Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?

Started by The Walrus, November 03, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

cramx3

The pic looks like the sides are on an incline and maybe thats why the people didn't put them there since they'd roll into the street anyway.

TAC

Quote from: cramx3 on May 28, 2019, 12:48:40 PM
The pic looks like the sides are on an incline and maybe thats why the people didn't put them there since they'd roll into the street anyway.

That pic is total propaganda. The carriage heathens have no regard for the disabled. I mean he's disabled and stupid. He could've had a nice spot up front!

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

cramx3

Quote from: TAC on May 28, 2019, 12:50:51 PM

That pic is total propaganda. The carriage heathens have no regard for the disabled. I mean he's disabled and stupid. He could've had a nice spot up front!

:lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on May 28, 2019, 12:50:51 PM

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: JayOctavarium on May 28, 2019, 12:40:25 PM
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

You're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

:youfail:

https://medium.com/@sarahpruett/the-day-my-two-month-old-and-husband-blew-up-the-internet-37915e65b9ba
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Ruba

The Walrus

Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 01:09:54 PM
So this debate isn't contained to DTF? :lol

I kicked off this very thread because of a real world debate over these damn carts.

I'm drawing battle lines. Bolton army on the side of lawlessness, Starks and the Vale on the side of all that is good.

TAC

Quote from: Kattelox on May 28, 2019, 01:11:23 PM

I kicked off this very thread because of a real world debate over these damn carts.

I'm drawing battle lines. Bolton army on the side of lawlessness, Starks and the Vale on the side of all that is good.

WHO??

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on May 28, 2019, 01:13:16 PM
Quote from: Kattelox on May 28, 2019, 01:11:23 PM

WHO??

See, if you watched Game of Thrones, you'd be hip to my sweet references, but you're square! Did they name tic TAC toe after you?!  :lol

TAC

Oh..Game Of Thrones.

GOT it.

#seewhatIdidthere

cramx3

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 01:07:15 PM
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

You're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

https://medium.com/@sarahpruett/the-day-my-two-month-old-and-husband-blew-up-the-internet-37915e65b9ba

I wasn't too sure if it was real at first, but this story is interesting as they explained why they were where they were for that picture. 

Also that pic looks like people could have put the carts in the dirt, but didn't so rules out my theory as to why they weren't there.

The Walrus

Dublagent66

Quote from: pg1067 on May 24, 2019, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: Dublagent66 on May 23, 2019, 09:18:09 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on May 22, 2019, 02:43:50 PM
Quote from: Dublagent66 on May 22, 2019, 01:12:49 PM
Interesting how your selective reasoning must be convenient.  I already explained why the corrals are there.  Of course it's their job, but management doesn't want their employees spending all their time in the parking lot.  Time is money.  I also said it's a safety liability as well.  How is that even remotely comparable to reviewing contracts?  Apples and oranges dude.

Err....  I get that having customers do some or all of the work of getting carts back to store is good for the stores, but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.  As far as it being "a safety liability," I suppose, but I'm fairly confident that the incidence of injury suffered by retail employees while retrieving carts is so low as not to be worth considering.

Looks like you're still seeing orange apples.  I suppose you can continue to argue whatever point you're trying to make, but the simplest concept still remains.  If someone lets you use their shopping cart, the least you can do is stick in their corral.  :p 
:lol :rollin :lol

No, the least I can do is leave it in their parking lot in a location that will neither pose a reasonable risk of damage to others' cars or inhibit others from parking, which is exactly what I do.

The corrals are one of those locations you just described.  You still haven't provided a reasonable argument for not using them.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Kattelox on May 28, 2019, 01:24:00 PM
Quote from: TAC on May 28, 2019, 01:18:13 PM
Oh..Game Of Thrones.

GOT it.

#seewhatIdidthere

I don't get it.

No, see, I DID get it, but I was waiting for TAC to explain it, thus making TAC play himself. C'mon Chad!  :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 01:07:15 PM

I'm semi serious.

Nice.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

bosk1

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 01:07:15 PMYou're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

And you are so staunch in yours that you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - (1) missed the tells as to WHY it is likely fake, and (2) COMPLETELY missed the point of my post (which agreed that it was rude to leave the carts there and that there is no good reason for doing so) and zeroed in on a nonsequitur? 

