Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235277 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4410 on: January 06, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »
Jay it seems like it’s been forever since you’ve had a day off!

I’m recovering from my night of drinking last night and cleaning up the damage my gfs sister and her boyfriend left in my house

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4411 on: January 06, 2019, 04:18:43 PM »
The nice thing about family coming for "dinner" at like 2:30 is that it's not even 6:30 and everyone's gone and I'm on the couch in my pajamas :lol

Nice, I put on season 1 every once in awhile in bed.  Such an awesome show.  Any of the actors going to be there?

Here's the full itinerary (I'm going to most but not all of it): http://www.ifccenter.com/series/the-sopranos-film-festival/
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4412 on: January 06, 2019, 09:26:11 PM »
So right after my post about being off and blobbing, I got word that my cousin was found dead last night. Looks like an OD.

He and I weren't really close, but his sister and I are. She's a wreck. She was the one who had to inform their father as well as his young son's mother.

My sister's also a wreck. She doesn't take death too well. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4413 on: January 07, 2019, 12:20:16 AM »
Morning folks. I'm back at work after 9 days off. Plenty of mail to go through as usual.

Man, I'm sorry for your loss Jay  :-[
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4414 on: January 07, 2019, 05:03:36 AM »
That's just awful news Jay.  Condolences to your family.  Did he have a drug problem?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4415 on: January 07, 2019, 05:24:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jay :(
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4416 on: January 07, 2019, 07:38:55 AM »
damn sorry for your loss Jay

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4417 on: January 07, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »
That's just awful news Jay.  Condolences to your family.  Did he have a drug problem?

Yea. He has had issues for the last few years. I know he had just spent 6 months in prison and started working again. I'm honestly not surprised at all, and because of that, I probably came off as really insensitive when my stepmother called me a few hours to relay the news (not realizing that I already knew). She was in the "how can this happen" phase of grief... and seemed to really dislike the fact that I have been very calm and collective and that I knew more about heroin than she did.

It sucks. It really does. But there was also a choice made in this. He made a choice to keep going down that path and refuse people's help to get clean. I feel worse for his kid and sister than I do him.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4418 on: January 07, 2019, 10:09:29 AM »
Completely understandable.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4419 on: January 07, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »
I'm so sorry Jay. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4420 on: January 07, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
That sucks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4421 on: January 08, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
Fuck that sucks man, so sorry Jay.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4422 on: January 09, 2019, 10:05:25 AM »
Greetings fellow chat thread denizens
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4423 on: January 09, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »

... and salutation!  What's the good word Billy boy?  Vacation over yet?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4424 on: January 09, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
Good Morning guys. Thanks for the kind words.

So I had a follow up appointment with my (kinda hot) doctor yesterday. Her prognosis: I am fat. Now she is way to nice to bluntly say it, but that's what it comes down to. My glucose levels were slightly elevated, my bad cholesterol was high, good cholesterol low, and my Blood Pressure has been through the goddamn roof. Gotta start making some changes. Especially with my diet.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4425 on: January 09, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
I hear ya on that, I keep saying I want to get to a better diet and start working out and I just havent.  Although I've made a good effort to not eat out or order delivery/take out as much and so far in this short span of 2019 I'm doing a much better job at that thanks to a nice costco run to get lots of food to stock my house (and not shit food either).

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4426 on: January 09, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »

... and salutation!  What's the good word Billy boy?  Vacation over yet?

Sadly 'tis. Third day back in the saddle, and it took all of 2.5 days for work to get back to pissing me off :lol Currently annoyed that my work trip to Dublin, while still likely on for this year, also very likely can't take place in the first quarter, which fucks up my plan for some personal travel that was going to tie into it. Still going to go somewhere in Europe off of that work trip, but I had pretty specific plans if I could have gone the right week in March. I was going to ask how the new year's starting for you, but I can't remember whether Canadian New Year comes before or after proper New Year :biggrin:

@jay/cram I'll third all that. Trying to be better both about diet and getting some exercise in, but the fact that I'll be in NYC for the next five nights means it's going to be hard to start 2019 on the right foot :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4427 on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
I was going to ask how the new year's starting for you, but I can't remember whether Canadian New Year comes before or after proper New Year :biggrin:

It does actually.  Starts right now - it's The "Year of Hoping Americans Enjoy Their President".

