Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Season 8 (spoilers)  (Read 9479 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Walking Dead - Season 8 (spoilers)
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
I may be in the minority here but i've enjoyed this sea son. I've looking forward to each episode.

I don't dislike the show at all. I still enjoy watching it very much. I just happen to think it's about time to bring a fresh look to the creative side of the show. It feels like Gimple and co. are getting comfortable and that doesn't lend itself to good storytelling

I didn't like the scene of the death of Shiva though.

My gripe with Shiva's death is that it was kind of wasted. In the comic...Ezekiel is surrounded by literally hundreds of Walkers just about to get eaten alive and then Shiva comes to his rescue. Her death on the show felt pointless given the fact that Carol and Jerry had already gotten Ezekiel out of the muddy creek bed, up onto safe land where those walkers were not going to be able to get them. Shiva jumping down into the creek bed and killing a few walkers and then being overrun at that moment didn't have the same effect IMO given the 'King' was not in any real danger. I feel like they wasted a chance to make that really impactful, say in lieu of Jerry coming to the rescue of Ezekiel at the fence line it should have been Shiva. There were a lot more walkers and it was more dire than in the woods.

And....an example of the lazy writing that has been going on is the fact that you can't tell me Carol, Jerry and Ezekiel couldn't have found a working vehicle at that factory to get back to the kingdom in? There were 20-25 saviors at that location and they had to arrive in something and only (1) vehicle left. To have those three trouncing around on train tracks and in the woods when there absolutely would have been a vehicle available is just lazy writing. Kind of like 50 caliber machine gun bullets plinking off of the grill of that jeep Rick was driving. Those rounds are engineered to destroy vehicles and armor yet they were just tinking off that jeep  :lol  That jeep would have been ripped to shreds by that caliber of bullet. Again, in my eyes that's just lazy writing. They could have still made that a cool chase scene but they chose to chince out on it.

I've just become more critical as of late against the writing being the fact that AMC is hoarding the $$ this show is raking in rather than re-investing it in the show. Each episode still has the same miniscule $2.75 million dollar budget per episode...which it was reduced to from $3.4 million per in the first season. This show is a cash cow for them and instead of amping up the budget for effects, actors, writers....whatever to improve the show....they've kept it the same budget for 7 seasons. That lame approach ticks me off and is why I'm looking at this show more critically now as fare as effects, storytelling etc. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »

And....an example of the lazy writing that has been going on is the fact that you can't tell me Carol, Jerry and Ezekiel couldn't have found a working vehicle at that factory to get back to the kingdom in? There were 20-25 saviors at that location and they had to arrive in something and only (1) vehicle left. To have those three trouncing around on train tracks and in the woods when there absolutely would have been a vehicle available is just lazy writing. Kind of like 50 caliber machine gun bullets plinking off of the grill of that jeep Rick was driving. Those rounds are engineered to destroy vehicles and armor yet they were just tinking off that jeep  :lol  That jeep would have been ripped to shreds by that caliber of bullet. Again, in my eyes that's just lazy writing. They could have still made that a cool chase scene but they chose to chince out on it.

I've just become more critical as of late against the writing being the fact that AMC is hoarding the $$ this show is raking in rather than re-investing it in the show. Each episode still has the same miniscule $2.75 million dollar budget per episode...which it was reduced to from $3.4 million per in the first season. This show is a cash cow for them and instead of amping up the budget for effects, actors, writers....whatever to improve the show....they've kept it the same budget for 7 seasons. That lame approach ticks me off and is why I'm looking at this show more critically now as fare as effects, storytelling etc.

I haven't thought about it in this way, you're right. They could make the show better with the profit it's making. I also agree about the lazy writing examples you're mentioning. I was just enjoying for what it is, without further expectations or considerations, but you're right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 12:37:20 PM »
I was just enjoying for what it is, without further expectations or considerations

This has been how I've approached the show for the longest time. It's a zombie show. It's only been really this season that I've become more critical.....and that's in large part due to the fact that they are working on destroying a really cool story arc (all out war) from the comic. Thus far, this season has done nothing to do justice to what the comic pulled off. It's been a disappointment to me.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »
Kind of like 50 caliber machine gun bullets plinking off of the grill of that jeep Rick was driving. Those rounds are engineered to destroy vehicles and armor yet they were just tinking off that jeep  :lol  That jeep would have been ripped to shreds by that caliber of bullet.

