Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235269 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4200 on: December 15, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »
Hello all.

So GF's car's water pump took a shit yesterday. Seeing as it's our primary car (mine is a POS and just gets me to and from work), this is a problem that we are scrambling to get fixed.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4201 on: December 17, 2018, 12:46:35 PM »
That sucks.

Hello, all.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4202 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:21 PM »
Today has been really busy... just need to survive this week then break time

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4203 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
word up
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4204 on: December 17, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »
Howdy all
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4205 on: December 18, 2018, 11:14:51 AM »
Howdy all

Sup bitches!!!!

Got some stuff going on now that I can't talk about pretty much anywhere else, but you guys are in my sacred inner circle so here goes....

After 14 years at my current hotel, I'm finally on the job hunt. Beyond what has become an untenable environment that I don't see getting any better, I'm ready for a gig that will offer me a bit more stability in scheduling and hopefully a good deal less stress. Sitting in Starbucks now, about to hit up my first interview in almost 15 years. Wish me luck fuckers!!! :metal :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4206 on: December 18, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
You're going to cook at Starbucks?  :omg:

Good luck, lonestar!!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4207 on: December 18, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »
Good luck!  I saw that picture of the hundreds of plates on facebook, I wonder if thats when you say "enough is enough"  :lol because looking at that made it too much in my mind.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4208 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »
Good luck, pal!

I will put in a good word for you with the man upstairs.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4209 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »
Oh no, that wasn't it. I love doing those things. Leading a team to kick ass is right up my alley. It's being in a constraining environment that puts needless obstacles in the way of everything that is driving me fucking batshit, and I'm not the only one. I know a few of the other guys are looking as well. Seems they fucked up the budget projections and now are tightening the noose everywhere to make their bonuses, making us pay for it dearly. That and the fact that I just don't have faith in my boss anymore.

I wish...they couldn't afford me though. I'm actually looking into some companies that run employee cafeterias for the local tech companies. There are three big ones, and they spread themselves all over the place. My bro works over at Adobe systems and is doing really well. I'm interviewing with a corporate chef for one of them at the Lyft headquarters, whose office is right next to AT&T park :GiantsMetal:

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4210 on: December 18, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
Good luck RJ :hat

3.5 more days until two weeks of sweet, sweet vacation. Gonna blob so much.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4211 on: December 18, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
Losing faith in management will make you want to look, makes sense and hope you land one of those gigs at a tech company.  I've got to think that's a great spot and would be a fresh environment. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4212 on: December 18, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »
I've had a few friends jump ship to them as well, and they all seem happy. Guess nights, weekends, and holidays off has its advantages.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4213 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
Oh no, that wasn't it. I love doing those things. Leading a team to kick ass is right up my alley. It's being in a constraining environment that puts needless obstacles in the way of everything that is driving me fucking batshit, and I'm not the only one. I know a few of the other guys are looking as well. Seems they fucked up the budget projections and now are tightening the noose everywhere to make their bonuses, making us pay for it dearly. That and the fact that I just don't have faith in my boss anymore.

I wish...they couldn't afford me though. I'm actually looking into some companies that run employee cafeterias for the local tech companies. There are three big ones, and they spread themselves all over the place. My bro works over at Adobe systems and is doing really well. I'm interviewing with a corporate chef for one of them at the Lyft headquarters, whose office is right next to AT&T park :GiantsMetal:

Good luck boss!   I think I speak for all of us when I say we'll take samples of your work if you need a "taste-tester"! 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4214 on: December 18, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
Good luck man!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4215 on: December 18, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
I've had a few friends jump ship to them as well, and they all seem happy. Guess nights, weekends, and holidays off has its advantages.  :lol

I hear ya since my old jobs had me working nights/weekends/holidays and it wasn't until working for a tech company that I got time off similar to most people.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4216 on: December 18, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
Make sure their vacation packages include time off for ProgStock :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4217 on: December 18, 2018, 12:13:33 PM »
I came into work feeling like I was having the beginnings of an anxiety attack over the "zero overtime" rule my new account manager has put into place. She put it into place but has yet to do much to help me fill shifts, as I am severely understaffed. I called the owner of the company and basically told him that I respect what the new account manager is doing, but she needs to take a step back and realize that I've been working this account and for the company for 7 years. I know what I am doing, and I don't appreciate the flak I am getting. I get she's got 250 employees she's got to keep track of, but that's exactly what I am here for. To manage my crew... and if she isn't going to offer anything constructive or to step in and help hire people, then she needs to take a step back. He said she'd talk to her and have her ease up.

