Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237003 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #910 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
Good  Morning Krusty Krew.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #911 on: December 26, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »
Good morning

So Christmas at my house turned into a slumber party.  My mom hurt her knee trying to pick up my toddler niece (my mom had knee replacement surgery over the summer, but this was her "good knee") and rebooked their flight back to Florida for today instead of Thursday and since I live closer to the airport than my sister, everyone just decided to sleep over.  First Christmas at my house was a mixed bag.  Not sure it's going to happen next year, I think my parents are tired of the traveling and trying to see everyone for the holidays so now they want us to come to Florida next year.  Now everyone left and it's just me and the cat, which kind of feels depressing a bit. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #912 on: December 26, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »
   Now everyone left and it's just me and the cat, which kind of feels depressing a bit.

Yeah, I pretty sure the cat is thrilled too. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #913 on: December 26, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
   Now everyone left and it's just me and the cat, which kind of feels depressing a bit.

Well, he really is actually.  My sister's dog was here and while they don't have issues, they certainly aren't friends as Buddy is very territorial with the house so he is loving having his house back.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: December 26, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
So my best friend finally proposed to his girlfriend of like 8 years over the Christmas weekend.  I'm so stoked for them, but also slightly annoyed, as he has had this planned for months, and another friend of ours knew the entire plan, and I didn't :lol

:lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: December 26, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. All the family left the house and its finally empty. I think my gf and I have decided that next year we are either traveling for the holidays or just skipping it and taking a vacation.

After two years of hosting everyone at our place, it’s too much.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #916 on: December 27, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Good morning

So Christmas at my house turned into a slumber party.  My mom hurt her knee trying to pick up my toddler niece (my mom had knee replacement surgery over the summer, but this was her "good knee") and rebooked their flight back to Florida for today instead of Thursday and since I live closer to the airport than my sister, everyone just decided to sleep over.  First Christmas at my house was a mixed bag.  Not sure it's going to happen next year, I think my parents are tired of the traveling and trying to see everyone for the holidays so now they want us to come to Florida next year.  Now everyone left and it's just me and the cat, which kind of feels depressing a bit.

Where in Florida?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:39 AM »
My parents moved to Jacksonville, if we go to Florida for the holidays though, they want to go closer to Miami so the weather is warmer. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #918 on: December 28, 2017, 05:38:05 AM »
What up?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: December 28, 2017, 05:41:11 AM »
Hey, Chad! Morning.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #920 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:23 AM »
Morning, friends.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: December 28, 2017, 05:43:47 AM »
Hey, Blob!

Loved, loved your last project. It made my thumb itchy. Whatcha working on now?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: December 28, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »
Last day at work (3 hours left) before a 10 day vacation. Oh yeah.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #923 on: December 28, 2017, 05:54:39 AM »

:tup :tup

Did you have a nice Christmas, Zy? I hope Saint Nick brought you some upholstery cleaner.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: December 28, 2017, 05:55:20 AM »
Hey, Blob!

Loved, loved your last project. It made my thumb itchy. Whatcha working on now?

Oh thanks! I started messing around with another level from the game, but with the Christmas season + the hot weather here, I haven't done much of anything this week.

:metal Nice. Doing anything in particular, or just going to blob?

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: December 28, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »

:tup :tup

Did you have a nice Christmas, Zy? I hope Saint Nick brought you some upholstery cleaner.

I had a fine Christmas with my family. Lots of food and laughs.

I think the upholstery was spared pretty good this year :zydarscouch:

How was your Christmas?

:metal Nice. Doing anything in particular, or just going to blob?

Just blobbing sounds pretty darn awesome right now. Sleep, watch TV, just relaxing.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:16 AM »
Blob approves. :tup

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: December 28, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »

How was your Christmas?

Great! Atheists always have great, low stress, Chistmases. It's in our bylaws.

