Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233369 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4865 on: February 25, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
Congrats Adami!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4866 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
Now if there's any East Coast meet ups.............I can stalk them from a distance.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4867 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »
It finally happened.

Something happened at work on my watch and I completely missed it. I have a great defense though :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4868 on: February 25, 2019, 10:52:09 AM »
Adami, congratulations; now we can disagree in the same timezone and perhaps even in person!  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4869 on: February 25, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
It finally happened.

Something happened at work on my watch and I completely missed it. I have a great defense though :lol

Browsing DTF?

Looking at boobays?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4870 on: February 25, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
It finally happened.

Browsing DTF?

Looking at boobays?

I might have been browsing DTF when it happened actually.

So... there's this junkie that got into one of our buildings last weekend. My guys chased him away. Later that week he got into the Community's pool and Clubhouse area, locking himself in the Men's room. We chased him away.  Turns out, the day before, he got into the same building as the first incident and stole someone's expensive ass beach cruiser.

I actually saw the dude on camera walking around down there and thought nothing of it. You see, the building has been in the process of getting painted for the last 2 months. There have been dudes (of the same... Heritage... to keep this PC) in and out for months working in the building. Turns out I was wrong. OOPS.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4871 on: February 25, 2019, 11:41:15 AM »
See, so what you're saying is that you support having a Wall to keep out the illegals?   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4872 on: February 25, 2019, 12:08:19 PM »
Don't even joke. Certain members of the community here have pushed for it.

People move in thinking it is a "gated" community, which it is not. There is restricted vehicular access, but the community is not truly gated. The California Coastal Commission (the same agency that keeps homeowners in Malibu from blocking off the public beaches in front of their homes) dictates that the community be open to pedestrian access. We cannot prevent the ingress/egress of person on the property. Yet, every public security meeting (like one that I am attending tonight), it comes up. "WHY DON'T WE JUST BUILD A FENCE AROUND THE PROPERTY?"

I hate people.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4873 on: February 25, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
Don't even joke. Certain members of the community here have pushed for it.

People move in thinking it is a "gated" community, which it is not. There is restricted vehicular access, but the community is not truly gated. The California Coastal Commission (the same agency that keeps homeowners in Malibu from blocking off the public beaches in front of their homes) dictates that the community be open to pedestrian access. We cannot prevent the ingress/egress of person on the property. Yet, every public security meeting (like one that I am attending tonight), it comes up. "WHY DON'T WE JUST BUILD A FENCE AROUND THE PROPERTY?"

I hate people.

Walls work.  ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4874 on: February 25, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »
Moats and alligators as well.  Get it done Jay!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4875 on: February 25, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
This property is on malibu beach?  I don't think I'd want to pay to live somewhere so expensive and not be able to put up a fence or something. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4876 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Robocop or bust Jay :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4877 on: February 25, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »
Nah not Malibu. Its on a harbor further north. TECHNICALLY parts of the property are on islands (at least one half of it is technically an island as it is surrounded by water on all 4 sides). SO I HAVE A MOAT BITCHES.

But this shit is happening on the part of the property that is not surrounded by water. The building(s) in question are very easily accessible and are right off a main artery that brings traffic down towards the beach / harbor.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4878 on: February 25, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »
Ah OK, I don't know the area well at all, but I've driven the coast of Malibu a couple times and it's super nice over there.  Some of those houses along the side of the mountain right next to the coast are just mind blowingly awesome houses.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4879 on: February 25, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
Yea they are. The people down there are assholes.

Have you ever driven far enough north to see the Mugu Rock?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4880 on: February 25, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »
Yea, that's more north than I have gone, route 23 is where I've stopped and driven back through the mountains to Pasadena the few times I went over there.  But that looks pretty cool and I see on google maps that theres state park right there.  Maybe if I get an off day in LA again I can venture over, but that looks fairly far from where I typically stay.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4881 on: February 25, 2019, 03:10:34 PM »
Adami, congratulations; now we can disagree in the same timezone and perhaps even in person!  :)

I interviewed in New York (different site) and then had one in Boston a few days later. I originally planned on driving so I could stop by Hartford but it was just too expensive.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4882 on: February 25, 2019, 03:45:42 PM »
Yea, that's more north than I have gone, route 23 is where I've stopped and driven back through the mountains to Pasadena the few times I went over there.  But that looks pretty cool and I see on google maps that theres state park right there.  Maybe if I get an off day in LA again I can venture over, but that looks fairly far from where I typically stay.

It's past the Ventura County line at basically the very end of that stretch of PCH. After that, the highway shoots up into my town, and then reconnects with Highway 101.

Lots of car ads filmed right there.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4883 on: February 26, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »
Nah not Malibu. Its on a harbor further north. TECHNICALLY parts of the property are on islands (at least one half of it is technically an island as it is surrounded by water on all 4 sides). SO I HAVE A MOAT BITCHES.

But this shit is happening on the part of the property that is not surrounded by water. The building(s) in question are very easily accessible and are right off a main artery that brings traffic down towards the beach / harbor.

I don't think you need a PhD in High Technology Security Management to know that King is on to something.  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4884 on: February 26, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
I've joked with Jay before about a moat.  Guard Alligators! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4885 on: February 26, 2019, 08:47:23 AM »
So I got some pretty big news today. I had my end of year review last Friday and it went well. My manager at the end said he nominated me for an award, I thought that was super nice.

This morning he calls and tells me I won, I get a free trip to San Diego and theybare donating $10k to a charity of my choosing (I don’t even know how to find a charity) this is pretty damn exciting.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4886 on: February 26, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »
thats awesome, congrats!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4887 on: February 26, 2019, 09:04:16 AM »
So I got some pretty big news today. I had my end of year review last Friday and it went well. My manager at the end said he nominated me for an award, I thought that was super nice.

This morning he calls and tells me I won, I get a free trip to San Diego and theybare donating $10k to a charity of my choosing (I don’t even know how to find a charity) this is pretty damn exciting.

You can donate to The Chino Fund. They're based out of Connecticut.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4888 on: February 26, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »
I’ll ask if they can do that lol.