I do have good news. I have a lead on a possible account in we can put a bid in at. In theory, if we pick up another big account, I'll get a pay and position bump. Fingers crossed!

Howdy all

Sup bitches!!!!

Got some stuff going on now that I can't talk about pretty much anywhere else, but you guys are in my sacred inner circle so here goes....

After 14 years at my current hotel, I'm finally on the job hunt. Beyond what has become an untenable environment that I don't see getting any better, I'm ready for a gig that will offer me a bit more stability in scheduling and hopefully a good deal less stress. Sitting in Starbucks now, about to hit up my first interview in almost 15 years. Wish me luck fuckers!!! :metal :metal
Good Luck RJ!

I'm hiring btw. If you want a severe pay cut and a huge commute :lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4218 on: December 18, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
Afternoon guys. Finally finished all the stuff I had to do on my list at work for the year and it’s smooth sailing from here on in. I’m going to really enjoy this downtime.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4219 on: December 18, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
Speaking of downtime, my gf just decided to start making all these plans, I had to tell her to stop.  I am soooo looking forward to downtime next week, and already all but 2 of my days are booked up now.  I really just want to chill at home, get some personal shit done that I dont have time to do and mostly rest my mind.  All my vacations this year were really active and busy so I haven't had much time this year to just sit back and recharge which I am desperately needing.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4220 on: December 18, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
First round went really well, live what they are offering between the compensation and the benefits. Giggity...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4221 on: December 18, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
 :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4222 on: December 18, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »
Speaking of downtime, my gf just decided to start making all these plans, I had to tell her to stop.  I am soooo looking forward to downtime next week, and already all but 2 of my days are booked up now.  I really just want to chill at home, get some personal shit done that I dont have time to do and mostly rest my mind.  All my vacations this year were really active and busy so I haven't had much time this year to just sit back and recharge which I am desperately needing.

A co-worker just told me she's taking two weeks around the holiday and doing NOTHING.  No travel, no plans, just chillin' like Bob Dylan in NYC and man, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous. 

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4223 on: December 18, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »

A co-worker just told me she's taking two weeks around the holiday and doing NOTHING.  No travel, no plans, just chillin' like Bob Dylan in NYC and man, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous. 

Yeah, this is essentially my plan for my two weeks coming up. Might do a couple random things (e.g. seeing if I can get good seats for a Brooklyn Nets game for cheap at the last minute), but my plan is basically to spend two weeks on the couch with beer and Netflix :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4224 on: December 18, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »
That was my plan for one week  :lol

Looks like I'll have a couple days to just chill out still though.  Also a couple friends will be home next week so I'm sure some plans will form with the guys.  I just so badly want to zone out, been a crazy and super busy year.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4225 on: December 18, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
I'm just wrapping up Day 1 of a 15-Day Bolbathon. Started by finishing Sense8's 2.5 hr finale over coffee this morning. Went and saw A Deadpool Christmas with jingle.son. Gonna watch the Springsteen thing on Netflix with mrs.jingle right now.  Close it out with the Leafs venting some frustrations in the Devils.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4226 on: December 18, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
Way to rub it in  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4227 on: December 19, 2018, 05:01:08 AM »
Howdy all

Sup bitches!!!!

Glad to hear you're finally taking the plunge.  Let me know when I'm getting that reference check call.   ;)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4228 on: December 19, 2018, 05:20:24 AM »
Howdy all

Sup bitches!!!!

Glad to hear you're finally taking the plunge.  Let me know when I'm getting that reference check call.   ;)

Oh shit I missed this post. Goodluck Lonestar!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4229 on: December 19, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrkPf9yHmzI/

Happy holidays from MP and JP  :-*
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4230 on: December 19, 2018, 06:12:26 AM »
That's cool... except for the lol/cringe-worthy comments.  Why can't people just be happy a couple of lifelong friends who went thru some turmoil can still remain friends.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4231 on: December 19, 2018, 06:20:33 AM »
That's cool... except for the lol/cringe-worthy comments. 

I don't know..looks like any random DTF thread from the DT side. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4232 on: December 19, 2018, 06:37:14 AM »
People are assholes Chad.  Duh.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4233 on: December 19, 2018, 06:42:43 AM »
Gonna watch the Springsteen thing on Netflix with mrs.jingle right now. 
What did you think?  I finished it last night.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4234 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:36 AM »
That's cool... except for the lol/cringe-worthy comments.  Why can't people just be happy a couple of lifelong friends who went thru some turmoil can still remain friends.

BOOM.   I was going to write the exact same thing.   Do people have no common courtesy?   Would you say some of those things in person?  I'd like to think not, but with the state of the world, who knows?