Author Topic: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?  (Read 7112 times)

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2018, 02:56:42 PM »
That's because I don't want my cart to ding someone's car like it's happened to me 5 times in my life.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Shopping Cart Apologist
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2018, 02:57:46 PM »
In the continuing explanation of "it depends," here is another situation I encountered today:  Wife wanted me to meet her at a discount place where she had bought a number of items.  I came and loaded them into the car, and was then left with what to do with the empty cart.  This store does not have clerks to retrieve them.  It has no corrals.  It also had a sloped parking lot with no "safe" place to leave carts where they would not roll.  So I took it back inside the store.  The lack of staff to retrieve them and lack of corral outside would have led me to do that anyway.  But the lack of ANYWHERE "safe" to leave them outside the store doubly made that the best choice.  Again, it depends.  This situation is a far cry from the typical Costco run.

I'm calling BS on this one only because where you live is too flat to have any slopes...at all...anywhere...

:lol  You must have forgotten where I live then.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
You should've put it back there regardless of whether or not they had staff to do it, because you're already there and closer to the corral than the employee and by god that cart could have gone rogue between the time you left it there and whenever the employees get to it.

*goes back to stewing miserably in the corner*  :lol :2metal:
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
In the continuing explanation of "it depends," here is another situation I encountered today:  Wife wanted me to meet her at a discount place where she had bought a number of items.  I came and loaded them into the car, and was then left with what to do with the empty cart.  This store does not have clerks to retrieve them.  It has no corrals.  It also had a sloped parking lot with no "safe" place to leave carts where they would not roll.  So I took it back inside the store.  The lack of staff to retrieve them and lack of corral outside would have led me to do that anyway.  But the lack of ANYWHERE "safe" to leave them outside the store doubly made that the best choice.  Again, it depends.  This situation is a far cry from the typical Costco run.

I'm calling BS on this one only because where you live is too flat to have any slopes...at all...anywhere...

Actually I don't know specifically what part you live, but damn is Sac flat man.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »

Actually I don't know specifically what part you live, but damn is Sac flat man.

Yes, but I live in the foothills. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »
With his cornpipe, rocking chair and a shotgun.  AMIRITE? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »
No pipe.  But otherwise...let's just say you didn't miss the mark by much.  :lol

NOW SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »
 :lol

king = Ned Beatty.   :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2018, 06:31:23 PM »
Hi Tim.  Look at how far away the corral is.  Any kids outside to take my carriage? Nope.

So I walked my cart over and put it in the corral because of management's incompetence to staff correctly.  So I wanted to do the right thing.

IT'S YOUR FAULT TIM THAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO DO THIS!! :lol :lol :lol

it's like the flight attendant always says: "And keep in mind, your nearest exit corral may be behind you."

Haha.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Busy day at the grocery! :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #395 on: May 29, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »
No pipe.  But otherwise...let's just say you didn't miss the mark by much.  :lol

NOW SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!

Sacramento is the Midwest of California.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of