Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 90247 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2018, 06:36:20 PM »
WTF is Paperboy??

Does kingshmegland have to smack a bitch?!

TAC is in many ways like the brother I never had (well, second brother, since I do have one), but still.. is there a thread here that doesn't have one TAC post that says "WTF is _______"?   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #526 on: September 10, 2018, 06:40:37 PM »
 :lol

Seriously, I have never heard of it. In the early to early mid 80's I spent time in every hockey rink arcade room in the eastern half of Massachusetts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: September 10, 2018, 06:42:45 PM »
:lol

Seriously, I have never heard of it. In the early to early mid 80's I spent time in every hockey rink arcade room in the eastern half of Massachusetts.

(Shhh, for me it was the local bowling alley, but to be honest, I've never heard of it either...)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
I don't like boy bands Tim but I've at least heard of them and know a little bit about them.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #529 on: September 10, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »
I don't like boy bands Tim but I've at least heard of them and know a little bit about them.  Lol

I've heard of boy bands too.

Love this one in particular.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »
Boy band. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #531 on: September 10, 2018, 07:12:27 PM »
I have their album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #532 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
Saw their first tour.

They did a three afternoon stand at the Busy Bee Daycare in Providence.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »
Saw their first tour.

You pissed your pa... um, I mean diaper.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2018, 07:29:11 PM »
Saw their first tour.

You pissed your pa... um, I mean diaper.

Oh, it was crazy. Put down 6 bottles of formula before the show.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
Talls. AMIRITE?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #536 on: September 10, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2018, 08:02:00 PM »
Nice..and

Yup, Stadler was there too!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2018, 09:15:22 AM »
I had Paperboy on the Super Nintendo. That was a damn fun game. I always hated that little... what was it, like a ghost/tornado/something that made a fuzzy noise when it appeared and chased after you.

Also it was from the era when video games had artwork that was not at all like what was in the game. Photo of some psyched up kid with an armful of newspapers. lol

Also also if I played that shopping cart game I'd probably throw my controller through the window.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »
Not sure about the Nintendo version.  But what you are saying rings a bell.  As I recall from the arcade version, I think it was a swarm of bees, if I remember correctly.  I think it came out if you took too long to deliver your papers.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »
That makes sense. I had it when I was 4 or 5 and was obviously bad at the game  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: October 17, 2018, 10:01:33 AM »
I have a copy of the NES version, but I've never played. I should dust it off and give it a whirl some time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2019, 07:14:14 PM »

Tim fighting the fact that assholes don't put a carriage back in the corral?

AMIRITE?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »
Nope. Just saw the article and thought of this thread.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: February 18, 2019, 07:25:36 PM »
Man you suck at comedy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #547 on: February 18, 2019, 07:35:24 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: February 18, 2019, 07:37:35 PM »
Lol. Improvise dammit!!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: February 18, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
RACK EM UP!!  :corn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #550 on: February 18, 2019, 07:40:16 PM »
I know just who to call!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #551 on: February 18, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »
#10 is pretty annoying. As someone who used to work in retail, it is very annoying to have to put things back where they belong. Even nowadays while shopping I still find myself putting things back where they belong  :-X
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #552 on: February 18, 2019, 08:47:57 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/13-rude-things-you-need-to-stop-doing-at-the-grocery-store/ss-BBTBKSU?li=BBnb7Kz

Gee, I wonder what #1 is...

"Leaving your cart in the parking lot rather than walking it back to the cart return station is not just lazy. It's downright annoying for anyone who thinks they're about to pull into a parking spot only to discover there's an empty shopping cart in the way."

Well, sure, if you leave your cart in a place that requires someone else to move it in order to park, you're an asshole.  But it is possible -- I'd say easy -- to leave it in a place that doesn't impede anyone else from doing anything.

I like how #13 on the list of "rude things you need to stop doing" is essentially "other."  That's just lazy writing.

Also a comment on #12 -- eating stuff you intend to buy.  I've never done this personally, but when my son was a baby/toddler, I would regularly grab a small carton of goldfish for him to eat while at the grocery store/Target.  It was about the only way to keep him chill while shopping and giving my wife a break.  No one -- whether store employee or otherwise -- seemed to have a problem with it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #553 on: February 18, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »
I like how #13 on the list of "rude things you need to stop doing" is essentially "other."  That's just lazy writing.

:lol I know, right.

Also a comment on #12 -- eating stuff you intend to buy.  I've never done this personally, but when my son was a baby/toddler, I would regularly grab a small carton of goldfish for him to eat while at the grocery store/Target.  It was about the only way to keep him chill while shopping and giving my wife a break.  No one -- whether store employee or otherwise -- seemed to have a problem with it.

I've never had an issue with it. You usually know when it's legit.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2019, 06:59:35 AM »
I don't think the issue is with the "open bag of goldfish" that later gets scanned; been there, done that.   I think the issue is for something like grapes where it's a consumable by weight.   "It's only one grape!" is fine for YOU, but not for the 100,000 customers that come through yearly, each taking a grape or two because, well, "it's only one grape!". 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2019, 07:28:04 AM »
I know just who to call!

I would have gone in a different direction..

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »
...when my son was a baby/toddler, I would regularly grab a small carton of goldfish for him to eat while at the grocery store/Target.  It was about the only way to keep him chill while shopping and giving my wife a break. 

Fred Meyer stores have a small bin of fruit (bananas, oranges, etc...) available for any shopper to grab from at no charge to give their kids if they get hungry (and thus potentially fussy) while shopping. It's brilliant.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #558 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »
I don't think the issue is with the "open bag of goldfish" that later gets scanned; been there, done that.   I think the issue is for something like grapes where it's a consumable by weight.   "It's only one grape!" is fine for YOU, but not for the 100,000 customers that come through yearly, each taking a grape or two because, well, "it's only one grape!".

Yeah...that's a completely different story.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: February 19, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
Using this example, since grapes are purchased by weight, if a bag has a handful of grapes plucked from it, it will cost less for the consumer who ends up buying it. They may get less by volume, but they will pay the per weight price accordingly. They aren't getting cheated.

My issue is people putting their grubby hands in a bag of food I will potentially eat from.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'