Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237537 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #875 on: December 22, 2017, 04:34:53 AM »
:lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #876 on: December 22, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
Morning king!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #877 on: December 22, 2017, 04:35:20 AM »
Morning King

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2017, 05:06:01 AM »
After today, I'm off until the 2nd.  Woot woot.  Working is alright, but time off is much better.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #879 on: December 22, 2017, 05:09:10 AM »
Well duh. :hat

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: December 22, 2017, 06:17:57 AM »
Hello, Gents.

Last work day before the Christmas break, I'm anticipating that it will be pretty boring as traditional. I guess I'll have time to screw around with MS Paint though, which was actually kinda fun yesterday (once I stopped swearing at the primitive tools).

I have the usual invites to celebrations at local vendors, but I'm thinking the last thing I need now is more food. We'll see when lunch time rolls around, it's hard to pass on free food when you're hungry.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: December 22, 2017, 07:24:44 AM »
Im already off till the 2nd  :P  Just getting my day started with a coffee, and by starting the day, I guess I mean blobbing as I've got nothing to do and no one else is off today

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »
All you guys with your time off, I’m off until Tuesday and then back at work.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #883 on: December 22, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »
Every year I give my employees and business partners Honeybaked smoked turkey breast for Christmas. I went to the Honeybaked store at 6:30 am this morning and waited for them to open at 7:00. I was the second person in line and it was about 19° F. By the time I made my purchases, there were nearly 100 people waiting behind me!

One of our newest employees (4 years on the job) thanked me when I gave him his turkey this morning, but I detected a little bit of a letdown in his voice. So I asked him if something was wrong and he told me that he's allergic to poultry! I said, "Goddamit, Chuck, I've been giving you these for three years straight. Why didn't you tell me?" He said it seemed ungrateful and that his wife really likes it and usually eats the whole thing.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #884 on: December 22, 2017, 09:25:58 AM »
Every year I give my employees and business partners Honeybaked smoked turkey breast for Christmas. I went to the Honeybaked store at 6:30 am this morning and waited for them to open at 7:00. I was the second person in line and it was about 19° F. By the time I made my purchases, there were nearly 100 people waiting behind me!

One of our newest employees (4 years on the job) thanked me when I gave him his turkey this morning, but I detected a little bit of a letdown in his voice. So I asked him if something was wrong and he told me that he's allergic to poultry! I said, "Goddamit, Chuck, I've been giving you these for three years straight. Why didn't you tell me?" He said it seemed ungrateful and that his wife really likes it and usually eats the whole thing.  :lol

I feel bad for laughing....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #885 on: December 22, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
Howdy all. Less than 45 minutes until I'm free for the holiday weekend. I'm jealous of all you who have off straight through the new year. I'm off Monday and then get to work a very light half day from home on Tuesday on account of it being a holiday in Europe (where most of our big clients are based). Wednesday through Friday are regular (albeit quiet days). I am taking Jan 2nd off, which will be nice given that there's usually a good bit of merriment on both NYE and NYD.

Really though I'll just be happy to hit the couch tonight and crack a couple beers.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: December 23, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
Aw yeah, my video views have spiked way up today. First some Japanese site shared my video and I got a shit-ton of views from Japan. Then some Nintendo fan site posted my video which got some more views, and it's gone way up since Kotaku posted it. :metal

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: December 23, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
Yeah I saw that on Twitter - it's gotten some great mentions :tup Well deserved.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: December 23, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »
Well obviously I had to retweet it and stroke my own e-peen. :zydar:

I figure by the time I wake up tomorrow, it'll either have 100k views, or it'll be taken down and I'll have a C&D from Nintendo in my inbox. :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:20 AM »
 :lol nice, good stuff.   :metal

finished my christmas shopping so back to blobbing I go

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #890 on: December 23, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
Yeah, I definitely have some stuff I should be doing around the house, but I've got a beer and the allure of blobbing is just too strong right now.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #891 on: December 23, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »
Blob trending? Trump President? The world has gone mad!!
Blob congrats man!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #892 on: December 23, 2017, 05:34:09 PM »
Blob's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG6lVNJSe04

So obviously, I would have no idea what to do if someone told me to make a Donkey King video, so for that...amazing. I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it this way, but what exactly is the point? Is this similar to a guitarist covering a song and putting it on youtube?

Also, for a 3 1/2 minute video, how long did it take to put that together?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: December 23, 2017, 05:47:23 PM »
Tim I would say you're not a gamer and for us it is like watching somebody recreate something. Difference is I put a ton of time into this is very hard to do and even the creators of the game dig it and that's really saying something.

It's sort of like Brian May given the nod to Dream Theater on the cover tune.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #894 on: December 23, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
Tim I would say you're not a gamer and for us it is like watching somebody recreate something. Difference is I put a ton of time into this is very hard to do and even the creators of the game dig it and that's really saying something.

