Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Season 8 (spoilers)  (Read 9471 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Walking Dead - Season 8 (spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2018, 07:30:19 PM »
And there's the final nail in the coffin.

https://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Yep. You could feel it coming. This is pure speculation but I think what they did to Chandler Riggs ticked him off. They screwed that kid over big time to save a couple bucks on his contract. Lincoln said all the right things but I had a suspicion he was gonna leave the show. I mean, he has to be getting bored doing that same tole AND tired of seeing his costars who leave the show get killer roles.

FTWD is a better show right now anyway.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2018, 07:55:15 AM »
Lauren Cohen to leave after 6 Episodes as well in season 9. I can't imagine this show goes past season 10. I know they're bumping Norman Reedus to the 'lead' and they just re-negotiated him to a $20 million pay raise.....but unless they dramatically alter the way they are telling that story....TWD is done.

Fear the Walking Dead in the meantime is freaking great. Skip the first two seasons and just start with season 3 and you'll be fine and really enjoy the show.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2018, 08:57:15 AM »
The Comic Con extended trailer actually looked pretty good to me. I know it’s a trailer and they’re selling the best moments they’ve shot thus far......but I like the addition of some new characters and the way they’re suggesting the storyline may unfold.

I think the show is all but done.....BUT....with this new show runner and them jumping in time a bit it gives them a chance to ‘reboot’ so to speak. FTWD succeeded in a solid reboot. If they can get a clear picture of what they want to do I don’t see why TWD couldn’t either.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2018, 08:12:27 AM »
The trailer looked cool, though I totally missed the Whisperers tease at the very end of it when I watched it at first.  I had to listen with headphones and really focus on the audio - buried in the sound of the horde are voices saying "where are they?"  That was really spooky.  I think they have a chance to build up a better enemy than the Saviors, since the Whispers are incredibly creepy.

I'll definitely watch since it's Andrew Lincoln's last season (he stated at Comic Con that he wished it was kept under wraps and not spoiled, so it would unfold in the story - which I agree with fully).  I read some theories that they could try and end the series on this season, which I think would be appropriate. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
The trailer looked cool, though I totally missed the Whisperers tease at the very end of it when I watched it at first.  I had to listen with headphones and really focus on the audio - buried in the sound of the horde are voices saying "where are they?"  That was really spooky.  I think they have a chance to build up a better enemy than the Saviors, since the Whispers are incredibly creepy.

I'll definitely watch since it's Andrew Lincoln's last season (he stated at Comic Con that he wished it was kept under wraps and not spoiled, so it would unfold in the story - which I agree with fully).  I read some theories that they could try and end the series on this season, which I think would be appropriate.

I'll agree that the Whisperers give they great potential for a really 'neat' and new enemy.....but given their track record of F'n up story lines and characters I'm cautiously optimistic. I do like the fact that the new Show Runner has a solid history of writing good episodes and that she gets pretty much a 'clean slate' to start from by incorporating the time jump from the comic. I'll watch the show until the day it's no longer on because I like zombie stuff.....but it has dropped in quality the past few seasons. Here's to hoping it finds a second wind.