News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Do you put the shopping carts back in the corral?

Started by The Walrus, November 03, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stadler

I'm most definitely a launcher.  There are limits, of course; if there are 40 neat carts I'm not going to be that guy, but likewise, if there 40 chaotically good carts in the corral, I feel no need to be Elric of Melnibone.

cramx3

Quote from: pg1067 on June 28, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
Isn't "launching" (chaotic good) simply one way of "returning" (neutral good)?  And, if so, wouldn't a person who "launches" be both neutral good and chaotic good?  Is that even possible?

I think there is some overlap here such as when the corral is empty, where a launch isnt going to be any different than just gently putting it in the corral.

I do enjoy a good launch from time to time.

Samsara

I'm with Stads. If the carts are neatly in the corral, I follow suit. If they aren't, its time to crash and burn!  :rollin

JayOctavarium

So...

What are you guys' feelings regarding people who TAKE shopping carts off property and NEVER return them to the corral?

Monsters or Heroes?

cramx3

They don't bother me since they aren't in my way

TAC

Quote from: JayOctavarium on June 28, 2019, 12:23:34 PM
So...

What are you guys' feelings regarding people who TAKE shopping carts off property and NEVER return them to the corral?

Monsters or Heroes?

Neither. They're thieves.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Dublagent66

Quote from: cramx3 on June 28, 2019, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: pg1067 on June 28, 2019, 11:03:36 AM
Isn't "launching" (chaotic good) simply one way of "returning" (neutral good)?  And, if so, wouldn't a person who "launches" be both neutral good and chaotic good?  Is that even possible?

I think there is some overlap here such as when the corral is empty, where a launch isnt going to be any different than just gently putting it in the corral.

I do enjoy a good launch from time to time.

The only time I launch is when I'm pissed because I see that someone else's time was too precious to even be a launcher.  :lol
No but seriously, I try not to do anything that will damage the cart or corral.

So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Well, I usually don't think about it too much because out of sight out of mind right?  But it is still a concern because of potential price increases inside the store.

Quote from: TAC on June 28, 2019, 12:29:35 PM
So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Yeah, that too.

jingle.boy

So...

Monsters or Heroes?

If they put it at the bottom of TAC's or Bosk's driveway, the latter.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Samsara

Thieves!!!!

But I applaud leaving them in front of TAC and bosk1's respective homes.  :lol

pg1067

Quote from: TAC on June 28, 2019, 12:29:35 PM
So...

Monsters or Heroes?

Yup.

And I guess I dodged some bullets!

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Cool Chris

Man what high-falutin store is that to give their carts that kind of shelter?

Herrick

Quote from: Stadler on June 28, 2019, 11:38:27 AM
I'm most definitely a launcher.  There are limits, of course; if there are 40 neat carts I'm not going to be that guy, but likewise, if there 40 chaotically good carts in the corral, I feel no need to be Elric of Melnibone.

I just started reading the Elric stories. Without giving anything away, what do you mean by this?
DISPLAY thy breasts, my Julia!

Podaar

Quote from: Herrick on June 28, 2019, 09:17:06 PM

I just started reading the Elric stories. Without giving anything away, what do you mean by this?

That's a hard one to not spoil, Herrick. I'll attempt it.

In Moorcock's universe the two warring forces are Law and Chaos (rather than good and evil). Elric often finds himself sympathetic to the cause of Law and even attempts to further their goals on several occasions, but he can't resist his nature and always ends up bringing about more Chaos. Usually in a big way.

Anymore than that would probably spoil the stories.

Enjoy the books. They're fantastic!

Stadler

Quote from: Podaar on June 29, 2019, 05:05:03 AM

In Moorcock's universe the two warring forces are Law and Chaos (rather than good and evil). Elric often finds himself sympathetic to the cause of Law and even attempts to further their goals on several occasions, but he can't resist his nature and always ends up bringing about more Chaos. Usually in a big way.

Wow, dude, you did a great job with that.  I've been stewing on how to answer that for a while now, and you nailed it.   (I would only add that the patron of the line of lords of Melniboné is Arioch, a god of Chaos, making it more complicated.  He can call on Arioch to help him but he has great reservations about that. I'll leave it to you to find out more.)

I was lucky enough to have posted on a Michael Moorcock forum for a while; I wasn't a huge fan of the mod (he used that old-school "I'm the overlord here, it's my way or the highway!" mod style which is great for children, not so much for adults looking to talk sensibly about serious subjects), but Mr. Moorcock (I call him that out of respect, which I have an abundance of for him) himself posted frequently, and expansively.  I'm proud to say we had some very engaging conversations; at one point he asked for my address, and on more than one occasion, I would get an envelope in the mail with additional reading material related to our conversation. The forum shut down for a while due to Mr. Moorcock's health, but I understand he's doing well (or at least better) but the forum has not returned. 

Herrick

Quote from: Stadler on June 30, 2019, 10:34:10 AM

Wow, dude, you did a great job with that.  I've been stewing on how to answer that for a while now, and you nailed it.   (I would only add that the patron of the line of lords of Melniboné is Arioch, a god of Chaos, making it more complicated.  He can call on Arioch to help him but he has great reservations about that. I'll leave it to you to find out more.)

I was lucky enough to have posted on a Michael Moorcock forum for a while; I wasn't a huge fan of the mod (he used that old-school "I'm the overlord here, it's my way or the highway!" mod style which is great for children, not so much for adults looking to talk sensibly about serious subjects), but Mr. Moorcock (I call him that out of respect, which I have an abundance of for him) himself posted frequently, and expansively.  I'm proud to say we had some very engaging conversations; at one point he asked for my address, and on more than one occasion, I would get an envelope in the mail with additional reading material related to our conversation. The forum shut down for a while due to Mr. Moorcock's health, but I understand he's doing well (or at least better) but the forum has not returned.

I see...I think! I'm reading Stormbringer right now. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. Let us continue the battle against the Shopping Cart Defilers.
DISPLAY thy breasts, my Julia!

The Walrus

Went grocery shopping a few hours ago. Saw so many carts stacked up neatly in the corrals, it was wonderful, believe me, tremendous, you should've seen it and you know, lots of carts, so many carts, I always say - unbelievable.

jingle.boy

Nobody puts carts away as good as you do!  I believe it!!!
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

Quote from: jingle.boy on June 30, 2019, 02:14:32 PM

See, there's my Canadian friend! My Canadian friend! He believes in me! And they say, he hates Canadians, but I love, I tell them, they have the best Shopping carts! You put Money into them, and just like that, no more Bad Bums!

Adami

Are you trying to summon Stadler? Easier to just say his name three times.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

TAC

Quote from: Kattelox on June 30, 2019, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on June 30, 2019, 02:14:32 PM

See, there's my Canadian friend! My Canadian friend! He believes in me! And they say, he hates Canadians, but I love, I tell them, they have the best Shopping carts! You put Money into them, and just like that, no more Bad Bums!

I think it's code for..it takes a dork to know a dork.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Adami on June 30, 2019, 02:26:50 PM

Those that don't put the carts away probably stay in the left lane when they aren't passing anyone, and belong in a basket of deplorables

Adami

Quote from: jingle.boy on June 30, 2019, 02:50:15 PM

Those that don't put the carts away probably stay in the left lane when they aren't passing anyone, and belong in a basket of deplorables

So you're saying......radical lefties?
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

You said the secret word!!!

Stadler

Quote from: Herrick on June 30, 2019, 01:32:28 PM
Quote from: Stadler on June 30, 2019, 10:34:10 AM

I see...I think! I'm reading Stormbringer right now. Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. Let us continue the battle against the Shopping Cart Defilers.

Start another thread, though, if you like.  I'm all in to talk Elric for someone.  It's got a special place in my heart and it's rare to find people interested (or who have even HEARD of him, other than in the bastardizations and plagarizations that have happened over the years.  David Coverdale claims to not have heard of "Stormbringer" before offering the name to Deep Purple for their second album with him.   I call a resounding BILLSHOT! on that.  It's like an American claiming to not have heard of... I don't know...  maybe not Stephen King, but that next tier of writer.)

Stadler

Quote from: Kattelox on June 30, 2019, 03:57:48 PM

You said the secret word!!!

Hi, I'm here!   :) :) :)

Dublagent66

TAC

Stocked up the timeshare for this year's TACation with two carriages full.

Guess which two carriages in this picture are mine?

California parking lots attendants beware. You will be working this week!

pg1067

Quote from: TAC on August 12, 2019, 04:44:36 PM

We welcome you and your sane outlook on this issue with open arms!

cramx3

Quote from: pg1067 on August 12, 2019, 04:51:20 PM
Quote from: TAC on August 12, 2019, 04:44:36 PM

We welcome you and your sane outlook on this issue with open arms!

It'll certainly take a pair of open arms to clean up his mess  :lol

King Postwhore

The Walrus

I am in such a foul mood right now and seeing that picture just made my heart rate increase a little more  :lol