Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90282 times)

Offline Ruba

Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #875 on: May 28, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »
I'm waiting for 2024 election with Katt at pro-corral party with Tim running against him. :corn

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #876 on: May 28, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »
So, what is a shopping cart that is not meant to carry an item?

Philosophically speaking, are the objects we are (supposedly) returning to the corrals even shopping carts in that moment? Shopping carts are designed to carry items for us, items that we do not wish to or cannot carry our selves. But after that function is served, and before another takes them, they do not serve that purpose anymore. So maybe one problem is that we cannot put a shopping cart back in the corral if it is no longer, functionally, a shopping cart?

So this is mostly a philosophical problem, not one of laziness.

However.....after its use, a shopping cart, much like what we initially put in them, becomes an object we cannot or choose not to carry with us.

So I think the obvious solution is a much LARGER shopping cart to put our shopping carts in. They, then, become functional shopping carts and we can justly put them back in the coral.

You all in?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #877 on: May 28, 2019, 03:36:54 PM »
I'm waiting for 2024 election with Katt at pro-corral party with Tim running against him. :corn

see this is a good reply and not dragging it out further
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #878 on: May 28, 2019, 03:40:21 PM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #879 on: May 28, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »

Philosophically speaking, are the objects we are (supposedly) returning to the corrals even shopping carts in that moment? Shopping carts are designed to carry items for us, items that we do not wish to or cannot carry our selves. But after that function is served, and before another takes them, they do not serve that purpose anymore. So maybe one problem is that we cannot put a shopping cart back in the corral if it is no longer, functionally, a shopping cart?

However.....after its use, a shopping cart, much like what we initially put in them, becomes an object we cannot or choose not to carry with us.

So I think the obvious solution is a much LARGER shopping cart to put our shopping carts in. They, then, become functional shopping carts and we can justly put them back in the coral.

You all in?

No, because the shopping cart isn't something you shopped for.... so you need a shopping cart to put the bigger shopping cart in....and so on....and so on....until you find the prime mover container....which cant be a cart....it must be the corral!!!!!!
Therefore you must put carts in the corral, and the corral is.....god?
Did I just have a stroke?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Adami

« Reply #880 on: May 28, 2019, 03:50:03 PM »
But if we use the bigger cart to put them in the corral, then that IS a cart being used as a cart, thus moving around the philosophical dilemma that TAC wasn't sure how to articulate. So the prime mover becomes us, and we become our own gods.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #881 on: May 28, 2019, 03:51:21 PM »
But if we use the bigger cart to put them in the corral, then that IS a cart being used as a cart, thus moving around the philosophical dilemma that TAC wasn't sure how to articulate. So the prime mover becomes us, and we become our own gods.

Except we didnt SHOP for the cart we are putting in the bigger cart.  So it is not being used as a SHOPPING cart.  It is being used as a wheelbarrow of sorts.  Certainly TAC can return a WHEELBARROW to the corral, yes?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: May 28, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
and we become our own gods.

and that's why we are here

Offline pg1067

« Reply #883 on: May 28, 2019, 03:53:40 PM »
Interesting how your selective reasoning must be convenient.  I already explained why the corrals are there.  Of course it's their job, but management doesn't want their employees spending all their time in the parking lot.  Time is money.  I also said it's a safety liability as well.  How is that even remotely comparable to reviewing contracts?  Apples and oranges dude.

Err....  I get that having customers do some or all of the work of getting carts back to store is good for the stores, but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.  As far as it being "a safety liability," I suppose, but I'm fairly confident that the incidence of injury suffered by retail employees while retrieving carts is so low as not to be worth considering.

Looks like you're still seeing orange apples.  I suppose you can continue to argue whatever point you're trying to make, but the simplest concept still remains.  If someone lets you use their shopping cart, the least you can do is stick in their corral.  :p 
:lol :rollin :lol

No, the least I can do is leave it in their parking lot in a location that will neither pose a reasonable risk of damage to others' cars or inhibit others from parking, which is exactly what I do.

The corrals are one of those locations you just described.  You still haven't provided a reasonable argument for not using them.

I agree with the first sentence:  the corral is one of many options that serve the purposes I mentioned.  As for the second, I've explained it many times, but our definitions of "reasonable" obviously differ.  With that said, you haven't offered a "reasonable" explanation for preferring the corral to other locations that don't inhibit parking or pose a reasonable risk of damage.  Absent such an explanation, I'll keep making my own decisions about which location to use.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Adami

« Reply #884 on: May 28, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »

Except we didnt SHOP for the cart we are putting in the bigger cart.  So it is not being used as a SHOPPING cart.  It is being used as a wheelbarrow.  Certainly TAC can return a WHEELBARROW to the corral yes?

Listen, I've recently become my own god, and clearly you aren't there  yet. And as a god, I only speak to other gods (sup hef?) so once you put the shopping cart back and ascend to godhood, we can chat.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #885 on: May 28, 2019, 03:54:23 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #886 on: May 28, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »

Except we didnt SHOP for the cart we are putting in the bigger cart.  So it is not being used as a SHOPPING cart.  It is being used as a wheelbarrow.  Certainly TAC can return a WHEELBARROW to the corral yes?

