Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237477 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #735 on: December 14, 2017, 05:14:45 AM »
CT was a fun visit, got some snow, had one of the best Italian subs of my life and won a bit of money at Mohegan.

Where?  There are some good delis in CT, but having lived in Philly, and having Sarcone's on the regular, I'm curious. 

This place called Irenes in Norwich near the hospital my gf was working at for the weekend. It didn't look like much and my expectations weren't great but I was incredibly wrong.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33872-d828713-Reviews-Irene_s_Family_Restaurant-Norwich_Mystic_Country_Connecticut.html

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »
Snowy morning here heading into NYC on the train. Making my rare appearance at the company headquarters as we have our holiday party tonight. These are usually pretty crazy but this year may top it all since they are celebrating 10 years so they flew remote offices in (my Amsterdam and Los Angeles coworkers are here who I never actually see). Plus we are allowed to bring a +1 so my gf is meeting up later at our hotel, yes they are letting me expense a hotel room for the night, and the party is at some crazy hotel that's used for an interactive off Broadway theater. Should be a fun day, then used my last vacation day tomorrow before I only have to work 4 days next week then 11 days off for winter break. My job routinely kicks my ass but this is when it pays off.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
Dude

We're getting snow here too!

oh... nevermind... that's just ash.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #738 on: December 14, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
Took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to drive the 31 miles to work this morning.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #739 on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »
Evening everyone

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #740 on: December 14, 2017, 07:10:19 PM »
Hey Reaper.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #741 on: December 14, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »
Yo!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #742 on: December 14, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »
Ho!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #743 on: December 14, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »
Hey king!
I'm so tired. I've only had about 3 hours sleep because it was too hot. Yesterday was the hottest December day ever on record here, and the night was equally brutal. Today is much nicer.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #744 on: December 14, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »
I was curious why you were up so early

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: December 15, 2017, 05:14:36 AM »
Hey king!
I'm so tired. I've only had about 3 hours sleep because it was too hot. Yesterday was the hottest December day ever on record here, and the night was equally brutal. Today is much nicer.

Man, you've got to splurge and buy an AD. $100. That's all.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #746 on: December 15, 2017, 05:32:53 AM »
Hey king!

Man, you've got to splurge and buy an AD. $100. That's all.

$100? Not in this country! :lol
Oh hey, I should be uploading my finished video in a few hours. :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: December 15, 2017, 06:18:50 AM »
Sweet!  Can;t wait to see it!

Seriously, no cheap AC's?  Man that's nuts!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #748 on: December 15, 2017, 06:24:34 AM »
There are cheaper ones, but not THAT cheap. Everything's more expensive here.

I want to sit here and keep tweaking this video, but I gave myself a deadline and I intend to stick to it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
Sleeping at night is cheap  ;)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2017, 06:45:26 AM »

After a 43C day, the second floor of our house is legitimately unlivable at any decent sleeping hour. Our house takes a long time to acclimatize to the outside temperature. It wasn't until the middle of the day I could even bear to go up to my bedroom.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2017, 06:46:57 AM »
I couldn't stand that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »
It sucks. Downstairs is usually mostly bearable even on a fairly hot day, but you feel the difference as you walk up the stairs, and it gets even hotter as you walk down the hallway and then into my room. Then once it cools down at night, it doesn't get much cooler inside.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2017, 06:52:18 AM »

After a 43C day, the second floor of our house is legitimately unlivable at any decent sleeping hour. Our house takes a long time to acclimatize to the outside temperature. It wasn't until the middle of the day I could even bear to go up to my bedroom.

I was being a bit facetious , knowing the hours you keep.   I have done the same myself :lol

I do remember what it's like working all day in an upstairs office with temps of 40+ and no cooling - just me and my PC.   Then trying in vain to sleep in an upstairs bedroom.   I just used to camp downstairs with all doors/windows open (just wire security doors locked) but when the overnight low is around 30 that's of limited use I suppose.

The weather is nuts lately.   Biggest November (spring) heatwave in Melbourne ever - 7 days without a day below 35 ,  then the coolest first 10 days of summer for 50 years and then straight up to 40 the other day.   We haven't reached 43 yet but I'm sure it's not far off :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:10 AM »

I was being a bit facetious , knowing the hours you keep.   I have done the same myself :lol

I do remember what it's like working all day in an upstairs office with temps of 40+ and no cooling - just me and my PC.   Then trying in vain to sleep in an upstairs bedroom.   I just used to camp downstairs with all doors/windows open (just wire security doors locked) but when the overnight low is around 30 that's of limited use I suppose.

