Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233400 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2975 on: July 09, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »
How many years Stadler?

Three.   

Just in case anyone cares, the third anniversary is "leather".   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2976 on: July 09, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »
Giggity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2977 on: July 09, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
How many years Stadler?

Three.   

Just in case anyone cares, the third anniversary is "leather".

Gag ball too?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2978 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:56 AM »
Morning guys. Just strolled into work after dropping the dog off at day care. Going to see Ludovico Einaudi tonight, just gotta make through work today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2979 on: July 10, 2018, 08:12:49 AM »
I have no gas today.  I felt feverish last night.  Went to bed a 9 pm and just have no get up and go today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2980 on: July 10, 2018, 08:30:27 AM »
That’s sucks King. Do you feel like you’re coming down with something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2981 on: July 10, 2018, 08:36:45 AM »
Feverish doesn't sound good.  Got my stitches removed last night.  Hopefully this glued on bandage falls off by Saturday for my cousin's wedding.  I'm not supposed to take it off until it naturally comes off which could be a full week.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2982 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
Does the area look better? I remember saying it was really swollen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2983 on: July 10, 2018, 08:42:36 AM »
Yea, my face and eyes are not swollen anymore, the immediate area still is a bit and sensitive to touch, but overall is pretty good and got a big stamp of approval from my plastic surgeon.  He did a nice job cutting along the natural lines in my forehead so the scar shouldn't be too bad when its all said and done.  Follow up in 2 weeks, but I think that's just to get the final stamp of completion.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2984 on: July 10, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »
--
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:27:52 AM by JayOctavarium »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2985 on: July 11, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Good morning y'all.

I totally had a (possibly underaged now that I think about it) girl try to use her body to get out of a parking ticket. She came by my office yesterday to speak with me about a ticket. She was a well endowed black girl, wearing tight yellow sweats and a really tight yellow sweat top. Braless. Very much braless. As I was speaking to her, she showed me her ticked and made sure to hold it right underneath her nipple up against her breast, so it was protruding over the ticket. I totally didn't think anything of it. And then a few times during the conversation she turned to point and rubbed her nipple against my arm. Again, I didn't think anything of it. I gave her the info she needed (but not the answer she wanted), and she left. As soon as she was out of earshot, one of my employees pointed out that she had a mischievous look on her face when her breast kept rubbing up against me, and then a look of disappointment when I didn't rescind her ticket.

Today I was looking through some camera footage for something completely unrelated, and saw this girl and her friend in the community gym doing some... interesting dance routines in the mirror. That got me thinking about the friend, who I really think is under-aged. And then I started thinking about the girl's family, and it kinda dawned on me that the girl from yesterday may have been like 17.

I am glad this happened to me and not someone else on my team, because I know how to keep a poker face at work. Even if she would have been poking my face if I was shorter.

Okay.. bad joke.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2986 on: July 11, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
 :lol yea best to not fall for the temptation, who knows what can happen.  And since you got security cameras, who knows if an interaction like that could get picked up and viewed by someone else, then add on the possibility of being under 18.  Good choice.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2987 on: July 11, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
Come to think of it... the same girl was flirting up a storm with one of my guys on the 4th, and he was so oblivious to it that it was comical. He got some ribbing from a few of the guys (and the gal ) on my team for it. His response was: "Wait... she was flirting with me? Really? That's funny. It's not like that's going to get her very far."

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2988 on: July 11, 2018, 07:03:30 PM »
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation, Jay.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2989 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »
Hrmm, I'm usually a sucker for any type of advances from ladies as evidenced by my previous exploits when I ran a hotel.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2990 on: July 12, 2018, 05:03:47 AM »
Morning duders

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2991 on: July 12, 2018, 05:26:28 AM »
Final day of our company conference.  It's been 12-14 hour days since Sunday.  Gonna be another long one today - closing entertainment event is Our Lady Peace, and runs until 11.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2992 on: July 12, 2018, 05:28:43 AM »
I've seen OLP 3 times. They are great live.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2993 on: July 12, 2018, 05:32:09 AM »

Cue Kev in 4... 3... 2...
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2994 on: July 12, 2018, 06:39:56 AM »

Cue Kev in 4... 3... 2...