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4428 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »
What kills me is the fact that last time I had my blood done was about 6 years ago. My results are worse that they were then, and my eating habits have actually changed drastically since then. My sugar intake has gone down by like half and I hardly eat red meat outside of going out. It's almost like... I am getting old!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4429 on: January 09, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »
I was going to ask how the new year's starting for you, but I can't remember whether Canadian New Year comes before or after proper New Year :biggrin:

It does actually.  Starts right now - it's The "Year of Hoping Americans Enjoy Their President".

right in the feels :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4430 on: January 09, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »
Good Morning guys. Thanks for the kind words.

So I had a follow up appointment with my (kinda hot) doctor yesterday. Her prognosis: I am fat. Now she is way to nice to bluntly say it, but that's what it comes down to. My glucose levels were slightly elevated, my bad cholesterol was high, good cholesterol low, and my Blood Pressure has been through the goddamn roof. Gotta start making some changes. Especially with my diet.

Diet is the hardest, at least for me when I was losing weight. You can’t put train a bad diet. The way I over came it is by making really small changes every day. For example I’d drink soda every day so week after week I’d cut out out one day of drinking soda. Cold turkey doesn’t work for me.

Whatever you do, good luck!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4431 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:06 PM »
Listen to Eye of the Tiger on loop and let the rest take it's course Jay! Good luck.

Everyone in my family keeps saying I'm losing weight, but I disagree. I eat whatever I want, and spend 12+ hours in front of a computer. I have defined the act of doing nothing with blobbing. If I was any more sedentary, I'd be dead. How could I possibly be losing weight? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4432 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:59 PM »
It’s summer there so maybe it’s sweat lol?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4433 on: January 09, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »
No, it's been happening since before Summer hit. But there has definitely been some sweatin' this Summer. Fucking brutal. Today's 24C though! First decent day in a while.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4434 on: January 09, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
Again, thanks for the kind words (of encouragement this time) guys!

I'm just going to start small. Cut back on the soda and try to get some exercise in. I want to be able to show some improvement before next time I see her (Feb 5th). I also show signs of sleep apnea... And I think she's going to push for a sleep study if I don't seem like I've been working on it. I am the only one out my group of 4 close friends who doesn't use a breathing machine at night and I want to keep it that way.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4435 on: January 09, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »
Jay, drink water instead of soda, and have a cup of green beans with dinner. Bring your lunch to work. And try to eat at regular intervals each day. Lunch at noon, etc...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4436 on: January 10, 2019, 07:02:28 AM »
I cut out soda completely from my diet and saw no difference.  I used to drink at least a can a day and at most a 2 liter.  I was bad. I only drink water, black coffee, and vodka clubs now.  Seriously that's almost it plus the occasional beer.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4437 on: January 10, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »
I cut out soda completely from my diet and saw no difference.  I used to drink at least a can a day and at most a 2 liter.  I was bad. I only drink water, black coffee, and vodka clubs now.  Seriously that's almost it plus the occasional beer.

I've ditched soda; now I have a "cup" I carry with me that has club soda and a splash of ginger ale.  The beauty?  Add a shot of vodka and I have a big boy drink.  Seriously, though, it's that or coffee for me, almost exclusively.  I've noticed a difference with that.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4438 on: January 10, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
Last year I cut way down on coffee (went from 4 or 5 cups a day to 1), cut back on beer, and cut out soda completely. Just by doing that, I definitely dropped some weight. I didn't have much to drop, but if I had to guess I'd say I probably lost 5-10 pounds or so. It was a noticeable difference by just changing what I drank.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4439 on: January 10, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
I definitely noticed a difference when I cut out soda back in high school. These days it's pretty much just water or beer for me.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4440 on: January 10, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
I lost 32 pounds in 2018 solely by changing my milk intake. I went from .5-.75 gallons a day to about a gallon a week.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4441 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:39 PM »
I lost 32 pounds in 2018 solely by changing my milk intake. I went from .5-.75 gallons a day to about a gallon a week.

I believe it. I found out I was Lactose Intolerant when I was 16. I cut out 95% of my usual dairy intake and lost like 35lbs. It was VERY hard to do though... and didn't really last very long :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4442 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »
What’s up

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4443 on: January 11, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »
The sky.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4444 on: January 11, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »
Como estas, bitches?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.