oh my this.  I actually laughed out loud when that took place.  They might as well have been shooting a BB gun at the jeep the way the bullets were just plinking off of it.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 06:22:35 PM »
Kind of like 50 caliber machine gun bullets plinking off of the grill of that jeep Rick was driving. Those rounds are engineered to destroy vehicles and armor yet they were just tinking off that jeep  :lol  That jeep would have been ripped to shreds by that caliber of bullet.

oh my this.  I actually laughed out loud when that took place.  They might as well have been shooting a BB gun at the jeep the way the bullets were just plinking off of it.

That scene reminded me of The Marine with John Cena where he's chasing the bad guys and the car is getting riddled with bullets, but John isn't hit once and somehow the car can still operate just fine.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:29 AM »

Like Star Trek shields one of the characters should just say "Rick the Plot Armour down to 12%!"

Anyway a new episode and YAY (sarcasm) Negan back, so his entire screen time was spent with him talking about his dick and balls...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »
I liked the episode.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
I'm curious about the helicopter as there is no comic book connection there. Wondering if it's just something the junkyard crew has acquired or if it's a 'new' development.

I'm pretty sure Eugene is piecing it together that Dwight is the 'rat'. I'd assume that he will eventually help Dwight/Rick

I think they're trying to make it look like Gabriel was bitten and is now feverish but I'm thinking he's faking it to get to Maggie's doc

Wondering is Simon was the one who was in charge of the Sanctuary prior to Negan showing up? When Negan asked Simon if he was backsliding it was in the same tone as he would talk to Rick the first few times he visited after the head bashings? Maybe Simon was the man in charge who Negan said had everything jacked up.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2017, 01:55:51 PM »
The Negan and Gabriel scenes were genuinely excellent. I don't remember anything of that quality in terms of character for absolutely ages in TWD. Just frustrating really, how rare these moments are.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2017, 10:41:46 PM »
Ugh.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »
Yeaaaah I'm done with this show. It's become indefensibly bad and not worth watching.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
Yeaaaah I'm done with this show. It's become indefensibly bad and not worth watching.

I cannot believe how bad they’ve F’d up this show. I really can’t. These people are supposed to be ‘professional’ writers/producers etc. what in the wholey hell are they doing? The entire lot of them need to be cannned and a fresh new batch of creative direction needs to be hired. What we are watching now is a group of really comfortable people who are just ‘yes manning’ each other to death.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
Haven't seen the latest ep yet (we get it a day later in the UK) but what in particular about is so annoying? The show has been coasting for absolutely ages, so I'm interested to know what's pissing you chaps off so much...

I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
Haven't seen the latest ep yet (we get it a day later in the UK) but what in particular about is so annoying? The show has been coasting for absolutely ages, so I'm interested to know what's pissing you chaps off so much...

What's bugging me is this story arc in the graphic novel is really, really good. Can't describe it other than it's just compelling and despite it being just pictures and words you're really invested in the characters/stories....it's just done really well. They've not executed the Negan from page to screen very well (not JDM's fault...he's done what he can and is still doing it well) to where Negan's character is nowhere as near as sinister and charismatic all at once like he is in the novel....and this 'all out war' they've shown thus far has been a major bore fest compared to the source material. I would have rather them just went page for page of this arc from the novel considering how cool it was. They even managed to jack up Shiva's death...could have been just as compelling as it was in the novel but they managed to eliminate any nuance of emotion from the story and had her sacrifice  herself when Ezekiel was not anywhere near any danger and by like 10 walkers.

The show at this point is clearly 'milking' the popularity of the show for $$. I'll be curious to see what you think of the episode but it was just simply bad. Poor writing....poor direction....I can and have forgiven bad episodes in the past but they are getting more frequent IMO....and as I've mentioned a couple times now I think it's due to the creative team driving the boat right now. A lot of 'safe' plays....predictable outcomes and generally exact opposite execution of things that originally got me hooked on the show. I think AMC needs to take a long hard look at the number of people dropping this show....it's pretty staggering at this point.....and realize they're a season, maybe two away from being all but finished unless they change it up on the creative side.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 02:29:15 AM »
The episode was boring but nothing will be as bad as the well walker episode.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 02:55:22 AM »
The episode was boring but nothing will be as bad as the well walker episode.

That wasn't a great episode, but at least back then the characters still acted and talked like approximations of real people.  Now we've got the junkyard elves with their language that seems to have de-evolved over the course of 5(?) years,  'King' Ezekiel who is followed because he talks Shakespeare (and has a comedy Genghis Khan sidekick), and then there is Negan who is supposed to be menacing and charismatic but just seems like a buffoon with an obsession with talking about his dick (and balls).

The main characters still left are all about long silly motivation speeches, and constantly flip-floping on basic character traits, attitudes.  This season Jesus will be compassion guy, because last seasons compassion guy Morgan is this seasons angry guy etc....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:52:49 AM by soupytwist »

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 03:36:10 AM »
I think I'd rather watch that well episode every week now instead of watching the latest one.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 04:56:39 AM »
I've been aware for some time that one of the biggest issues with this show, for me, is the fact that I don't really care about any of the characters anymore, and don't really give a shit who dies or doesn't die.

And I've recently realised that a major factor in that is the fact that there's almost never even the slightest mention of characters who have previously died. Major characters get killed off, and there's a brief bit of mourning, and then everything moves on and their deaths are meaningless.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
And I've recently realised that a major factor in that is the fact that there's almost never even the slightest mention of characters who have previously died. Major characters get killed off, and there's a brief bit of mourning, and then everything moves on and their deaths are meaningless.

Not sure where this realization comes from. They have mentioned Glenn probably every other episode since his death, with even getting a couple flashback shots. Abraham has had some mentions and even a complete flashback scene with Sasha last season. Rick has mentioned Shane in the past two seasons. He told Morales about Lori and Shane and Andrea. Hershel and Beth have been mentioned in recent episodes. Carl, just in this last episode, mentioned a lesson he learned from his mom. They're there, you just don't seem to be paying attention to them.

I, for one, don't mind the show at all. It's never been an amazing show, IMO. But it's still pretty good, and other than having a tiger on the show, I've never felt like it's jumped the shark. Honestly, it baffles me that people continuously complain about this show. If you don't like it, stop watching.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 01:30:11 PM »
There is supposed to be a 'major event' that happens on the mid season finale next week. Maybe they'll fire Scott Gimple and Gayle Ann Hurd 'live' on a commercial break. But if it's a major character death their teasing I hope it's truly a 'major' character death and not one of these second tier characters like Gabriel, Tara, Eugene or Rosita.

It's due time for a 'core' character to bite it. Maggie, Morgan, Daryl, Michonne....I'd even say Judith would be sufficient. They're not killing off Rick or Carl anytime soon and there are no savior characters bar Negan that are noteworthy enough to make the fuss they are making....and they aren't killing him off anytime soon either.

Would love to see Michonne get it or even Daryl....but there's no way they're killing Daryl off especially with the decline in ratings. They have to keep him around just for the people who watch the show to see him only.

Last episode was a step up from the previous week, although that wasn't tough to do. I like how they've changed Eugene's character from the comic from being essentially a prisoner of Negan's to a willing participant. I'm still perplexed at the Junkyard crew and why this is a story line but they're in too deep now with it so it's not going anywhere. Just a silly aspect of the story they are telling that IMO has a very slim chance of a good payoff story wise. Just a waste of effort and resources as far as production for the show and writers...etc.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
The Spoiling Dead Fans have a theory of who dies next week. If it's true, it's the biggest plot twist in the show's history. I'm not gonna post it here, it's out there if you really wanna know.
These guys have never been wrong about spoilers in the past. If it turns out to be true, I'm glad I stopped watching.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
The Spoiling Dead Fans have a theory of who dies next week. If it's true, it's the biggest plot twist in the show's history. I'm not gonna post it here, it's out there if you really wanna know.
These guys have never been wrong about spoilers in the past. If it turns out to be true, I'm glad I stopped watching.

I’ve heard the speculation and if it does happen i hope it’s done well.

**edit spoilery comic related***

to add...that's not to disagree with you. Certainly that'd be a massive plot twist and deviation from the source material which I wouldn't mind if it's done well BUT given how vital a relationship Carl has with Negan in the comic it'd just blow up the story going forward. Maybe that's what they're wanting to do? They've already missed the mark on capturing comic Negan so maybe they know that and have something in mind? There was a point in time where I wouldn't have doubted Gimple given how he got the show back on track from the mess Mazerra left it in....but I think we've had several seasons now of 'the emperor's new clothes' concerning how he's been writing and leading the show. Time for a change and he's at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:02:18 PM by gmillerdrake »

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
I'm going to try and avoid the spoiler.  I spoiled the Season 7 premiere by reading that same page and it lessened the impact of that entire scene. 

As for this season, it started off really strong, but has just meandered through the last few episodes.  I do think stretching everything out into 16 episodes can hurt the story - especially after binging Game of Thrones this year and seeing how they pack so much into 10 episodes. 

I just watch the show for what it is and am tired of trying to wish for it (or any other show) to be better than I think it is. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
I’m pretty shocked they’re deviating that far off from the graphic novel by killing off Carl but in all honesty the actor Chandler Riggs is 18 now and been on that show literally half his life. I wouldn’t be surprised if their hands were forced a bit as I’m sure he’s ready to move on.

And, not a bad episode either.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
Welp. Just another dumb decision in a long series of dumb decisions by this show. I don't feel any need to waste my time on this show anymore.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2017, 09:46:37 PM »
Welp. Just another dumb decision in a long series of dumb decisions by this show. I don't feel any need to waste my time on this show anymore.

It’s certainly not top tier for me any longer. I’ll still watch because I like the genre in general but it’s fallen from a drop everything and watch to watch when I can. The show is in severe need for an overhaul creatively.

Online Grappler

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2017, 06:21:08 AM »
That was a much better episode that kept the edge-of-the-seat feeling for 90 minutes straight after a few that seemed to just lolly-gag through an hour.  The Carl reveal completely shocked me.  I always thought of him to be one of the two characters that would always be there (Rick & Carl), but you can't fault the kid for wanting to go to college and work on other projects.  They set it up so that Carl's death must change Rick's mind about showing Negan mercy and being something more.

I actually had to go back and watch the scene with Carl and Siddiq in the woods again and Carl completely telegraphed it.  When he got up from the ground, he checked his midsection away from the camera and had a moment to himself where he seemed to accept what happened before speaking again.  Gimple confirmed that on Talking Dead, but said that fans didn't necessarily pick up on it - I certainly didn't.

Kudos to the show for doing something big and bold - this is second to killing off Daryl, since we know Rick isn't going anywhere.  The mid-season premiere is going to be really heavy.  Now we know whose grave Rick was standing over in the season premiere.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:39 AM »
Knowing what a major role Carl plays in the comic it’s tough to see how they replace that role....better yet l, who with? I just don’t see it happening which isnt necessarily a bad thing if they plan to deviate more and shift the two stories even greater. My only issue would be i don’t trust this current batch of creative drivers to do that very well.

I agree this was a pretty good episode. It’s too bad they half assed three of the eight episodes this half season cuz the others were pretty good.

Online Grappler

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
I just read an interview with Chandler Riggs, who said that killing Carl was entirely Gimple's idea.  Gimple saw a giant hole, since the comics doesn't really address how Rick goes from slitting Negan's throat to holding Negan in jail.  It's been two years since I read All Out War, so I don't really recall specifics, but I think I agree with that.  It seemed like Rick was just tired of the killing, and it was an easy way to keep Negan around for future stories.

So the show is just giving Rick more of a reason, other than one day just saying "ok, I'm done with killing," after being in this KILL KILL KILL mode since Terminus in season 5.  it doesn't make sense for him to just change how he feels on a dime, but losing Carl and having Carl's guidance will help that change..

