News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?

Started by The Walrus, November 03, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zook

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: JayOctavarium on May 28, 2019, 12:40:25 PM
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

In Phoenix, people purposely put carts behind peoples' cars, even if the return was two spots away. It happened so often when I lived there that it couldn't have been anything other than purposeful.

chknptpie

Quote from: Zook on May 28, 2019, 05:04:20 PM
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

In Phoenix, people purposely put carts behind peoples' cars, even if the return was two spots away. It happened so often when I lived there that it couldn't have been anything other than purposeful.

Huh, I don't think I've seen that one in my neck of the desert.

Zook

Quote from: chknptpie on May 28, 2019, 06:00:11 PM

I'm semi serious.

Huh, I don't think I've seen that one in my neck of the desert.

Whereabouts do you live? I lived smack dab in Maryvale. Plenty of laziness to be had in Maricopa, but no shopping carts behind cars anymore. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, and this was a constant thing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TheCountOfMinnesota on May 28, 2019, 03:01:06 PM
I think we can all agree that it's a shitty thing leave your cart floating in the lot without flushing putting it back

Look guys, the fresh blood must've skipped right to this page without reading the 25-page entrance exam.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

eric42434224

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 06:18:07 PM
I think we can all agree that it's a shitty thing leave your cart floating in the lot without flushing putting it back

Look guys, the fresh blood must've skipped right to this page without reading the 25-page entrance exam.

Yet he still aces the final  :biggrin:
He must have read the Cliffs Notes.

The Walrus

:rollin

TheCountOfMinnesota

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 03:04:11 PM
The following things are philosophically akin to just leaving your empty cart loose in a parking lot and driving away:

-taking a huge dump in your friend's toilet and not flushing
-letting your dog crap in the park and not picking it up
-crapping in your pants and just shoving those pants down deep into the hamper, hoping that your wife doesn't notice when she does the laundry...

Actually, no, I don't see what those things have in common with each other.

You're a serious man, Bosk1.  I can respect that.  Running this forum is serious business. 

TheCountOfMinnesota

Quote from: eric42434224 on May 28, 2019, 06:22:41 PM

He he, fresh blood.  Yeah, I'm the new guy.  And no, I didn't read the whole cart saga because I assumed it comes down to common sense: put the fucking cart in the corral, unless you're some kind of thoughtless twit.  Amiright? 

Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?  Etiquette question, I guess.  Asking for a friend.

TAC

Quote from: TheCountOfMinnesota on May 28, 2019, 07:28:07 PM
Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?   

Best time to post!  :lol
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: eric42434224 on May 28, 2019, 06:22:41 PM

He he, fresh blood.  Yeah, I'm the new guy.  And no, I didn't read the whole cart saga because I assumed it comes down to common sense: put the fucking cart in the corral, unless you're some kind of thoughtless twit.  Amiright? 

Hey should one stop posting in the evenings after they've had a few adult beverages?  Etiquette question, I guess.  Asking for a friend.

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

cramx3

:lol one should also post in the drinking thread

Ruba

Don't ask me, it's not like I'm doing it on alarmingly regular basis...  :| :blush

Podaar

Depends on the adult beverage.

King Postwhore

Gregg, you know you're old when you post Ensure as a preferred evening drink. :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

chknptpie

Quote from: Zook on May 28, 2019, 06:02:06 PM
Whereabouts do you live? I lived smack dab in Maryvale. Plenty of laziness to be had in Maricopa, but no shopping carts behind cars anymore. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, and this was a constant thing.

I'm right on the Mesa/Tempe boarder.

bosk1

Quote from: pg1067 on May 28, 2019, 04:59:28 PMFWIW, San Jose is not Northern California. 

???  Since when?  Serious question.  As someone who has grown up in CA, I've never heard anyone in either N.Cal. or So.Cal. NOT refer to the Bay Area as Northern California, so I'm legitimately confused by your statement.

TAC

FWIW, Connecticut isn't part of New England! ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pg1067

Quote from: bosk1 on May 29, 2019, 06:53:09 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on May 28, 2019, 04:59:28 PMFWIW, San Jose is not Northern California. 