That's an understatement.  ;D

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like a dick. Is this a thing "gamers" do? Try and re create parts of the game from nothing? I mean, starting from scratch, that's amazing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: December 24, 2017, 06:15:20 AM »
I think i lot of people like to recreate games to give a modern look to it. There a lot of timeless games I played as a child that I would love to see a remaster of.

It’s also a way of paying homage to older games, or a great learning tool.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #896 on: December 24, 2017, 07:04:58 AM »
I think i lot of people like to recreate games to give a modern look to it. There a lot of timeless games I played as a child that I would love to see a remaster of.

Huh. That's actually very interesting. Id love to see Intellivision's D&D remastered.

BLOB......How long does a video like that take to make??

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: December 24, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »
Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like a dick. Is this a thing "gamers" do? Try and re create parts of the game from nothing? I mean, starting from scratch, that's amazing.

I would say "gamers" are more likely to have an interest in such a video, but no, most gamers aren't actually making such videos.  Blob's doing something more unique and challenging than what other gamers (like myself) put on youtube (which is typically their own gameplay).  Other than using the game as inspiration, Blob's video is his own creation and animation which takes a lot of time and dedication.

Anyway, drinking my coffee then hitting the battlegrounds for a bit before heading to my Aunts in Long Island for the traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #898 on: December 24, 2017, 07:54:42 AM »
  Other than using the game as inspiration, Blob's video is his own creation and animation which takes a lot of time and dedication.

Right. I can appreciate that.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: December 25, 2017, 07:07:03 AM »
So we had an inch or two of snow fall last night. It's pretty fluffy and I could probably shovel it by hand but I've got quite a lot of driveway to clear before the kids arrive for Christmas breakfast (Ebelskivers) and I'm not getting any younger. I'm tempted to fire up the Cub Cadet and clear the driveway but it's such a peaceful morning outside and the snowblower is really loud. What do you guys think, is 7:00 on a Christmas morning too early to make that kind of racket?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: December 25, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »
lol probably but then again, I don't know your neighbors, maybe it's appropriate

Merry Christmas DTF! 

Really odd here since my parents moved to Florida so we are doing it at my house, yet everyone went to their own homes (parents went to my sisters) last night so Christmas morning is actually pretty lonely today.  Heading to my gf's parents soon then coming back before my family gets here.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: December 25, 2017, 07:55:45 AM »
So we had an inch or two of snow fall last night. It's pretty fluffy and I could probably shovel it by hand but I've got quite a lot of driveway to clear before the kids arrive for Christmas breakfast (Ebelskivers) and I'm not getting any younger. I'm tempted to fire up the Cub Cadet and clear the driveway but it's such a peaceful morning outside and the snowblower is really loud. What do you guys think, is 7:00 on a Christmas morning too early to make that kind of racket?

Yeah, too early.  We got about 8-10 inches last night.  No doubt the snow-thrower is seeing more action than me today.

wait, wut?

Gifts opened; coffee drank; cinnamon rolls consumed.  Chill time now.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: December 25, 2017, 08:34:20 AM »
We're getting 8 inches of snow right now. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #903 on: December 25, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »
lol probably but then again, I don't know your neighbors, maybe it's appropriate

Merry Christmas DTF! 

Really odd here since my parents moved to Florida so we are doing it at my house, yet everyone went to their own homes (parents went to my sisters) last night so Christmas morning is actually pretty lonely today.  Heading to my gf's parents soon then coming back before my family gets here.

Since I graduated college I used to always work Christmas and give my staff the day off (this is when I lived in Florida). I like the quiet, I usually watch some movies play some games and do some drinking.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: December 25, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »
Just got back from my gf's parents house, which was really nice.  I feel bad for them, my gf's two sisters didn't come for Christmas so the parents were kind of bummed so it was nice for us to spend the morning with them.  Now my entire family is coming here soon so the drinking and cooking will start soon enough.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #905 on: December 25, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »

Yeah, too early.  We got about 8-10 inches last night.  No doubt the snow-thrower is seeing more action than me today.

wait, wut?

It wouldn't if you had 8-10 inches to offer. ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: December 25, 2017, 12:03:43 PM »
More than a mouthful is a waste.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: December 26, 2017, 06:46:59 AM »
Just after I posted in here yesterday I heard my neighbor fire up his four-wheeler with the plow on. So I started the CC and cleared the driveway. By the time I cleared the sidewalk around the north end of the property, I noticed everyone up in the cul de sac was out with there snow machines. I guess that's one advantage to living in a *cough* mature neighborhood. You can reasonably assume everyone is up by 5:00 am.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: December 26, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »

The things you notice as you get older.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: December 26, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »
Just after I posted in here yesterday I heard my neighbor fire up his four-wheeler with the plow on. So I started the CC and cleared the driveway. By the time I cleared the sidewalk around the north end of the property, I noticed everyone up in the cul de sac was out with there snow machines. I guess that's one advantage to living in a *cough* mature neighborhood. You can reasonably assume everyone is up by 5:00 am.  :lol

So basically it's bizarro world - if there were any youngins on the street, they'd be all :getoffmylawn: