you drop down into areas like Monterey and San Luis Obisbo.  But nobody refers to any part of the San Francisco Bay Area as anything but "Northern California" unless there is a specific, esoteric purpose for a different designation.  I know Wikipedia isn't authoritative, but it is laid out pretty clearly:

Northern California (colloquially known as NorCal) is the northern portion of the U.S. state of California. Spanning the state's northernmost 48 counties[1][2] its main population centers include the San Francisco Bay Area (anchored by the cities of San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland), the Greater Sacramento area (anchored by the state capital Sacramento), and the Metropolitan Fresno area (anchored by the city of Fresno). Northern California also contains redwood forests, along with the Sierra Nevada, including Yosemite Valley and part of Lake Tahoe, Mount Shasta (the second-highest peak in the Cascade Range after Mount Rainier in Washington), and most of the Central Valley, one of the world's most productive agricultural regions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_California#cite_note-1 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lethean

« Reply #930 on: May 29, 2019, 10:37:00 AM »
My GF and I shop at Aldi all the time. We have a designated cart quarter in her car in a special place so we don't spend it. She was loading her groceries into her car, and a woman parked next to her, and grabbed her cart as she putting the last of the items in the trunk, and ran into the store with it, thus stealing her quarter.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Aldi is the only store in our area that does this, and people are assholes....

That sucks.  Next time she should grab it right back.  :P

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #931 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »

I'm semi serious.

No, people in Phx really are that dumb.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #932 on: May 29, 2019, 11:45:51 AM »

That's a decent area. I'm sure anywhere is better than Phoenix though. So you're right by the Mesa/Globe exit nightmare traffic zone?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #933 on: May 29, 2019, 12:13:34 PM »
Whoa don't see Globe AZ mentioned here much. Or any here on the internet for that matter. Dad grew up there and still has family there. I was born in Miami AZ.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #934 on: May 29, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »
Whoa don't see Globe AZ mentioned here much. Or any here on the internet for that matter. Dad grew up there and still has family there. I was born in Miami AZ.

Miami is in Florida. Silly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #935 on: May 29, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »

Interstate 60 goes to Globe. I've never actually been there. The farthest I've been is Tucson and Cottonwood.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #936 on: May 29, 2019, 01:12:43 PM »

That's a decent area. I'm sure anywhere is better than Phoenix though. So you're right by the Mesa/Globe exit nightmare traffic zone?

Yeah I'm between 202 and 60 right next to 101. It's great access to get anywhere in like 20 minutes. Thankfully I work 3 miles from home, so I don't have to deal with the rush hour BS.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: May 29, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »
Yeah I'm between 202 and 60 right next to 101. It's great access to get anywhere in like 20 minutes. Thankfully I work 3 miles from home, so I don't have to deal with the rush hour BS.

Yup, sure enough.

:angel:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #938 on: May 29, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
That took me a minute, but that is legendary. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: May 29, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »
*bows*

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #940 on: May 30, 2019, 06:38:06 AM »
Damn I look fat... lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: May 30, 2019, 07:01:48 AM »
Damn I look fat... lol

But absolutely scrumptious!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #942 on: May 30, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »
wrong thread  lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:26:24 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Grizz

« Reply #943 on: June 01, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »
FWIW, Connecticut isn't part of New England! ;D
listen here fucko
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: June 01, 2019, 11:19:48 AM »
 :lol

The old half Yankees, half Sox meaning.