Listen, I've recently become my own god, and clearly you aren't there  yet. And as a god, I only speak to other gods (sup hef?) so once you put the shopping cart back and ascend to godhood, we can chat.

You do realize that I argue FOR corrals, yes?  So yeah.  Wassup.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #887 on: May 28, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »

Except we didnt SHOP for the cart we are putting in the bigger cart.  So it is not being used as a SHOPPING cart.  It is being used as a wheelbarrow of sorts.  Certainly TAC can return a WHEELBARROW to the corral, yes?

I confused.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #888 on: May 28, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »

You do realize that I argue?  So yeah.  Wassup.

Yes, we realize that. ;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: May 28, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »
I'm going to melt down every shopping cart in existence
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: May 28, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »

And make a throne.

AMIRITE?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #891 on: May 28, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »

I confused.

Well you do fight the Cart Wars against the evil Grocery Store so........
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #892 on: May 28, 2019, 03:58:59 PM »

You all in?

:lol  That's pretty good material for a radio show but I don't see a philosophical problem.  Is a car still a car without a driver in it?  Absolutely.  A shopping cart is a shopping cart is a shopping cart.  I think the same thing goes for corrals too even though there are probably no shopping carts in them.   :rollin

Fake Pic?  LOL
Next thing you know, we will be hearing that these threads are "Witch Hunts", and Shopping Cart Corrals are the "Enemy of the People". SAD!

:lol

Pretty sure the Russians colluded to put the carts there.

Or...it could be a Cuban shopping cart crisis.   :rollin :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: May 28, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »

And make a throne.

AMIRITE?!

Let's see if TAC gets that reference!

"Do you know what the Realm is? It's the thousand wheels of Katt's enemies."

Offline Ruba

« Reply #894 on: May 28, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »

You all in?

This is why I like and hate philosophy.

Since I like sigging you and updating my sig has been long overdue, here it is.

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

« Reply #895 on: May 28, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »
The following things are philosophically akin to just leaving your empty cart loose in a parking lot and driving away:

-taking a huge dump in your friend's toilet and not flushing
-letting your dog crap in the park and not picking it up
-crapping in your pants and just shoving those pants down deep into the hamper, hoping that your wife doesn't notice when she does the laundry...

...I, uh... have to go to the bathroom.  BRB, but I think we can all agree that it's a shitty thing leave your cart floating in the lot without flushing putting it back
PBR me ASAP

Online Adami

« Reply #896 on: May 28, 2019, 04:01:18 PM »

You all in?

:lol  That's pretty good material for a radio show but I don't see a philosophical problem.  Is a car still a car without a driver in it?  Absolutely.  A shopping cart is a shopping cart is a shopping cart.  I think the same thing goes for corrals too even though there are probably no shopping carts in them.   :rollin

Well, as a recently ascended god, i can say that you're wrong. And as a mere mortal, you're not allowed to question me.

Now, go return the carts and maybe you can become a god too.

But it does beg a question, if a cart is not a cart between uses (which I, as a god, have proclaimed) is a corral still a corral without carts?

So how can TAC return a cart to a corral if neither exist?

EXACTLY!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #897 on: May 28, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »
I'll just use the carry out service.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: May 28, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »

And make a throne.

AMIRITE?!

Let's see if TAC gets that reference!

"Do you know what the Realm is? It's the thousand wheels of Katt's enemies."

Tim is the North.  The 6 Realms put the carts in the coral.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #899 on: May 28, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »
The following things are philosophically akin to just leaving your empty cart loose in a parking lot and driving away:

-crapping in your pants and just shoving those pants down deep into the hamper, hoping that your wife doesn't notice when she does the laundry...

Actually, no, I don't see what those things have in common with each other. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »
Taking a crap in a cart and not putting it in the coral?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #901 on: May 28, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »

Um..that's a bit too real for this thread.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: May 28, 2019, 04:11:16 PM »
How about crapping in one of those coin lock things to get a cart

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #903 on: May 28, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

You've obviously spent time in Northern California cities recently.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #904 on: May 28, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »

Actually, no, I don't see what those things have in common with each other.

I Knight Thee...... Sir Buzz Killington
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: May 28, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »

I think we all have those areas unfortunately.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #906 on: May 28, 2019, 04:30:54 PM »

You all in?

Now, go return the carts and maybe you can become a god too.

Is that all I needed to do to become a god?  I wish someone would've told me sooner.  I guess before Abraham returned carts, I am. :p  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #907 on: May 28, 2019, 04:36:27 PM »

Bosk, I kid you not..when we were out there last summer, we went to downtown San Jose. We were at the city hall plaza (which is really cool, btw), and we literally watched a woman open one of those boxes where they drop community newspapers and take a dump.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #908 on: May 28, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »

Bosk, I kid you not..when we were out there last summer, we went to downtown San Jose. We were at the city hall plaza (which is really cool, btw), and we literally watched a woman open one of those boxes where they drop community newspapers and take a dump.

FWIW, San Jose is not Northern California.  The point is otherwise valid.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #909 on: May 28, 2019, 06:02:27 PM »
We made it as far north as Arcata.