Author Topic: your opinion about Colin Kaepernick. You sign him or not?  (Read 3399 times)

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
your opinion about Colin Kaepernick. You sign him or not?
« on: October 27, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
I don't understand why he is unemployed.  He had a pretty good year with the niners last year.  I'm sure he could help a few teams struggling with QB out of the line up or just not doing the job.  I can't believe he is ignored because he started first the knee down movement.  Many have done it since.  What do you think?
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: your opinion about Colin Kaepernick. You sign him or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »
I don't understand why he is unemployed. 

He's not good enough to be worth the distraction. That was true six months ago, and it has multiplied by about 10 since.  Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »
I find it odd as well. Yet they keep guys that have done worse.

Id say why not.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »

He's not good enough to be worth the distraction. That was true six months ago, and it has multiplied by about 10 since.  Pretty simple, if you ask me.
ok, really that bad?  Maybe you're right. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:50 PM »
I find it odd as well. Yet they keep guys that have done worse.

None of those guys are controversial, divisive or any kind of media distraction.  The last thing an NFL team wants is their backup QB getting a lot of attention.  Even though it was for very different reasons, it's why Tebow couldn't get a job after a while.  The media talked about him too much, and he wasn't good enough to be worth the distraction.

ok, really that bad?  Maybe you're right.

Also consider that the Ravens were apparently going to make him an offer back in August, but then Kaepernick's girlfriend (who is a BLM activist) tweeted a picture comparing Ray Lewis (a Ravens legend) and the Ravens owner to an Uncle Tom and a slaveowner. 

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 07:22:31 AM »
Still, just had a look on Kaepernick's stats of last season.  Pretty decent ones to me. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »
Kev nailed it. No one is saying he is not good enough for the NFL. He's simply not good enough for all that comes with him.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »
Yup Kev is spot on especially with the Tebow comparison. Tim is much better than he vast majority of backup QBs in the league right now, heck he’s better than a couple starters but he’s playing baseball because no NFL team wants that much media and distraction around a backup. You tolerate that crap for a stud, but not a back up.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
He isn’t unemployed because of his protesting. He’s unemployed because he’s not that good of a QB. If a team feels that he can make them better, then he’ll get signed. Hell, if Michael Vick got a job after what HE did, then there’s a place in the league for Colin.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
He isn’t unemployed because of his protesting. He’s unemployed because he’s not that good of a QB. If a team feels that he can make them better, then he’ll get signed. 

That's not true.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »
I'm sure that he would have a spot on a team if his protests were not as polarizing like Kev said.  I'm not saying a starter though I think he could start over some QB's on bad teams.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
The league is first and foremost a business. If the owners thought that they could get more people to watch by showing someone eating a steaming pile of dog shit between plays then they'd do it. The ratings and attendance are the only thing that trump (no pun intended) putting a winning team on the field in the majority of the owners eyes. Whether any of us on this forum agree with the politics behind it, a great number of the fanbase are taking issue with the kneeling in protest.

Personally, I'm happy to see the players doing it, but I appear to be in the minority, and when people choose not to tune into the games then they are forcing the league and it's advertisers into a corner.

This particular player is deeply tied to this in the entire public's mind. I hope that he truly took on this protest with great conviction, because unless there is a massive shift in the thinking of the general public (greatly unlikely) then his career is almost certainly at an end.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »

Totally this. He’s certainly capable but nowhere near good enough to make up for the negative circus he’d bring to a team. No ones fault but his own.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »

Totally this. He’s certainly capable but nowhere near good enough to make up for the negative circus he’d bring to a team. No ones fault but his own.

This is a very good point. Here’s hoping Sons of Apollo turns him around.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
:lol at the idea that he's not on a roster solely due to his on-the-field skills. His numbers were pretty solid last year for a not very good 49ers team. I fully support both his right to protest and what he's protesting. That said, I didn't want the Jets to sign him just because, fair or not, he's going to be a distraction and I think it would be detrimental to a young team that is far more than just a QB away from seriously contending. I do think he should have been signed by a team that is a contender but with a QB issue (either do to roster or injury).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
I support his right to protest. Just not while he's "on the job". Would a restaurant owner hire a waiter that he knew would politically divide his patrons, even though he could serve really well?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »
I support his right to protest. Just not while he's "on the job". Would a restaurant owner hire a waiter that he knew would politically divide his patrons, even though he could serve really well?

Agreed.  I support their right to protest as well, but on their own time. If your employer doesn't want you protesting on "their" time, you don't. Or suffer the consequences.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
I would wholeheartedly agree with you guys if he was doing anything during the actual game. The anthem, not so much. If kneeling for the anthem is an act of political speech, then so is standing for it, and I have no problem with him choosing not to be forced to participate in political speech that takes place before what he's paid to do, which is play football.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
The anthem is still company time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »
I would wholeheartedly agree with you guys if he was doing anything during the actual game. The anthem, not so much. If kneeling for the anthem is an act of political speech, then so is standing for it, and I have no problem with him choosing not to be forced to participate in political speech that takes place before what he's paid to do, which is play football.

Standing is not political. Standing is your corporate protocol. He's in uniform. He's on the clock the minute he arrives at the stadium. Like I said using the waiter analogy, if he was on break, or walking into work and spread his views, that is still unacceptable.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »
Agree to disagree re: political speech. One could see standing for the anthem as an implicit endorsement of the current state of affairs in the country, and I just don't think you can/should be able to force someone to do that. The same way there was a kid in my homeroom sophomore year of high school who refused to stand for the anthem (him because of a combination of the fact that he wasn't a US citizen and he liked being contrarian). As much as it pissed off the homeroom teacher, first time I ever heard someone threaten to "rip of your head and shit down your neck" :lol, the school wouldn't force him to stand.

Agreed it is technically company time. At the same time, the team is paying him to play football and I don't view anything that technically counts as company time but doesn't impact his ability to play football as quite the same. Like I said, if it was a game (or even practice or meetings/film sessions) I would have an issue with it. I'm having a hard time coming up with a corresponding example for the waiter analogy, but if there was a part of the waiter's job that didn't impact waiting on customers or the customer service experience I wouldn't place the same importance on it. If someone worked at one of those historical re-enactment places and there was a rule about staying in character at all times, I wouldn't care nearly as much about someone breaking character in the breakroom with no customers around than out in the park.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »
Eh, I will put it this way: 

I am an Account Manager.  I am paid to manage accounts.  What if I am caught up on my work, and when walking around the office for five minutes chit-chatting, I decide to do some type of protest, while my boss has a new customer in to see the place (which does happen), and this new customer can see me protesting?  That would not be okay, especially if that new customer was turned off by it and decided to not give us his/her business because of it. Just because I am not doing at that time what I am paid to do, manage accounts, does not mean I am not on company time.  If I told my boss, "Yeah, but I was not doing at that time what you pay me to do, so it was "my" time," he would laugh at me, and I would get either a stern warning, suspended or fired.  And I would deserve it. 

These NFL players, getting paid millions of dollars to play football, need to get over themselves.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
Agree to disagree re: political speech. One could see standing for the anthem as an implicit endorsement of the current state of affairs in the country, 

I guess.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 08:05:15 AM »
Agree to disagree re: political speech. One could see standing for the anthem as an implicit endorsement of the current state of affairs in the country, and I just don't think you can/should be able to force someone to do that. The same way there was a kid in my homeroom sophomore year of high school who refused to stand for the anthem (him because of a combination of the fact that he wasn't a US citizen and he liked being contrarian). As much as it pissed off the homeroom teacher, first time I ever heard someone threaten to "rip of your head and shit down your neck" :lol, the school wouldn't force him to stand.

Agreed it is technically company time. At the same time, the team is paying him to play football and I don't view anything that technically counts as company time but doesn't impact his ability to play football as quite the same. Like I said, if it was a game (or even practice or meetings/film sessions) I would have an issue with it. I'm having a hard time coming up with a corresponding example for the waiter analogy, but if there was a part of the waiter's job that didn't impact waiting on customers or the customer service experience I wouldn't place the same importance on it. If someone worked at one of those historical re-enactment places and there was a rule about staying in character at all times, I wouldn't care nearly as much about someone breaking character in the breakroom with no customers around than out in the park.

"Free speech" doesn't mean you get to say or do whatever you want when you want.  I guarantee you that if I used company time - be it office time, meeting time, travel time, or the company picnic - to air my political views, no matter how controversial or not, I'm going to face consequences.

He's facing the consequences.   This is all on him.

Having said that, I'm not sure it's ALL controversy.  He's not what I would consider a back up QB.  You do NOT want a backup that comes in and tries to play his style, that is to say, demands a lot of your offensive line, demands a lot of your receivers, and doesn't play "system football" very well.  Backups are of a breed:  they are system QBs.  They fall into the system that the starter has when the starter goes down.  This is (partly) why New England didn't even consider for a moment keeping Brissett and letting Garappolo go.  This is (partly) why Matt Moore has spent 12 years in the NFL.  Why Charlie Batch played into his late 30's.   Why Vinnie Testaverde played until he was 61. 

For what it's worth, I don't think Tebow is a backup guy either, and again, that's not all controversy.   

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »
I don't really get the posts saying his performance last year was good.  It wasn't.  For a player this long in the league, he should be better.  He regressed and proved himself a fluke.  And numbers aside, watching him in a game, it is pretty clear that even after all this time in the league, he still doesn't understand plenty of situational basics.  If a QB doesn't understand the play that is called and doesn't run the play the right way, but lucks into finding an open receiver who breaks a tackle for a 20 yard pickup, the QB's numbers are going to look good.  But he's still going to get yanked by the coach.  After his second season, once teams figured him out, he grossly underperformed.  Anyone watching the team could tell you that.  And, as Stadler points out, it is a MAJOR issue that he isn't a "system" guy.  But going back to the time he was successful, another strike against him is that even during that time, a lot of fans as well as people around the league started really being put off by his surly attitude.  Not sure if that was something Harbaugh taught him that he latched onto, or if that was him (he really didn't seem to be that way in his first year, and seemed pretty likeable).  But he started to alienate a lot of people long before his protests.  You put those two factors together, and I think he is automatically going to have a HUGE hill to climb in terms of getting signed.  Add in the major distraction he has become, as Kev pointed out, and I can certainly understand him not getting signed. 

As someone once said in a job recruiting seminar that I went to:  "When you are interviewing for a job, the boss wants to know two things:  (1) can you do the job?  And (2) are you going to screw up the boss's day and make him/her have to devote attention to you that he/she would much rather spend doing his/her own job?  If you want to get hired, the answers better be 'yes' and 'no,' or there will be a better candidate every time."  There's a lot of truth to that.  Kaepernick doesn't do the job all that well.  And he requires too much of the boss's attention.  I would pass on that candidate every time, even if there wasn't a better candidate available.  Better to have a vacancy than make a bad hire and have to deal with cleaning up the mess that that creates.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »
He isn’t unemployed because of his protesting. He’s unemployed because he’s not that good of a QB. If a team feels that he can make them better, then he’ll get signed. 

That's not true.

Agreed.  Even if he was an excellent QB, it still wouldn't be worth it.  He has no leadership qualities.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline red barchetta

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Most of you agree on the fact that Kaepernick has been controversial.  Maybe I'm not aware of all the story behind that but aren't many players now doing some kind of controversial attitude by not standing up during the national anthem.  Down on their knees and last year Kaepernick with his wrist up in the air.  Kaepernick against police brutality towards the black people and this year players and owners kneeing because they don't agree with Trump.  What's the difference? Or have I just got it all wrong?  I've got to tell you that politics is not something I follow very much so I might be all wrong about any comparaison.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
Most of you agree on the fact that Kaepernick has been controversial.  Maybe I'm not aware of all the story behind that but aren't many players now doing some kind of controversial attitude by not standing up during the national anthem.  Down on their knees and last year Kaepernick with his wrist up in the air.  Kaepernick against police brutality towards the black people and this year players and owners kneeing because they don't agree with Trump.  What's the difference? Or have I just got it all wrong?  I've got to tell you that politics is not something I follow very much so I might be all wrong about any comparaison.

No, you're spot on.  The problem with Kaepernick is that he doesn't fill the job requirements well enough to tolerate his unpredictability.

Lawrence Taylor would go out with hookers and do blow the night before games.  Belichick has called him the "best defensive player [he's] ever coached, by a good margin."    Belichick has cut guys for asking for more money.   I think you see the difference.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
Stadler kind of hit on something that's very important here. Kap can only be a decent QB if you run the system around his strengths. If you ask him to do what Carson Palmer does you're going see him suck week in and week out. That's not generally what teams want in a backup.

As for the political and first amendment side of things, I've already gone into that in the PR thread, but I don't really set it as a protest. The league has politicized itself with it's flag-aggrandizing circle jerks, and he's simply not going along with it. People complaining about spoiled millionaires needing to STFU and play the game would be better served by addressing that complaint to the owners. They're the ones foisting their own politics onto the rest of us when we're trying to watch their increasingly silly product.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »

I don't think the important difference is in Kaepernick's protests vs. the other players' protests.  I think the important difference is:  the other players already have established roles on their respective teams.  If I'm an NFL owner and I have player X that I've already invested in who knows his job, knows the team's system, and performs at least satisfactorily or better in his role, and that player develops "baggage" after the fact, I'm going to deal with that baggage and work with that player a lot easier than I am going to go out and hire someone from the outside, who doesn't know the team's system, and is probably not going to make the team marginally better. 

Going back to my earlier post:
As someone once said in a job recruiting seminar that I went to:  "When you are interviewing for a job, the boss wants to know two things:  (1) can you do the job?  And (2) are you going to screw up the boss's day and make him/her have to devote attention to you that he/she would much rather spend doing his/her own job?  If you want to get hired, the answers better be 'yes' and 'no,' or there will be a better candidate every time."  There's a lot of truth to that.  Kaepernick doesn't do the job all that well.  And he requires too much of the boss's attention.  I would pass on that candidate every time, even if there wasn't a better candidate available.  Better to have a vacancy than make a bad hire and have to deal with cleaning up the mess that that creates.

It's one thing to have to deal with existing baggage on the team.  It's another thing entirely to take on a player that isn't going to add much in terms of improving the team and to take on that player's additional baggage in the process. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
My main reaction to all this is disappointment, more at society as a whole than at Kaep or the teams not signing him. In his exact case I take a lot of sides. I agree with Bosk's general assessment of him as a player. As a Niners fan I watched him come into the league and get worse with every season. That being said I think that where he left off in his career he is still clearly better than many backups out there right now, so him not being signed absolutely extends beyond his playing ability.

As for the protest, I agree with the side that says he's not truly "working" during the anthem, and that his decision to sit is the same as a decision to stand. We are, basically trained without thinking that one way is normal, but it is truly a decision each and every time. I also see the point that he is in uniform and representing a team, making that decision bigger than himself, so nothing conclusive there for me.

I also get this is a business, and that he isn't a high enough replacement for existing backups to take the baggage that would come with signing him. I'm kinda surprised that not one team has because of injury or poor positional depth grabbed him, but I understand why they haven't and don't really blame the owners and teams.

I'm disappointed because firstly about how badly this protest has been turned into things it's not by people who oppose it. I don't want to get into the political leanings of this because of where this thread is situated, but quite frankly a lot of people assigned this protest to places and things that it had nothing to do with that has had the effect of making Kaep more toxic than he should be, all while mainly ignoring the point of the protest to begin with.

My main disappointment is in ourselves as a society. As has been said many times here and elsewhere, there are all sorts of players in the NFL with a history of crimes, many of which are violent, and which owners and their fans overlook in the name of winning games. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but simply expressing how sad it makes me that a non-violent protest like this would be more of a distraction than things like that is wholly disheartening.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »
My main reaction to all this is disappointment, more at society as a whole than at Kaep or the teams not signing him. In his exact case I take a lot of sides. I agree with Bosk's general assessment of him as a player. As a Niners fan I watched him come into the league and get worse with every season. That being said I think that where he left off in his career he is still clearly better than many backups out there right now, so him not being signed absolutely extends beyond his playing ability.

As for the protest, I agree with the side that says he's not truly "working" during the anthem, and that his decision to sit is the same as a decision to stand. We are, basically trained without thinking that one way is normal, but it is truly a decision each and every time. I also see the point that he is in uniform and representing a team, making that decision bigger than himself, so nothing conclusive there for me.

I also get this is a business, and that he isn't a high enough replacement for existing backups to take the baggage that would come with signing him. I'm kinda surprised that not one team has because of injury or poor positional depth grabbed him, but I understand why they haven't and don't really blame the owners and teams.

I'm disappointed because firstly about how badly this protest has been turned into things it's not by people who oppose it. I don't want to get into the political leanings of this because of where this thread is situated, but quite frankly a lot of people assigned this protest to places and things that it had nothing to do with that has had the effect of making Kaep more toxic than he should be, all while mainly ignoring the point of the protest to begin with.

My main disappointment is in ourselves as a society. As has been said many times here and elsewhere, there are all sorts of players in the NFL with a history of crimes, many of which are violent, and which owners and their fans overlook in the name of winning games. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but simply expressing how sad it makes me that a non-violent protest like this would be more of a distraction than things like that is wholly disheartening.
:tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »

That's a good point.  It seems like Ray Rice was the only other player to get a similar treatment, but others get a pass.  I'd say the guy who is beating a girl should be treated much worse by the NFL/America than Colin. 

As to why he isn't playing, besides all the points made.  It seems his girlfriend is also holding him back as well according to Ray Lewis

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

I've seen others mention his girlfriend before, but I never took that talk too serious because Colin can speak and act for himself and I don't think judging him by his girlfriend makes sense, but considering what happened in that article, I can understand why Ray Lewis felt that way.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
As to why he isn't playing, besides all the points made.

It doesn't help that he donated $25k to the foundation honoring a former extremist black panther convicted of killing a police officer, who then broke out and is living as a fugitive of the FBI.

But hey, the guy could "totally" be a backup on ANY team, and this idea that he's bad for business is just a conspiracy... And the players are essentially holding the league hostage regarding the protests until Kaepernick gets a job. He DESERVES an NFL job, and is ENTITLED to the league minimum paycheck. :facepalm: