News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?

Started by The Walrus, November 03, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

Mike liked shopping in different grocery stores,  the same grocery store didnt excite him anymore, he knew where the taco seasoning was.

He wanted to take a 5 year break making tacos and focus on quesadillas and burritos,  and Mexican bowls.

Mike wanted Mexican variety. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Herrick

Quote from: TAC on December 09, 2019, 07:27:46 PM
Quote from: Herrick on December 09, 2019, 07:20:23 PM
I think the people who simply don't care will continue to leave their carts where ever they want as long as there are no real repercussions for doing so.

:lol

Repercussions? :lol

Will I have my shopping cart license revoked?

I was actually going to make a disclaimer that I wasn't talking about you but I couldn't quite figure out what to write.
DISPLAY thy breasts, my Julia!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

The Walrus

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on December 11, 2019, 06:34:40 AM
Jesus Christ this thread.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. Tis the season. You're welcome!  :biggrin:

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

H2

This is probably going to be disagreeable, but I don't think 'putting the shopping cart away' is the best litmus test for whether someone is a good person. Plenty of bad people put the cart away. In a similar vein, I don't think one's degree of politeness tracks whether they are a good person. To be fair, putting the cart away is a norm of courtesy, not a norm of politeness, per se. But anyway, there are plenty of polite, manipulative, bad people, and there are plenty of gruff, to-the-point, border-line rude great people.

Dublagent66

vtgrad

Hail Mary full of Grace... help Tim put the carts back in their place.

King Postwhore

Nail Tim to a cart and nail a cabbage to his head. Parade him around the parking lot.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Samsara

Growing up Catholic, you hear you'll go to hell for a lot less than not putting the carts in the corral. So I should just accept my fate, and leave them out. But the years I spent getting those fucking things from the parking lot in the middle of fucking snowstorms, bitching at you asses who don't put them away, has got me firmly in the "put the fucking carts in the corral" camp.

See y'all in hell though. You get there before me, make sure there is a shopping cart loaded with beer, and good music playing. Hear that Tim? GOOD music playing. Like Winger.

The Walrus

Quote from: Samsara on December 11, 2019, 09:34:58 AM
Growing up Catholic, you hear you'll go to hell for a lot less than not putting the carts in the corral. So I should just accept my fate, and leave them out. But the years I spent getting those fucking things from the parking lot in the middle of fucking snowstorms, bitching at you asses who don't put them away, has got me firmly in the "put the fucking carts in the corral" camp.

Word.

Quote from: Samsara on December 11, 2019, 09:34:58 AMSee y'all in hell though. You get there before me, make sure there is a shopping cart loaded with beer, and good music playing.

Say word, son.

Quote from: Samsara on December 11, 2019, 09:34:58 AMHear that Tim? GOOD music playing. Like Winger.

TAC

See y'all in hell though. You get there before me, make sure there is a shopping cart loaded with beer, and good music playing. Hear that Tim? GOOD music playing. Like Winger.

Yup..pretty much sounds like Hell to me. :lol

King Postwhore

pg1067

GOOD music playing. Like Winger.

What is "words that have never been written in the same sentence?"!

Samsara

:rollin

Boss rolled into my office (unfortunately not in a shopping cart) asking what the fuck was I just laughing about (apparently the hallway was amused). So I asked her if she puts the carts in the corral. She said she did, because she doesn't want the damn carts denting her car. Boss is a keeper. Might have to up the level of the Xmas present this year.

PG - Don't deny it. You have a Winger shirt and secretly love Stuart.

cramx3

TAC

I'm literally heading to the grocery store right now. Will report my findings later.

Samsara

Quote from: TAC on December 11, 2019, 09:46:59 AM
I'm literally heading to the grocery store right now. Will report my findings later.

Put the fucking cart in the corral you heartless bastard!  :lol

p.s. don't forget the beer.

cramx3

Quote from: TAC on December 11, 2019, 09:46:59 AM

The findings? AKA your path of destruction left behind  :lol

The Walrus

I think this is the best thread on the forum. No exaggeration.  :lol

pg1067

Quote from: Samsara on December 11, 2019, 09:43:38 AM
PG - Don't deny it. You have a Winger shirt and secretly love Stuart.

:P

Seriously...who?

Stadler

That last pic is Stuart Scott, ESPN, RIP. 

Decent guy; our kids went to the same school for about 12 minutes there.

TAC

Quote from: Stadler on December 11, 2019, 10:41:42 AM
That last pic is Stuart Scott, ESPN, RIP. 

Decent guy; our kids went to the same school for about 12 minutes there.

You literally cannot get through the foreword of his book without balling your eyes out.

His book is amazing.

King Postwhore

Tim, I'll assume you bought the book.  You would never go to the library.   You hate returning everything. 

TAC

Quote from: kingshmegland on December 11, 2019, 11:07:13 AM
Tim, I'll assume you bought the book.  You would never go to the library.   You hate returning everything.

Hah. But I hate buying a book I can read for free more.

I did drop it in the slot though.

The Walrus

Isn't this where Chad comes in with a Mrs. TAC joke?

King Postwhore

TAC

Quote from: Kattelox on December 11, 2019, 11:13:34 AM

I saw what I wrote, pondered it, and said what the hell! :lol

TAC

X

....marks the spot!

Oh, and fuck that giant red bag full of reusable bags.

Adami

How far away was the corral?

If it's like 2 parking spaces away, do you avoid it on principle?
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

jingle.boy

Quote from: Kattelox on December 11, 2019, 11:13:34 AM

I'm above that.

So is Mrs. TAC  :neverusethis:
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

pg1067