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »
Finally got around to watching the finale!
If I had the patience I could probably sit down and write an article titled "The many times Negan could have gotten killed, but didn't" heh, seriously though! I think Negan has had more miraculous saves than anyone on the show including Rick! And Rick has been around since the start of the show!
I don't know how Carl is going to survive but I can wage a cool 10 bucks that he will. I think we have a Jon Snow type situation where the actor and the cast are gonna lie about it for a while and then they'll surprise us with his return. I would wage 50 but the bite is in a critical spot on his body AND the actor posted a picture showing he's cut his hair but they could have already filmed the scenes of his resolve and hair cut. The resolve of the bite, if true, could be a huge advancement of the overall plot of the apocalypse and I feel like they might make that step.
I'm not in denial since I never liked Carl nor the actor portraying him. I just don't see what the show is about anymore if he's dead, cause I was still going with "it's a father/son story set in the undead apocalypse" idea that's been thrown around by fans often.
As somebody here pointed out; I don't care at all about any character on the show anymore except for Rick Grimes who's probably maintaining his status with me solely based on the Andrew Lincoln's efforts, no thanks to the writing.
I wish the garbage people would go away and I wish eyebrow fat girl would die, otherwise I'm indifferent to the rest.
On the villains side I still like JDM's Negan and his right hand man, the Jack Nicholson type guy. Actually I like all of his lieutenants. Eugene's actor has been amazing, especially this season.   
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
Also does anybody recall the last time Rick lost a hand-to-hand combat? I think it was with the governor right before Michonne killed him, it seems like Rick only loses to super villains :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2017, 08:39:53 PM »
Also does anybody recall the last time Rick lost a hand-to-hand combat? I think it was with the governor right before Michonne killed him, it seems like Rick only loses to super villains :lol

He doesn’t have a very good record that’s for sure. I like that they don’t make him this unbeatable dude though.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
Eyebrow fat girl? You mean the lesbian character who is pregnant in real life and isn't even fat, but does have think eyebrows?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly who I mean. I would have used the same words for description if it was a guy with the same features.
But she is too fat for her character arc, which has been mainly running, fighting and going through several food shortage periods. Her being pregnant in real life does nothing to explain her weight within the world of the show.
But also her acting is awful and the character's often forced sense of humor is a constant miss for me. Her arc has been too annoyingly redundant and that's something on TWD where a lot of characters have the same problem but none as boring as this one. She's easily the most forgettable character on the show, I never wonder where she is if we haven't seen her for a while.
The only time she was a little interesting for me is when she was in the governor's camp, when she struggled to buy into his attacking rhetoric. And I can't think how long ago that was..

Online Grappler

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2017, 09:19:31 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly who I mean. I would have used the same words for description if it was a guy with the same features.
But she is too fat for her character arc, which has been mainly running, fighting and going through several food shortage periods. Her being pregnant in real life does nothing to explain her weight within the world of the show.

If you're watching a show about a zombie apocalypse and expecting characters to have appropriate body types based on food supplies in order for the show to be realistic, you should find a new show to watch.

Comment away about someone's acting - that's fine by me.  But the show is fantasy, and in that fantasy world people can still have different body types and not wither away into nothingness.  What's she supposed to do?  Lose weight while being pregnant, which is detrimental to her baby, just for your enjoyment of a make-believe television show? 

Also, Alanna Masterson herself said the following last year:

https://www.eonline.com/news/812719/the-walking-dead-s-alanna-masterson-fires-back-at-body-shaming-trolls-your-mother-should-be-ashamed

"Dear Instagram trolls, body shamers, and the men and woman who think it's ok to comment on my weight: I hope that you don't have children," Masterson wrote on Instagram Tuesday, alongside a photo of her little girl.

"And if you do, I hope you teach them about kindness and acceptance," she added. "I hope they learn that it isn't ok to make fun of people or call people names. I hope one day YOU learn what it takes to be a parent. A kind, selfless parent. A working parent. A parent that puts themselves in someone else's shoes."

Masterson was in the second and third trimesters of her pregnancy while filming the previous sixth season in 2015. She had also called out body shamers on Twitter when she was eight months pregnant.

Her character was not pregnant and the actress dressed in loose-fitting shirts and heavy sweatshirts to hide her baby bump. Masterson has said in interviews she often brought and fed her daughter on set.

"Maybe you can't get it through your thick f--king skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling," she said on Instagram. "So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being 'too large' or how 'fat' I've become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life."

"I wouldn't have changed it for a second. I would've gladly continued to eat enough calories to produce milk for her little bones to grow," she added. "Also, grow the f--k up. Your mother should be ashamed for raising such a judgmental bully. I'm sure she knows how 'courageous' you must be for trolling and hiding behind your Iphone and computers."

Masterson's recent episode of The Walking Dead contained her character's most action-packed scenes.

"P.s. I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts," she wrote on Instagram. "P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever."