Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90203 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #770 on: May 22, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »
This is definitely my favorite thread on the forum.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #771 on: May 22, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
Tim, I dare you to tell your wife that.  You'll be soooooory! :lol

I wipe my self. But I did need her to put on one of my socks the other day! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #772 on: May 22, 2019, 04:18:43 PM »
I can't laugh at that. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #773 on: May 23, 2019, 07:22:10 AM »
I love you, but you are literally the only person I have ever heard with this point of view.

Tim has a lot of unique views that are surprising. Don't get him started on car washes and leaf blowers.  :lol

Too late. I have to know this now that you've brought it up, and we'll need threads depending on how outlandish the views are.  :lol

Car washes are stupid and a waste of money because, well, rain!

Cleaning up the fallen leaves from your yard is a waste of time and money because, well, wind!

:lol :lol
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.  lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #774 on: May 23, 2019, 07:46:46 AM »
I once knew a woman with a white car who hadn't washed it the entire time she owned it. 7 years. In Colorado. She was genuinely offended when I suggested she finally wash it, because "it's just going to get dirty again."
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48:00 AM »
I'm on vacation now and I was wondering what reading material I'm going to bring, I've decided that this thread will be a good place to start.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #776 on: May 23, 2019, 07:49:37 AM »
I'm on vacation now and I was wondering what reading material I'm going to bring, I've decided that this thread will be a good place to start.

Great plan.  Hit a couple of the gems in the archive section, and you'll be entertained for days.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #777 on: May 23, 2019, 07:51:42 AM »
Yea I might do that :lol

My opinion is that you put the carts in the corral, that's it. It's a pain in the ass to have them scattered and possibly taking up parking spaces. Now to see how this became an issue over the past 23 pages

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #778 on: May 23, 2019, 08:01:29 AM »
Yea I might do that :lol

My opinion is that you put the carts in the corral, that's it. It's a pain in the ass to have them scattered and possibly taking up parking spaces. Now to see how this became an issue over the past 23 pages

It's Tim against the world.  That's the issue. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #779 on: May 23, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #780 on: May 23, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
<Deleted, because probably a little too far off topic.  I'll stick to shopping carts and corrals. >

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #781 on: May 23, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »
Was it about Hillary? I bet it was about Hillary.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #782 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:37 AM »
I love you, but you are literally the only person I have ever heard with this point of view.

You're not following this thread close enough.  :rollin

:lol  Exactly.  Hef, you might want to talk to the majority of Northern Californians.  I can't speak to other areas, but here, MOST people are of the opinion that "it's a good idea, and I usually do it, but it's certainly not REQUIRED."  I guess, at the end of the day, it's nice that nowadays, most stores have multiple corrals so that it's usually (but not always) easier to put them in the corrals than not so that the few cart crusaders out there can keep their blood pressure under control. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #783 on: May 23, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »
I guess, at the end of the day, it's nice that nowadays, most stores have multiple corrals so that it's usually (but not always) easier to put them in the corrals than not so that the few cart crusaders out there can keep their blood pressure under control.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored :censored

:lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #784 on: May 23, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »

You're not following this thread close enough.  :rollin

:lol  Exactly.  Hef, you might want to talk to the majority of Northern Californians.  I can't speak to other areas, but here, MOST people are of the opinion that "it's a good idea, and I usually do it, but it's certainly not REQUIRED."  I guess, at the end of the day, it's nice that nowadays, most stores have multiple corrals so that it's usually (but not always) easier to put them in the corrals than not so that the few cart crusaders out there can keep their blood pressure under control.
To be fair, the attitude you are describing is not remotely the same as TAC "refusing to be their bitch".
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #785 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
Well, true.  But TAC is weird.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #786 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »

Truth. And we love him for it.  :lol

But if I am ever near shopping carts, and his 250k mileage vehicle, I am SURROUNDING it with carts. I mean, so many that he won't dare try to drive through em all.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #787 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »

But if I am ever near shopping carts, and his 250k mileage vehicle, I am SURROUNDING it with carts. I mean, so many that he won't dare try to drive through em all.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #788 on: May 23, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »
That's a very strange looking Kia Sedona.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: May 23, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »

Gonna be done. lol

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #790 on: May 23, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »
Interesting how your selective reasoning must be convenient.  I already explained why the corrals are there.  Of course it's their job, but management doesn't want their employees spending all their time in the parking lot.  Time is money.  I also said it's a safety liability as well.  How is that even remotely comparable to reviewing contracts?  Apples and oranges dude.

Err....  I get that having customers do some or all of the work of getting carts back to store is good for the stores, but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.  As far as it being "a safety liability," I suppose, but I'm fairly confident that the incidence of injury suffered by retail employees while retrieving carts is so low as not to be worth considering.

Looks like you're still seeing orange apples.  I suppose you can continue to argue whatever point you're trying to make, but the simplest concept still remains.  If someone lets you use their shopping cart, the least you can do is stick in their corral.  :p 
:lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #791 on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
Interesting how your selective reasoning must be convenient.  I already explained why the corrals are there.  Of course it's their job, but management doesn't want their employees spending all their time in the parking lot.  Time is money.  I also said it's a safety liability as well.  How is that even remotely comparable to reviewing contracts?  Apples and oranges dude.

