Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90311 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »
Never heard of that either, I've seen the coin insert as a hold until you return the cart in Germany before, but I've never seen anything else restrictive here in the states or anything with an alarm for the carts.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »
We have carts where if you wheel them out of the parking lot, one of the wheels locks up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »
We have those carts too, but it's usually as soon as you start pushing it through the store.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »
We have those carts too, but it's usually as soon as you start pushing it through the store.  :lol

:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: May 01, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
Went to Costco for lunch and noticed the corral.... now what?

This was blocking one way on the traffic and one car struggled pulling out cause of all the carts.  What's not seen in this picture is that to the right, the rest of the corral is empty, aka no one pushed the first carts in all the way so they couldn't fit and then it just got out of hand from there.  After lunch, there were two workers reorganizing it all.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #600 on: May 01, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
More importantly, how was lunch, and what'd you go with?   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: May 01, 2019, 12:25:42 PM »
A slice of pizza and Turkey sandwich which I'll eat the rest later, didn't realize that thing is like a brick. Usually go with a slice and dog  but wssnt feeling like eating a hot dog today.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #602 on: May 01, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »

This was blocking one way on the traffic and one car struggled pulling out cause of all the carts.  What's not seen in this picture is that to the right, the rest of the corral is empty, aka no one pushed the first carts in all the way so they couldn't fit and then it just got out of hand from there.  After lunch, there were two workers reorganizing it all.

That's bosk1 on the left. Laughing that evil Vader-esqe laugh of his.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: May 01, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
The left side of my body tingled and went numb after looking at that photo. I'm sure it's fine.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #604 on: May 01, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
Animals....just.....animals.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #605 on: May 01, 2019, 02:58:04 PM »

You guys must be so proud of yourselves now.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: May 01, 2019, 03:04:12 PM »
 :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #607 on: May 01, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »
Wasn't there a thread somewhere in here that was titled something like, "My hope for humanity v. Rekindled"?  Post that pic in there.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #608 on: May 01, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »

If folks would leave their carts in appropriate places, this kind of thing wouldn't happen!   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #609 on: May 01, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »

You guys must be so proud of yourselves now.

Store manager is not doing his job.  Should be on the front end manager for not having someone outside shagging carriages.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #610 on: May 01, 2019, 08:43:20 PM »
But there's not enough payroll.

Besides, we got a kid coming in at 3:00. He'll get them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: May 02, 2019, 03:49:29 AM »
Not good enough. You provide a service and it is poor.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: May 02, 2019, 06:36:59 AM »
Well they did have some people fixing it on our way out, but that was like 20 minutes later.  That parking lot is also really small for a costco so that overflow was blocking traffic and probably should have been dealt with quicker, although, the first people who started piling them in wrong to set this failure up are morons. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #613 on: May 02, 2019, 07:10:58 AM »
Not to be that guy, and I fully recognize that there's no easy answer to this, but we understand that this is because the first cart wasn't pushed in all the way.  Okay, mistakes happen, I get it.   But customer number two.  Can't push them a foot further?  Customer three? Four? Five?  How about the customer that put the cart in that you can see right below the stop sign.  You're really going to compound that mistake all the way halfway across the driving lane?   I know, I know "Not my job".  I kind of look at it like it's also "not my job to be a douche", and at some point in that picture, we can debate where, someone failed at their job.   

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: May 02, 2019, 07:20:28 AM »
Not to be that guy, and I fully recognize that there's no easy answer to this, but we understand that this is because the first cart wasn't pushed in all the way.  Okay, mistakes happen, I get it.   But customer number two.  Can't push them a foot further?  Customer three? Four? Five?  How about the customer that put the cart in that you can see right below the stop sign.  You're really going to compound that mistake all the way halfway across the driving lane?   I know, I know "Not my job".  I kind of look at it like it's also "not my job to be a douche", and at some point in that picture, we can debate where, someone failed at their job.

Takes literally seconds to push the cart in. Every single person who added to that line without fixing it is part of the problem and I hope they get a nail in their tire.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #615 on: May 02, 2019, 07:33:33 AM »
We are all lazy AF.  I personally push them in.   Again, no matter how lazy the customer is, that pile is on the store management.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #616 on: May 02, 2019, 07:37:23 AM »
I always line my cart into another - no matter how bad the shit is ahead of me.  If it's just one more cart that needs to be fixed to line everything up, I'll do that.  But I ain't spending a few minutes to make it all Tetris-like.

As we've established in many other threads, people are the worst.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #617 on: May 02, 2019, 08:40:00 AM »

Takes literally seconds to push the cart in. Every single person who added to that line without fixing it is part of the problem and I hope they get a nail in their tire.  :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #618 on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:10 AM »
I think I see an empty parking space next to the empty corral?  Oh wait...there's a cart in the parking space.  Instant Darwin award.  :\

Just once I wish I could catch someone doing that.  :loser:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: May 02, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »

Probably wouldn't take long if you parked near one at a costco

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: May 02, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »

Probably wouldn't take long if you parked near one at a NJ costco

FTFY
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #621 on: May 03, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
What about Walmart?  Odds are probably even better there.   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2019, 10:08:40 AM »
We are all lazy AF.  I personally push them in.   Again, no matter how lazy the customer is, that pile is on the store management.

I have one person. They can either;
A. Get the carriages, or
B. Ring your order in the first place.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »
That's bullshit.   Cashier can ring out and bag.  Bagger can shag carriages.   I worked for a grocery store and was a front end man.  We set a schedule for baggers to go out in the yard.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2019, 10:44:22 AM »
I've said this before so I apologize for repeating myself but I have not shopped at a grocery store (not counting Costco, which I don't consider a grocery store anyway) that had a dedicated 'bagger' position. Do stores still exist that employ people specifically to bag groceries?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
True, been a loooong time since I've seen dedicated baggers, in fact the dedicated register workers are fading away too for self check out.  The walmart over here has more self check out than human check outs now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »
That's bullshit.   Cashier can ring out and bag.  Bagger can shag carriages.   I worked for a grocery store and was a front end man.  We set a schedule for baggers to go out in the yard.

How long ago was that? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #627 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:45 AM »
I hate checking out my own groceries when I could be checking out the milfs ahead of me in the line

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: May 03, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »

How long ago was that? :lol

A long time! :lol

I understand budget but a manager has people to do that.  Make a supervisor bag and send out the bagger.

It is a lot easier when the school kids come to work or the weekends but managers can and should do a better job with a simple task.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #629 on: May 03, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »
I've said this before so I apologize for repeating myself but I have not shopped at a grocery store (not counting Costco, which I don't consider a grocery store anyway) that had a dedicated 'bagger' position. Do stores still exist that employ people specifically to bag groceries?

Well, in California, back in 2016, a proposition was passed where grocery stores cannot use plastic bags anymore.  Either grocery stores will provide reusable bags for ten cents a bag or people have to bring their own bags to carry groceries.  There's pros and cons regarding that ruling.  So at this point, I imagine that stores in California does not have any people employed to bag groceries and if people do want those 10 cent bags, I imagine the cashier will bag them.  I don't know.