You done missed the point, son!  :lol

TAC

The Walrus

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 01:07:15 PMYou're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

And you are so staunch in yours that you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - (1) missed the tells as to WHY it is likely fake, and (2) COMPLETELY missed the point of my post (which agreed that it was rude to leave the carts there and that there is no good reason for doing so) and zeroed in on a nonsequitur? 

What are the tells? That's... uh... that's a real photo. So what is the point of calling it fake?  Is this a subtle acknowledgment of trolling?! [inb4 the denial]

bosk1

*sigh*  OK, to spare us all the trouble, I'll just ignore your fail at reading comprehension and just say I was wrong then.  Moving on...

The Walrus

Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for. We've all been having fun here.

eric42434224

Fake Pic?  LOL
Next thing you know, we will be hearing that these threads are "Witch Hunts", and Shopping Cart Corrals are the "Enemy of the People". SAD!

eric42434224

Quote from: Kattelox on May 28, 2019, 02:03:53 PM
Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for.

Quote from: bosk1 on May 25, 2019, 10:48:56 PM
What a pointlessly judgmental thing to say.

bosk1

Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for. We've all been having fun here.

It was fun until your equally uncalled-for accusation of trolling. 

TAC

Quote from: eric42434224 on May 28, 2019, 02:04:48 PM
Fake Pic?  LOL
Next thing you know, we will be hearing that these threads are "Witch Hunts", and Shopping Cart Corrals are the "Enemy of the People". SAD!

Pretty sure the Russians colluded to put the carts there.

The Walrus

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 02:18:53 PM

Okay but you called it a fake and even after jingle linked the story you were talking about 'tells' that it was fake hence why I said that, there was nothing insensitive or mean there. It's nice that you get to chastise others for being judgmental but then you do it yourself and get in a huff about it. Wtf, dude, we've talked about this before. This ain't cool, I'm genuinely kind of bothered by how unfun this suddenly became. Whatev, I'll shut up before I get banned again for calling it out, again

jingle.boy

Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 01:57:05 PM

I'm not sure what my position on shopping cart etiquette have to do with you dismissing facts as fake.  If the true point of your post was about how rude it was to leave the carts there, I guess I don't get the point of why the need to even infer that the pic is fake.  If I zeroed in on nonsequitur, it was yours, not mine.

But whatever ... again, moving on.

@ TAC... thanks for bringing back the levity.   :tup

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 02:26:42 PM

Just trying to bring levity to the thread the whole time. :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on May 28, 2019, 02:28:12 PM

If only we could bring levitation to shopping carts!

TAC

Self corralling carts!

Elon Musk, you listening??

eric42434224

Agreed, well done bringing levity back to the thread...for the good of all.  And how long did that take you?  Extra 30 seconds maybe?   :lol

bosk1

Quote from: Kattelox on May 28, 2019, 02:24:09 PM
Quote from: bosk1 on May 28, 2019, 02:18:53 PM

Okay but you called it a fake and even after jingle linked the story you were talking about 'tells' that it was fake hence why I said that, there was nothing insensitive or mean there. It's nice that you get to chastise others for being judgmental but then you do it yourself and get in a huff about it. Wtf, dude, we've talked about this before. This ain't cool, I'm genuinely kind of bothered by how unfun this suddenly became. Whatev, I'll shut up before I get banned again for calling it out, again

I honestly have no idea what you are upset about.  Even reading back again through what was said, it looks to me like YOU were the aggressor, not me.  But I'm not looking to argue with you, so why don't we just agree to let it go?  If you feel that it's a bigger deal than I see it as, PM me and we'll talk.  Cool?

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 28, 2019, 02:26:42 PMIf the true point of your post was about how rude it was to leave the carts there, I guess I don't get the point of why the need to even infer that the pic is fake. 

Hence me staring that phrase with "aside from," and setting it off with a comma, indicating that it was a minor point that stood in opposition or contrast to my main point.  Again, not sure why you zeroed in on that rather than the point I was actually making.

TAC

Quote from: eric42434224 on May 28, 2019, 02:32:22 PM

Agreed, well done bringing levity back to the thread...for the good of all.  And how long did that take you?  Extra 30 seconds maybe?   :lol

I'm 50. I do my best work in 30 seconds! :lol

Wait, wut..