I know. :lol  He ribs me all the time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2995 on: July 12, 2018, 07:15:41 AM »
Final day of our company conference.  It's been 12-14 hour days since Sunday.  Gonna be another long one today - closing entertainment event is Our Lady Peace, and runs until 11.

That's pretty bad ass.   I'd hang around for that.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2996 on: July 14, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »
In Connecticut for my cousins wedding. Theres six of us getting ready in this hotel room and the ac isn't working. This is bad as I'm sweating through my suit before we even leave.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2997 on: July 14, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »
That is miserable, is there no other room available? Or perhaps someone to fix the AC?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2998 on: July 14, 2018, 08:04:54 PM »
They changed our rooms at the last second, half of us made it in time for the shuttle to the venue and the rest of us ushered but we made it.  Really beautiful here in Groton along the long island sound.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2999 on: July 14, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »
At work, doing a release, really wishing a release would go smoothly for once

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3000 on: July 15, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »
Groton is very nice.

If you have time/inclination, go to The Black Seal in Essex, or the Griswold Inn in Stonington (the latter has been in operation since 1776; it's awesome).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3001 on: July 16, 2018, 06:45:38 AM »
Wisdom tooth infected this weekend and I got pulled over for a brakelight that was out.  didn't know.

Last 3 days were not good!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3002 on: July 16, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
Sorry to hear that King. There is no pain like tooth pain.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3003 on: July 16, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »
Damn thats some bad luck

Groton is very nice.

If you have time/inclination, go to The Black Seal in Essex, or the Griswold Inn in Stonington (the latter has been in operation since 1776; it's awesome).

Had no time and all 6 of us agreed, CT is a terrible state :lol  Groton was very nice though, but the traffic....

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3004 on: July 16, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »
Damn thats some bad luck

Groton is very nice.

Had no time and all 6 of us agreed, CT is a terrible state :lol  Groton was very nice though, but the traffic....

Oh, it's the worst.   And the roads... it's embarrassing, actually.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3005 on: July 16, 2018, 09:32:02 AM »
Damn thats some bad luck

Groton is very nice.

Personally, I never had much issues with the traffic in CT until last weekend.  In the past, driving 84 always seemed like a nice ride and the road is kind of cool IMO.  But this weekend we took 95 and that was a shit ride.  Pretty much the talk of the night was everyones terrible ride to get there since none of my extended family lives in CT.  No accidents, just congestion and constant stop and go with every rest stop we took was PACKED and overloaded with people.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3006 on: July 16, 2018, 11:27:13 AM »
Damn thats some bad luck

Groton is very nice.

When driving through Waterbury, your car wear and tears about six miles for every mile driven.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3007 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »
The worst is the condition of the road itself; it's embarrassing.   For all the construction that is being done, the roads are always in a constant state of disrepair.   And it's not "Northeast", because Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire don't have that problem, at least not at that level. 

Plus 95 is a unique zoo. We have traffic around Hartford, but not like that.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3008 on: July 16, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
When I was at Wesleyan and I would come home for various breaks, I always knew I could count on traffic at the bottom of 91 where you picked up 95, no matter what time of day :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3009 on: July 16, 2018, 06:11:53 PM »
One thing I noticed about this wedding that was new to me, yet so familiar, was their no phone policy during the ceremony.  I actually didn't know, but my gf saw the sign and told me when I went to get my phone to take a pic while they were on the stand.  I respected their wishes, but besides not seeing the sign, my mother and aunt sitting in front of me were taking plenty of pictures.  Well, those pictures were on facebook the next day and my aunt saw them (mother of the groom, not the aunt taking pictures) and was upset so my other aunt and mom took down all their wedding pictures.  It was only the ceremony that you weren't supposed to, but I thought that was new and yet so familiar with the idea of no phones at concerts.