Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90257 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #805 on: May 24, 2019, 04:33:58 PM »
... okay, it's a steak dinner, but we're going to Applebee's now.  :lol

damn, but yea the severe downgrade makes sense  :lol

It's funny how every time I have a cart and finish loading my car with groceries that I immediately think of this thread

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #806 on: May 24, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #807 on: May 24, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »
I send pictures to Tim of the corrals when I shop.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #808 on: May 24, 2019, 05:53:16 PM »
I send pictures to Tim of the corrals when I shop.

You're not the only DTFer that does that! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: May 24, 2019, 06:03:00 PM »
GET OUT! :lol

OUT YOURSELVES! LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #810 on: May 24, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
You also have zero obligation to surrender your seat in a bus to a pregnant woman or an elderly person.

Not sure if regional or national but on the transit system I used to ride you are required to give up your seat for the elderly/handicapped. Not sure if you have to for pregnant women.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: May 24, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
You also have zero obligation to surrender your seat in a bus to a pregnant woman or an elderly person.

Not sure if regional or national but on the transit system I used to ride you are required to give up your seat for the elderly/handicapped. Not sure if you have to for pregnant women.

I bet she left the carriage next to a car.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: May 25, 2019, 07:24:33 AM »

It's suggested and encouraged here, but it's not required or enforced.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #814 on: May 25, 2019, 11:48:56 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Those who take the extra 30 seconds to secure a cart in the corral are ensuring the cart will not do any damage to any vehicle.  Those who don't are willing to take the chance, no matter how small, that the cart might do some damage or cause an inconvenience to another shopper....all in the name of 30 seconds.  Regardless of any rationalization, you simply can't know that leaving a cart outside the corral won't have detrimental result. 
It isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things....but it is laziness....just own it.
JMHO.

Just looked up the definition of "lazy" just to make sure it didn't change when I wasn't looking.  That pretty much confirmed that laziness has NOTHING to do with what PG and others have posted.  Properly leaving a cart somewhere other than a corral has nothing to do with laziness.  What a pointlessly judgmental thing to say. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #815 on: May 26, 2019, 03:07:37 AM »
To all of you saying that you leave your carts in the parking lot in a place that won't be in the way or cause damage to other peoples property, you know the store has conveniently already made a place for that (most stores have multiple places, usually within a 10 second walk of any parking space on the lot), called a cart corral.

Or if you have to leave it somewhere else, at least put it in the bike lanes along the street, since the bicyclists don't use them... :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #816 on: May 26, 2019, 03:21:05 AM »
I mean it really doesn't matter if you 'properly' leave it somewhere else anyway because there's already a designated place for it. One that's made of steel, and built for the sole purpose of keeping them all together. Ain't that unreasonable to call it laziness tbh. EDIT: But if you do leave it out... if your car one day gets damaged, you'll find no sympathy here! :lol

EDIT 2: What Pup said.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #817 on: May 26, 2019, 03:22:35 AM »
I mean it really doesn't matter if you 'properly' leave it somewhere else anyway because there's already a designated place for it. One that's made of steel, and built for the sole purpose of keeping them all together. Ain't that unreasonable to call it laziness (which it is!).
That was my point
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: May 26, 2019, 03:24:27 AM »
I mean it really doesn't matter if you 'properly' leave it somewhere else anyway because there's already a designated place for it. One that's made of steel, and built for the sole purpose of keeping them all together. Ain't that unreasonable to call it laziness (which it is!).
That was my point

I know. I wasn't responding to you!   :loser:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #819 on: May 26, 2019, 05:28:38 AM »
I pulled into a car space at the supermarket yesterday where some cunt left their trolley.  The trolley bay was two fucking spaces away.  TWO FUCKING SPACES!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #820 on: May 26, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »
That was my point

I know. I wasn't responding to you!   :loser:
:facepalm: :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #821 on: May 26, 2019, 08:27:02 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Those who take the extra 30 seconds to secure a cart in the corral are ensuring the cart will not do any damage to any vehicle.  Those who don't are willing to take the chance, no matter how small, that the cart might do some damage or cause an inconvenience to another shopper....all in the name of 30 seconds.  Regardless of any rationalization, you simply can't know that leaving a cart outside the corral won't have detrimental result. 
It isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things....but it is laziness....just own it.
JMHO.