The weather is nuts lately.   Biggest November (spring) heatwave in Melbourne ever - 7 days without a day below 35 ,  then the coolest first 10 days of summer for 50 years and then straight up to 40 the other day.   We haven't reached 43 yet but I'm sure it's not far off :)

Crazy, that's the opposite of what we've got. We got really mild temperatures right up until Summer officially hit in December (I think the coolest November in a long time), then suddenly the Summer temps hit and we get the hottest December day ever on record. Got a couple more 40+ days in the next week too. Once it's above 40, what's a couple of degrees? It's all shit. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: December 15, 2017, 07:14:55 AM »
Want to trade Blob?  It was -15.56 Celsius when I got in my car this morning.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #756 on: December 15, 2017, 07:34:27 AM »
.........Yeah, I think I'm good.

To be fair, I've never been in -15C temperatures in my entire life, so maybe it's great! :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2017, 07:49:21 AM »
 :lol

It sucks starting up the call let me tell you.  It takes a while for the heat to work.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #758 on: December 15, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
I wouldn't even be able to start myself up in that weather, never mind the fucking car.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2017, 07:54:56 AM »
Want to trade Blob?  It was -15.56 Celsius when I got in my car this morning.

Was that air temp or with wind chill?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: December 15, 2017, 08:12:12 AM »
Nope.  Just the temp.

I wouldn't even be able to start myself up in that weather, never mind the fucking car.

Blob wouldn't turn over. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #761 on: December 15, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »
Throwing a bone to my man Jingle; I was in Toronto this week, and while I couldn't meet up with him (we were in a mediation, so it was not my schedule; I had to be in the main room when everyone else was, be it 9:30 in the morning, or, like the last night, 9:30 at night), Toronto is now my favorite city.   

On the train from the airport... the ticket lady?  Very attractive.   At the hotel there were three young ladies at the desk.  Two out of three?  Hot.   Went out to dinner first night with our lawyer.   Ordered a glass of wine from the bar.  Bartender?  MODEL hot.   Server?  Very attractive.   After dinner; went for a drink.  Bartender?  Very attractive.   Next day; there were about 30 people in the mediation, three women.  Two?  Hot.   That night, our server was an old guy, but we went for a drink after, and the bartender?  Hot.   The woman serving the tables?  Hot.   Next night, I get out of my mediation around 11:00 pm (we won!) and literally sitting in the atrium of the office building is a woman.  MODEL hot.  Just sitting there, surfing on her phone.  I'm walking to Union Station underground (Love that idea, Toronto!  Walked three blocks and never put my coat on!) and stopped into a bar called the Dukes of Dixon.   Bartender?  MODEL hot, and dressed like an elf.   Bartender just coming off shift?  Very attractive, but older; in her day, no doubt, MODEL hot.    Server on the floor?  Very attractive. 

I think you see the pattern.    Ridiculous.   

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #762 on: December 15, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #763 on: December 15, 2017, 11:24:06 AM »
Currently rejected from 13 of the 16 sites I applied to. Still waiting to hear from 2 in the next few weeks. :(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #764 on: December 15, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
:hug:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #765 on: December 15, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »
Throwing a bone to my man Jingle; I was in Toronto this week, and while I couldn't meet up with him (we were in a mediation, so it was not my schedule; I had to be in the main room when everyone else was, be it 9:30 in the morning, or, like the last night, 9:30 at night), Toronto is now my favorite city.   

On the train from the airport... the ticket lady?  Very attractive.   At the hotel there were three young ladies at the desk.  Two out of three?  Hot.   Went out to dinner first night with our lawyer.   Ordered a glass of wine from the bar.  Bartender?  MODEL hot.   Server?  Very attractive.   After dinner; went for a drink.  Bartender?  Very attractive.   Next day; there were about 30 people in the mediation, three women.  Two?  Hot.   That night, our server was an old guy, but we went for a drink after, and the bartender?  Hot.   The woman serving the tables?  Hot.   Next night, I get out of my mediation around 11:00 pm (we won!) and literally sitting in the atrium of the office building is a woman.  MODEL hot.  Just sitting there, surfing on her phone.  I'm walking to Union Station underground (Love that idea, Toronto!  Walked three blocks and never put my coat on!) and stopped into a bar called the Dukes of Dixon.   Bartender?  MODEL hot, and dressed like an elf.   Bartender just coming off shift?  Very attractive, but older; in her day, no doubt, MODEL hot.    Server on the floor?  Very attractive. 

I think you see the pattern.    Ridiculous.

Dude, we have our share of Rebel Wilson's around here too.

Next time you're here, come in a few hours early, will ya?  I live really close to the airport (15 mins away), so we could even connect in that area.  And yeah, the PATH underground system is pure joy for the downtown core - especially this time of year.  Largest underground mall in the world.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #766 on: December 15, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #767 on: December 15, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

I think you see the pattern.    Ridiculous.

Yes. Apparently someone needs to get laid.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #768 on: December 15, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »
I have never step foot in one of these chat thread before, so hello.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: December 15, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
What's happening wolf?