Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90229 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
The pic looks like the sides are on an incline and maybe thats why the people didn't put them there since they'd roll into the street anyway.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #842 on: May 28, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
The pic looks like the sides are on an incline and maybe thats why the people didn't put them there since they'd roll into the street anyway.

That pic is total propaganda. The carriage heathens have no regard for the disabled. I mean he's disabled and stupid. He could've had a nice spot up front!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #843 on: May 28, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »

Aside from the above pic being fake

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #844 on: May 28, 2019, 01:52:07 PM »

That pic is total propaganda. The carriage heathens have no regard for the disabled. I mean he's disabled and stupid. He could've had a nice spot up front!

:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #845 on: May 28, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #846 on: May 28, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

You're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

:youfail:

https://medium.com/@sarahpruett/the-day-my-two-month-old-and-husband-blew-up-the-internet-37915e65b9ba
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ruba

« Reply #847 on: May 28, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
So this debate isn't contained to DTF? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #848 on: May 28, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »

I kicked off this very thread because of a real world debate over these damn carts.

I'm drawing battle lines. Bolton army on the side of lawlessness, Starks and the Vale on the side of all that is good.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #849 on: May 28, 2019, 02:13:16 PM »

I kicked off this very thread because of a real world debate over these damn carts.

I'm drawing battle lines. Bolton army on the side of lawlessness, Starks and the Vale on the side of all that is good.

WHO??

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »

WHO??

See, if you watched Game of Thrones, you'd be hip to my sweet references, but you're square! Did they name tic TAC toe after you?!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #851 on: May 28, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
Oh..Game Of Thrones.

GOT it.

#seewhatIdidthere

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #852 on: May 28, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

You're so staunch in your position you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - dismiss this as being fake?

https://medium.com/@sarahpruett/the-day-my-two-month-old-and-husband-blew-up-the-internet-37915e65b9ba

I wasn't too sure if it was real at first, but this story is interesting as they explained why they were where they were for that picture. 

Also that pic looks like people could have put the carts in the dirt, but didn't so rules out my theory as to why they weren't there.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: May 28, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »
Oh..Game Of Thrones.

GOT it.

#seewhatIdidthere

I don't get it.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #854 on: May 28, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Interesting how your selective reasoning must be convenient.  I already explained why the corrals are there.  Of course it's their job, but management doesn't want their employees spending all their time in the parking lot.  Time is money.  I also said it's a safety liability as well.  How is that even remotely comparable to reviewing contracts?  Apples and oranges dude.

Err....  I get that having customers do some or all of the work of getting carts back to store is good for the stores, but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.  As far as it being "a safety liability," I suppose, but I'm fairly confident that the incidence of injury suffered by retail employees while retrieving carts is so low as not to be worth considering.

Looks like you're still seeing orange apples.  I suppose you can continue to argue whatever point you're trying to make, but the simplest concept still remains.  If someone lets you use their shopping cart, the least you can do is stick in their corral.  :p 
:lol :rollin :lol

No, the least I can do is leave it in their parking lot in a location that will neither pose a reasonable risk of damage to others' cars or inhibit others from parking, which is exactly what I do.

The corrals are one of those locations you just described.  You still haven't provided a reasonable argument for not using them.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:23 PM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: May 28, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »
Oh..Game Of Thrones.

GOT it.

#seewhatIdidthere

I don't get it.

No, see, I DID get it, but I was waiting for TAC to explain it, thus making TAC play himself. C'mon Chad!  :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #857 on: May 28, 2019, 02:54:16 PM »

I'm semi serious.

Nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #858 on: May 28, 2019, 02:57:05 PM »

And you are so staunch in yours that you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - (1) missed the tells as to WHY it is likely fake, and (2) COMPLETELY missed the point of my post (which agreed that it was rude to leave the carts there and that there is no good reason for doing so) and zeroed in on a nonsequitur? 

You done missed the point, son!  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
This thread is fake.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #860 on: May 28, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »

And you are so staunch in yours that you immediately - IMMEDIATELY - (1) missed the tells as to WHY it is likely fake, and (2) COMPLETELY missed the point of my post (which agreed that it was rude to leave the carts there and that there is no good reason for doing so) and zeroed in on a nonsequitur? 

What are the tells? That's... uh... that's a real photo. So what is the point of calling it fake?  Is this a subtle acknowledgment of trolling?! [inb4 the denial]

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #861 on: May 28, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
*sigh*  OK, to spare us all the trouble, I'll just ignore your fail at reading comprehension and just say I was wrong then.  Moving on...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: May 28, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for. We've all been having fun here.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #863 on: May 28, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
Fake Pic?  LOL
Next thing you know, we will be hearing that these threads are "Witch Hunts", and Shopping Cart Corrals are the "Enemy of the People". SAD!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:13:29 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #864 on: May 28, 2019, 03:06:36 PM »
Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for.

What a pointlessly judgmental thing to say.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:13:54 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #865 on: May 28, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
Bosk, don't passive aggressively drop an attack at my reading comprehension like that. C'mon, be an adult, dude, that wasn't called for. We've all been having fun here.

It was fun until your equally uncalled-for accusation of trolling. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #866 on: May 28, 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
Fake Pic?  LOL
Next thing you know, we will be hearing that these threads are "Witch Hunts", and Shopping Cart Corrals are the "Enemy of the People". SAD!

Pretty sure the Russians colluded to put the carts there.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #867 on: May 28, 2019, 03:24:09 PM »

Okay but you called it a fake and even after jingle linked the story you were talking about 'tells' that it was fake hence why I said that, there was nothing insensitive or mean there. It's nice that you get to chastise others for being judgmental but then you do it yourself and get in a huff about it. Wtf, dude, we've talked about this before. This ain't cool, I'm genuinely kind of bothered by how unfun this suddenly became. Whatev, I'll shut up before I get banned again for calling it out, again

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: May 28, 2019, 03:26:42 PM »

I'm not sure what my position on shopping cart etiquette have to do with you dismissing facts as fake.  If the true point of your post was about how rude it was to leave the carts there, I guess I don't get the point of why the need to even infer that the pic is fake.  If I zeroed in on nonsequitur, it was yours, not mine.

But whatever ... again, moving on.

@ TAC... thanks for bringing back the levity.   :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #869 on: May 28, 2019, 03:28:12 PM »

Just trying to bring levity to the thread the whole time. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #870 on: May 28, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »

If only we could bring levitation to shopping carts!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #871 on: May 28, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »
Self corralling carts!

Elon Musk, you listening??

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #872 on: May 28, 2019, 03:32:22 PM »

Agreed, well done bringing levity back to the thread...for the good of all.  And how long did that take you?  Extra 30 seconds maybe?   :lol
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #873 on: May 28, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »

Okay but you called it a fake and even after jingle linked the story you were talking about 'tells' that it was fake hence why I said that, there was nothing insensitive or mean there. It's nice that you get to chastise others for being judgmental but then you do it yourself and get in a huff about it. Wtf, dude, we've talked about this before. This ain't cool, I'm genuinely kind of bothered by how unfun this suddenly became. Whatev, I'll shut up before I get banned again for calling it out, again

I honestly have no idea what you are upset about.  Even reading back again through what was said, it looks to me like YOU were the aggressor, not me.  But I'm not looking to argue with you, so why don't we just agree to let it go?  If you feel that it's a bigger deal than I see it as, PM me and we'll talk.  Cool?

If the true point of your post was about how rude it was to leave the carts there, I guess I don't get the point of why the need to even infer that the pic is fake. 

Hence me staring that phrase with "aside from," and setting it off with a comma, indicating that it was a minor point that stood in opposition or contrast to my main point.  Again, not sure why you zeroed in on that rather than the point I was actually making.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #874 on: May 28, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »

Agreed, well done bringing levity back to the thread...for the good of all.  And how long did that take you?  Extra 30 seconds maybe?   :lol

I'm 50. I do my best work in 30 seconds! :lol

Wait, wut..