Just looked up the definition of "lazy" just to make sure it didn't change when I wasn't looking.  That pretty much confirmed that laziness has NOTHING to do with what PG and others have posted.  Properly leaving a cart somewhere other than a corral has nothing to do with laziness.  What a pointlessly judgmental thing to say.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lazy

lazy adjective       la·​zy | \ ˈlā-zē  \       lazier; laziest
Definition of lazy (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : disinclined to activity or exertion : not energetic or vigorous
The lazy child moderator tried to avoid household chores putting the cart back to the corral.

Nope, the definition hasn't change, and it fits.  Even the example of it in a sentence was spot on!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:46:01 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #822 on: May 26, 2019, 11:09:45 PM »

Edit: it's also a good way to tell I've been drinking—if you see me posting in this thread, I've been drinking.

Ha ha!  :lol
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #823 on: May 27, 2019, 05:27:09 PM »
It just occurs to me that this entire debate is a uniquely american problem since most places in europe have these beasties:

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: May 27, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
Ok I'm stupid, what are those? I get that's to prevent carts getting stolen but how does that prevent someone just leaving the cart where ever?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: May 27, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
You put a coin in to release it and return it to get the coin back.  Am I right?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #826 on: May 27, 2019, 05:54:18 PM »
Precisely. I mean, you can leave it anywhere, but then you are out of a euro/dollar/quid/whatever. Most people will spend 30-60 seconds to save a euro.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #827 on: May 27, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »
I remember seeing those in Ireland.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: May 27, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »
gonna write my congresspeople to introduce legislation to bring those to the land of the free, home of the brave, realm of the lawless

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #829 on: May 27, 2019, 06:18:17 PM »
It just occurs to me that this entire debate is a uniquely american problem since most places in europe have these beasties:

Precisely. I mean, you can leave it anywhere, but then you are out of a euro/dollar/quid/whatever. Most people will spend 30-60 seconds to save a euro.

Awesome.  Another mundane thing that shows us how lazy we have become.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #830 on: May 27, 2019, 11:17:29 PM »
Awesome.  Another mundane thing that shows us how lazy we have become.
Yeah gonna call bullshit on the notion that we've "become" "lazy" as a collective
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Ruba

« Reply #831 on: May 27, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »

Yep, I think these are a good invention. I've rarely seen rogue carts at market parking lots.

I remember somebody mentioning that unless you don't have any spare change, then you're outta luck and cart. That is certainly true, but you can also buy metallic/plastic tokens for about 50 cents that fit into the coin slot.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #832 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
My GF and I shop at Aldi all the time. We have a designated cart quarter in her car in a special place so we don't spend it. She was loading her groceries into her car, and a woman parked next to her, and grabbed her cart as she putting the last of the items in the trunk, and ran into the store with it, thus stealing her quarter.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Aldi is the only store in our area that does this, and people are assholes....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #833 on: May 28, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #834 on: May 28, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »

/thread

Put your carts where they belong. The cart corral.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #835 on: May 28, 2019, 01:40:25 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #836 on: May 28, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
Or don't be a bag of dicks and block the sidewalk with them. There is plenty of space in the dirt for them.

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #837 on: May 28, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »

I'm semi serious.

:lol  Exactly.  Aside from the above pic being fake, there's no reason to put carts blocking a walkway, even if you don't put them in the corrals.

Right. It looks like DTF Productions.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #838 on: May 28, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »
I'm on it Tim. :lol

Offline Ruba

« Reply #839 on: May 28, 2019, 01:47:35 PM »
So we've moved on to Fake Corral News?  :justjen

There's no reason, but I know people can be stupid/inconsiderate/asshole enough for it to be plausible.