Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233537 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3220 on: August 07, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »
I would've liked to have heard the thunder clap/roll with that lightning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3221 on: August 07, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »

It's weird, for a lot of these large flashes, there wasn't any.  However, there were some really good rumblings, and one desk shaker.

and I saw this on twitter over Brooklyn:

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3222 on: August 07, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
Was gaming on my computer while there's a crazy lightning storm going on and there's a huge bright flash of lightning and my monitor reset, just the monitor, nothing else and was then fine.  A bit later another bright flash and the same thing happens to my brothers monitor (in the same room).  I then went outside to see this and got this clip, near the end it like flashes the camera blindingly, I don't think I've seen lightning do this before.  I actually had to step back when it happened it was kind of frightening  :lol https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1027008146076774405

Thunder, lightning, very very frightening!

We had a couple of minutes that were pretty intense, though I actually expected worse from what I saw on the radar.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3223 on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:29 AM »

It's weird, for a lot of these large flashes, there wasn't any.  However, there were some really good rumblings, and one desk shaker.

and I saw this on twitter over Brooklyn:

MOTHER FUCKER that's a huge bolt there!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3224 on: August 08, 2018, 05:26:41 AM »
It was extremely loud last night.  Power flickered a few times and cable went off twice.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3225 on: August 08, 2018, 08:05:09 AM »
Yeah, crazy lightning last night. I had to do an IT mandated re-start of my computer last night for upgrades at 5:45. Decided to just leave at that point (I normally leave at 6). That extra 15 minutes got me on an earlier train, which got me home just as the rain started. Had I been on my normal train I would have been walking a few blocks in the worst of the rain. Thanks IT :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3226 on: August 08, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »
One more week and I'm in Montana. This week is going to be balls though.

What takes you to Montana?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3227 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:36 AM »
My gf gets to go to a conference once a year of her choosing, her company pays for it. I just have to pay for my plane ticket and my share of the food so it works out like a mini vacation for us.

Two years ago we went to San Diego, last year she went to key west with a friend and this year we are doing Montana. I’ve always wanted to go so this will be a perfect chance to do it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3228 on: August 08, 2018, 09:19:35 AM »
Whats the plan for when you are out there?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3229 on: August 08, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
We are going to do some hiking mainly and sight seeing. Some of the trails look absolutely stunning. Here is hidden lake trail:

https://www.hikinginglacier.com/hidden-lake.htm

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3230 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »
Oh, going to hit up the national park, that looks awesome.

I just booked a flight to go to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving at my parents.  Prices went down so I booked it asap and now the prices are back up, so I'm feeling good about that.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3231 on: August 08, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »
We are going to do some hiking mainly and sight seeing. Some of the trails look absolutely stunning. Here is hidden lake trail:

That's awesome. I was out there camping and hiking for a couple of weeks, this time last year, and I loved it. I've never been anywhere so beautiful and I'm pretty sure I never will be anywhere so beautiful again. Hidden Lake is fantastic, as are so many other trails in there.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3232 on: August 09, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Oh, going to hit up the national park, that looks awesome.

I just booked a flight to go to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving at my parents.  Prices went down so I booked it asap and now the prices are back up, so I'm feeling good about that.

Jacksonville Fl? That will be fun. I'm trying to get out of hosting Thanksgiving this year.

That's awesome. I was out there camping and hiking for a couple of weeks, this time last year, and I loved it. I've never been anywhere so beautiful and I'm pretty sure I never will be anywhere so beautiful again. Hidden Lake is fantastic, as are so many other trails in there.

The pictures look incredible, I can't wait.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3233 on: August 09, 2018, 05:20:49 AM »

Aren't there bears roaming around there as well? I'd be too freaked out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3234 on: August 09, 2018, 06:43:22 AM »
Morning. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3235 on: August 09, 2018, 06:47:18 AM »
yeah it is You smaht.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3236 on: August 09, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »

I don't know if it's the same where you are, Tim, but down here, I hear a story a week on the local news about a bear walking into someone's garage, or walking into someone's kitchen, or something similar.   I haven't seen one myself, yet, but my stepson has.   He watched one dump the garbage can (the big ones with the flap top that the garbage trucks lift with the robot arm) on his in laws car hood. 

F that.  I'll stick to cats and dogs.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: August 09, 2018, 08:21:24 AM »
yeah it is You smaht.

Izzzzzz noooooooooozzzzz.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3238 on: August 09, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »

Yeah I saw a couple grizzlies, which really got my heart racing. Just got to keep your wits about you, make lots of noise, and keep a can of bear spray close at hand. All part of the fun.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3239 on: August 09, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »

I don't know if it's the same where you are, Tim, but down here, I hear a story a week on the local news about a bear walking into someone's garage, or walking into someone's kitchen, or something similar.   I haven't seen one myself, yet, but my stepson has.   He watched one dump the garbage can (the big ones with the flap top that the garbage trucks lift with the robot arm) on his in laws car hood. 

F that.  I'll stick to cats and dogs.

There's bears in Connecticut?  :lol

Yeah I saw a couple grizzlies, which really got my heart racing. Just got to keep your wits about you, make lots of noise, and keep a can of bear spray close at hand. All part of the fun.

Fuck that, bro. No chance.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3240 on: August 09, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »

There's bears in Connecticut?  :lol

Yes'n sir. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3241 on: August 09, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »
I have never heard of that before. I've never seen any signs regarding them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3242 on: August 09, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
There was a bear sighting in my town recently.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3243 on: August 09, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »

yes :lol

We actually got an email from our hotel warning us not to roam around outside due to heightened grizzly bear and mountain lion activity

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:35 AM »
There was a bear sighting in my town recently.

Maybe it's JP doing the guitar camp thingy.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3245 on: August 10, 2018, 04:51:20 AM »
I heard no spreading so I knew it wasn't him.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3246 on: August 10, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »
Beautiful day here in Philly. Going to be a lot of fun today and tonight  :hat

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3247 on: August 10, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Cram, where are you in Philly?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3248 on: August 10, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

He's craving Cheesesteak
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3249 on: August 10, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »

He's craving Cheesesteak

Jim's, on the corner of 4th and South Street.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:31:15 PM by Stadler »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3250 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »
I wish I would have a recommendation when I visited Philly in 2012. Waited an hour in line for one somewhere and was disappointed. It was good, but no better than one I could get 2 miles from me in my own downtown.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3251 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »
I wish I would have a recommendation when I visited Philly in 2012. Waited an hour in line for one somewhere and was disappointed. It was good, but no better than one I could get 2 miles from me in my own downtown.

First, know that I am a Philly fan and would move back there this afternoon if my family would  go with me, so I'm biased.   But while the big three are good - Pat's, Geno's, and Jim's - when there is a line, they are turning out sandwiches at a rate of a hundred an hour or thereabouts.   Not to make excuses, but they shoot themselves in the foot with that.   You go to Jim's mid-afternoon when there's no line and you're getting a good sandwich.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3252 on: August 11, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
Waiting for Incubus to hit the stage.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3253 on: August 11, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »
awesome King! Enjoy! Can’t wait to see what the setlist is like.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3254 on: August 11, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
I know they rotate songs so I stayed away from the setlist.