???  Since when?  Serious question.  As someone who has grown up in CA, I've never heard anyone in either N.Cal. or So.Cal. NOT refer to the Bay Area as Northern California, so I'm legitimately confused by your statement.

Notwithstanding the common usage, it's simple geography.  The northern border of California is (approximately) the 42nd parallel, and the southern border is (approximately) the 32nd parallel, so the mid-point is the 37th parallel.  In the SF Bay Area, the 37th parallel runs just south of SFO and fairly well north of San Jose.  While Californians have a tendency to disregard anything north of Tahoe, saying that San Jose is in northern California is as accurate as saying that Berkeley is in southern California.  Since the SF Bay Area straddles the north-south line of the state, I almost always refer to it as central California.

bosk1

Okay, but we're not talking about a formal geographic designation, but rather an agreed regional descriptor that is used by virtually everybody in the country to describe that region.  It gets a little more subjective when you are talking about the central valley or the coast when you drop down into areas like Monterey and San Luis Obisbo.  But nobody refers to any part of the San Francisco Bay Area as anything but "Northern California" unless there is a specific, esoteric purpose for a different designation.  I know Wikipedia isn't authoritative, but it is laid out pretty clearly:

QuoteNorthern California (colloquially known as NorCal) is the northern portion of the U.S. state of California. Spanning the state's northernmost 48 counties[1][2] its main population centers include the San Francisco Bay Area (anchored by the cities of San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland), the Greater Sacramento area (anchored by the state capital Sacramento), and the Metropolitan Fresno area (anchored by the city of Fresno). Northern California also contains redwood forests, along with the Sierra Nevada, including Yosemite Valley and part of Lake Tahoe, Mount Shasta (the second-highest peak in the Cascade Range after Mount Rainier in Washington), and most of the Central Valley, one of the world's most productive agricultural regions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_California#cite_note-1 

Lethean

Quote from: JayOctavarium on May 28, 2019, 08:45:18 AM
My GF and I shop at Aldi all the time. We have a designated cart quarter in her car in a special place so we don't spend it. She was loading her groceries into her car, and a woman parked next to her, and grabbed her cart as she putting the last of the items in the trunk, and ran into the store with it, thus stealing her quarter.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Aldi is the only store in our area that does this, and people are assholes....

That sucks.  Next time she should grab it right back.  :P

Dublagent66

I'm semi serious.

No, people in Phx really are that dumb.  :lol

Zook

Quote from: chknptpie on May 29, 2019, 05:45:09 AM

That's a decent area. I'm sure anywhere is better than Phoenix though. So you're right by the Mesa/Globe exit nightmare traffic zone?

Cool Chris

Whoa don't see Globe AZ mentioned here much. Or any here on the internet for that matter. Dad grew up there and still has family there. I was born in Miami AZ.

Adami

Quote from: Cool Chris on May 29, 2019, 11:13:34 AM
Whoa don't see Globe AZ mentioned here much. Or any here on the internet for that matter. Dad grew up there and still has family there. I was born in Miami AZ.

Miami is in Florida. Silly.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Zook

Quote from: Cool Chris on May 29, 2019, 11:13:34 AM

Interstate 60 goes to Globe. I've never actually been there. The farthest I've been is Tucson and Cottonwood.

chknptpie

Quote from: Zook on May 29, 2019, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: chknptpie on May 29, 2019, 05:45:09 AM

That's a decent area. I'm sure anywhere is better than Phoenix though. So you're right by the Mesa/Globe exit nightmare traffic zone?

Yeah I'm between 202 and 60 right next to 101. It's great access to get anywhere in like 20 minutes. Thankfully I work 3 miles from home, so I don't have to deal with the rush hour BS.

Podaar

Quote from: chknptpie on May 29, 2019, 12:12:43 PM
Yeah I'm between 202 and 60 right next to 101. It's great access to get anywhere in like 20 minutes. Thankfully I work 3 miles from home, so I don't have to deal with the rush hour BS.

Yup, sure enough.

:angel:

Stadler

That took me a minute, but that is legendary. 

Podaar

chknptpie

jingle.boy

King Postwhore

wrong thread  lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Grizz

King Postwhore