Err....  I get that having customers do some or all of the work of getting carts back to store is good for the stores, but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.  As far as it being "a safety liability," I suppose, but I'm fairly confident that the incidence of injury suffered by retail employees while retrieving carts is so low as not to be worth considering.

Looks like you're still seeing orange apples.  I suppose you can continue to argue whatever point you're trying to make, but the simplest concept still remains.  If someone lets you use their shopping cart, the least you can do is stick in their corral.  :p 
:lol :rollin :lol

No, the least I can do is leave it in their parking lot in a location that will neither pose a reasonable risk of damage to others' cars or inhibit others from parking, which is exactly what I do.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: May 24, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
That sound like too much effort to walk that far to leave a cart somewhere it won't damage a car.  Might as well bring it to the corral.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #793 on: May 24, 2019, 12:31:40 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Those who take the extra 30 seconds to secure a cart in the corral are ensuring the cart will not do any damage to any vehicle.  Those who don't are willing to take the chance, no matter how small, that the cart might do some damage or cause an inconvenience to another shopper....all in the name of 30 seconds.  Regardless of any rationalization, you simply can't know that leaving a cart outside the corral won't have detrimental result. 
It isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things....but it is laziness....just own it.
JMHO.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: May 24, 2019, 12:55:54 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Those who take the extra 30 seconds to secure a cart in the corral are ensuring the cart will not do any damage to any vehicle.  Those who don't are willing to take the chance, no matter how small, that the cart might do some damage or cause an inconvenience to another shopper....all in the name of 30 seconds.  Regardless of any rationalization, you simply can't know that leaving a cart outside the corral won't have detrimental result. 
It isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things....but it is laziness....just own it.
JMHO.

I want to buy you a steak dinner.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #795 on: May 24, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »
JMHO.

I want to buy you a steak dinner.

LOL Thank you :)
But in full disclosure, I do not put the cart back in the corral more than half the time.  I am lazy, I admit it.
Its funny reading the gymnastics some go through to justify simple laziness.  Kind of pathetic actually.
But one hell of a read though....Thread of the year for sure.

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #796 on: May 24, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
... okay, it's a steak dinner, but we're going to Applebee's now.  :lol

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #797 on: May 24, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »
Ouch.  I don’t think I want a steak from Applebee’s.
I’ll just take a beer :)
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #798 on: May 24, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »
So I went to grocery outlet Wednesday. Did my shopping, loaded up my car, and decided to not put my cart back into a corral. I felt so edgy. I want to feel it again. I'm going to go walk on grass with a "Stay Off Grass" sign, jay walk, and let my dog pee in a spot with one of these on it:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #799 on: May 24, 2019, 01:38:08 PM »
Yeah! Stick it to the man, Jay!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #800 on: May 24, 2019, 02:15:45 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness. 

Oh, OK. thanks for clearing that up. That's your opinion. You can pass judgement all you want.

If you don't think those corrals are there because of everything you list in the first sentence of your post, I don't know what to tell you..

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #801 on: May 24, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »
This isn't about safety, profit margin, liability, or labor.  It is simply about personal responsibility and laziness. 

Oh, OK. thanks for clearing that up. That's your opinion. You can pass judgement all you want.

If you don't think those corrals are there because of everything you list in the first sentence of your post, I don't know what to tell you..

Well I did actually put "JMHO" in my actual post, so yes, it is my opinion.
And you may be right that the corrals might be there because of some of those reasons (and others).....but my point was about why you dont USE them, not why they were built.....so I don't know what to tell you I guess.....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:48:51 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline pg1067

« Reply #802 on: May 24, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
JMHO.

I disagree that it is laziness to do something I have zero obligation to do just because it will require minimal time and effort to do it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #803 on: May 24, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »

Well I did actually put "JMHO" in my actual post, so yes, it is my opinion.
And you may be right that the corrals might be there because of some of those reasons (and others).....but my point was about why you dont USE them, not why they were built.....so I don't know what to tell you I guess.....

I was too lazy to finish reading your post.  ;D I see it now.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #804 on: May 24, 2019, 04:29:17 PM »
JMHO.

I disagree that it is laziness to do something I have zero obligation to do just because it will require minimal time and effort to do it.

Speaking as a non-US person so I don't know if that applies to your country, guys, but still.

Well, technically, you also have zero obligation to hold the door for the folks behind you. The subway (or whatever place you're in) should hire a person to hold the doors for them. You don't have to do it, it's not on you to hold the fucking doors. You also have zero obligation to surrender your seat in a bus to a pregnant woman or an elderly person. The bus company should add more seats or hire an enforcer to make you leave that seat so they could sit, or to keep those seats unoccupied until such a person boards the bus. Why would you surrender your own seat? That's bullshit, it's not on you, they should plan that shit accordingly to the amount of people on that route (side note: they actually should).

Hilariously, in Russia, you also have zero obligation to clean after your dog when you're walking him/her in your neighbourhood, because hey, you've got cleaning folks for that. They're responsible for cleaning the nearby territory. It's their job. So there's basically shit everywhere, and while that might sound as a metaphor, and it actually works as a fucking metaphor too, it actually isn't that. There's literally fucking shit everywhere, come spring. Fuck me.

I just don't know. This thread pisses me off so much. And Tim, I still love you, no matter what you stance on the shopping carts is.

Edit: it's also a good way to tell I've been drinking—if you see me posting in this thread, I've been drinking.

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.