That was a lot funnier in my head
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:17:18 AM by Podaar »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #928 on: December 28, 2017, 06:22:36 AM »

How was your Christmas?

Great! Atheists always have great, low stress, Chistmases. It's in our bylaws.

That was a lot funnier in my head

We mustn't have gotten the memo. :lol Christmas is always the most stressful day of the year in this house by far, although this year surprisingly went quite smoothly. Last year was one of the worst days ever though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: December 28, 2017, 06:28:22 AM »
+ the hot weather here,

Will gladly trade.  -22C (pre-windchill factor) when I woke up this morning.

@ Gregg... I'm very thankful God made me an Atheist.   :biggrin:

As for Christmas stress... we got rid of that by just not seeing/talking to extended family that treats us like shit.  Christmas is VERY low-key around here.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:55 AM »
+ the hot weather here,

Will gladly trade.  -22C (pre-windchill factor) when I woke up this morning.

@ Gregg... I'm very thankful God made me an Atheist.   :biggrin:

As for Christmas stress... we got rid of that by just not seeing/talking to extended family that treats us like shit.  Christmas is VERY low-key around here.

We don't seem to get that option, since the deadbeat part of our family just invites themselves over (sometimes with extras) and brings their own drama, and my parents are too nice to say no to them. If it was up to me, I'd tell 'em all to fuck right off.

It was 36C today (which wasn't bad inside), going to be 39C tomorrow. Not sure I'd want -22C, especially as that's 20C colder than any weather we've ever had here in my entire life even in the middle of the night in the middle of winter Maybe we can just average them out?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: December 28, 2017, 06:51:52 AM »
It's going to be a balmy 10° (50f) here today. Very unusually warm and the talk has already begun about drought here. No storms in the long range forecasts, but then, technically we live in a desert!  ::)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #932 on: December 28, 2017, 07:24:05 AM »
Morning guys!  -20 Celsius this morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #933 on: December 28, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »
Good morning guys, cold morning this morning. I wish I was home chilling by the fireplace.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #934 on: December 28, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »
Morning.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: December 28, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »
What’s up Jay?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #936 on: December 28, 2017, 02:27:04 PM »
Not much. I've got a lot of work to get done, but most of it involves communicating with people who aren't calling me back or responding to emails.

So instead of working, I am mentally preparing myself for NAMM in a month :caffeine:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: December 28, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »
Just got back from a wake, my grandaunt passed away Christmas night.  She was pretty sickly, but I feel so bad for my granduncle who has Alzheimers really bad and they haven't even told him yet.

Well, onto something more positive, the last concert of 2017 for me, a sold out Clutch yearly NJ holiday show, but the real reason I am going is because one of my favorite musicians, Devin Townsend, is opening for them.    :metal :metal 

It was a great 2017 for concerts for me, going to end it with a bang (hopefully)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #938 on: December 29, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »
G'morning all. Working from home today because it's a quiet week at the office and I've had enough of commuting in this cold :lol

Christmas itself is usually a great day for us, what can be ugly is my mom stressing out in the days ahead of Christmas over getting the house ready (we host every year on Christmas Day and have a dinner for anywhere from 15-19 people on the nice china and all that).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: December 29, 2017, 09:26:14 AM »
Morning peeps.

I feel a sore throat coming on.

fml.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #940 on: December 30, 2017, 07:02:02 PM »
I feel a buzz coming on.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: December 30, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »
I feel a buzz coming on.  Lol

Take it to the drinking thread!  I'm trying to be all healthy and responsible tonight!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #942 on: December 30, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »
On a Saturday night? Dear God man! :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #943 on: December 30, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »
Worked out before dinner, ate relatively healthy, now drinking a recovery drink.  Tomorrow I'll be having my scotch sampler Christmas gift, and a traditional New Year's Day breakfast - Costco muffin!   :lol

Until then, Ima gonna be a good boy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #944 on: December 30, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
A recovery drink??

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol