Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236216 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4725 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4726 on: February 11, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »
I looked through the list of Grammy winners to see if Taylor Swift won anything. Thankfully she didn't, because he latest album was garbage. I did however see mutiple awards won by someone named Childish Bandino. I YouTubed the song and was struck with an overwhelming sense of confusion, sadness, and dread. I'm not a music snob, although I'm very vocal when it comes to music I don't like, but at this point, the old exaggeration of farting into a microphone and winning an award is becoming closer and closer to reality.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4727 on: February 11, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
So, each year, we go to one Bruins game and one Celtics game. Each is a yearly Christmas present to each of my kids.

This year, my wife and I decided to book them on the same weekend, and get a hotel in town and have a mini mid winter getaway.
So this past weekend, we saw the Celitcs on Saturday night and the Bruins on Sunday afternoon.

This was the view from our hotel room:

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4728 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
Well you certainly were close.  Sounds like a fun family weekend, did you throw any tea into the harbor?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4729 on: February 11, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »
Well you certainly were close.  Sounds like a fun family weekend, did you throw any tea into the harbor?

Hah! My oldest son is obsessed with the historical buildings so we did go to the Old South Meeting House and the Old State House, where they gathered before the Boston Tea Party.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4730 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »
I looked through the list of Grammy winners to see if Taylor Swift won anything. Thankfully she didn't, because he latest album was garbage. I did however see mutiple awards won by someone named Childish Bandino. I YouTubed the song and was struck with an overwhelming sense of confusion, sadness, and dread. I'm not a music snob, although I'm very vocal when it comes to music I don't like, but at this point, the old exaggerations of farting into a microphone and winning an award is becoming closer and closer to reality.

Well, taste is taste.  What’s worse in my view was Kacey Musgraves.  She won FOUR awards, and performed twice. DEMONSTRABLY flat singing.  Not art but bad craft.  She made Anthony Keidis - who also performed - sound like Pavarotti. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4731 on: February 12, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4732 on: February 12, 2019, 12:26:53 AM »
Dammit Zydar :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4733 on: February 12, 2019, 05:04:45 AM »
Heard by mrs.jingle  while watching the Grammy's (which she only did to see the Dolly tribute)...  Something along the lines of "I've finally reached the age where I know NONE of these winners".

What passes as "music" these days confounds me.

As for people... everyone here knows that they suck.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4734 on: February 12, 2019, 05:46:21 AM »
Officially got the house sold last night.  The whole process since we listed it (mid-Nov) was a bit of a chore ... even worse than should be normally expected (thanks to the demographics of this city), but in the end, the outcome couldn't have been more perfect.  Got the closing date we wanted (end of March), and sold for over the asking price - which is unheard of in the market around here.  Added bonus that it's going to a youngish couple (early 30s if I had to guess) that want the home for a HOME - not to make it a multi-unit dwelling and/or income property.

Now we can start packing up the rest of our non-essential shit.  We take possession on Feb 28th, and have our movers scheduled for March 20/21 (it's a quasi-long distance move ... 2 hr drive one-way), and we have too much shit to get 'er done in one day.

#Giggity.  Sooooooo looking forward to this.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4735 on: February 12, 2019, 05:51:01 AM »
That's awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4736 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:47 AM »
Awesome news Chad, must be a relief to have this settled, but now the process of moving...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4737 on: February 12, 2019, 08:12:21 AM »
It is a relief.  I wasn't getting too worried or stressed - we weren't in a dire need to sell this house, but now that it's done, it's just one of the things on the 'to-do' list checked off.

As for moving, we've packed up at least 1/2 of our shit already, in our 'de-cluttering' process before we even listed.  There isn't a whole shit-ton to do now, and we have 5 weeks to do it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4738 on: February 12, 2019, 08:13:37 AM »
Now you'll need a ride on Lawn Mower with the size of your new lawn!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4739 on: February 12, 2019, 09:23:57 AM »
I was told that if we had a DT meet-up and helped Chad move he'd buy pizza and beer. I'd pass on the beer but would try some Canadian Pizza.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4740 on: February 12, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »
Would he also buy the plane tickets? If so...I am SO down!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4741 on: February 12, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »

The sellers' John Deere tractor was put into the offer.  Already taken care of.

Our new place might make people think that I'm made of money, but it is after-all.... Canadian money.  I'm not Tempus for cryin out loud!

I could buy you 75% of a plane ticket - no roof, or chair... it'll be just like flying Spirit!  :lol  Or maybe you could get on FB... King and Queen seem to have a line into free airline tickets :neverusethis

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4742 on: February 12, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
Or maybe you could get on FB... King and Queen seem to have a line into free airline tickets :neverusethis

:rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4743 on: February 12, 2019, 12:05:33 PM »

The sellers' John Deere tractor was put into the offer.  Already taken care of.

Our new place might make people think that I'm made of money, but it is after-all.... Canadian money.  I'm not Tempus for cryin out loud!

I could buy you 75% of a plane ticket - no roof, or chair... it'll be just like flying Spirit!  :lol  Or maybe you could get on FB... King and Queen seem to have a line into free airline tickets :neverusethis

:lol

Free I tell ya, free! :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4744 on: February 13, 2019, 12:24:24 PM »
Howdy Folks.

Went in for another visit with my Doctor yesterday. I've lost about 6 lbs since my last visit, but my BP is still high, so she's going to put me on some BP meds for a few months while I work on dropping my weight. She's also finally sending me to Physical Therapy for my hand / wrist issues. Finally going to get shit fixed!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4745 on: February 13, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
That's good

About to head to the airport, finally done with this trip and can sleep in my bed tonight  :yarr

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4746 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
Good afternoon all. Neal Morse Band concert tonight near my office  :o Bought an extra sandwich in the cafeteria at lunch that I can eat as my workday ends so I can just go right from the office to in line at the venue for doors (it's a GA show).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4747 on: February 14, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
I just woke up, well I woke up a few hours earlier to tell work I aint coming in.  I don't think I'm sick really, just needed to rest after 2.5 weeks on the road.  I kind of wanted to force myself to go in because my OT streak had been killer, but given how I just kept sleeping, I think I made the right decision for my body. 

Now time to unpack, wake up, and maybe play some apex legends until I see my gf tonight?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4748 on: February 14, 2019, 12:07:27 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day!

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4749 on: February 15, 2019, 05:49:15 AM »
Morning folks. Working from home today with an open calendar means that I have very little to do aside from play video games.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4750 on: February 15, 2019, 06:05:04 AM »
Morning folks. Working from home today with an open calendar means that I have very little to do aside from play video games.

War

Frame

Dammit

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4751 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:31 AM »
You have been warned.

So your Blobness.  Working on anything new?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4752 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:38 AM »
You have been warned.

Aw haven't you been keeping up, king? :D
Almost finished making another Fortnite video to milk more dollarydoos from the kiddos.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4753 on: February 15, 2019, 06:32:36 AM »
 :lol nice

And why no war frame video then?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4754 on: February 15, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »
You have been warned.

Almost finished making another Fortnite video to milk more dollarydoos from the kiddos.

Yeah, I've missed it lately. 

Yeah, games are where the money is at. 

Too bad you couldn't make a DTF version of Fortnite where a Hef character could get hit point by telling bitches to STFU.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4755 on: February 15, 2019, 06:41:59 AM »
Fucking rain here.  It's just a soupy, sloshy fucking mess.  And it's gonna drop in temps for the weekend, meaning it's gonna be a clunky icy mess by Sunday.

Pretty open day ahead of me as well.  Long weekend - a few provinces up here created a faux holiday in February to give workers a day off (otherwise, there is no holiday between New Years and Good Friday).  Monday is "Family Day".  I shit you not.

Too bad you couldn't make a DTF version of Fortnite where a Hef character could get hit point by telling bitches to STFU.

Stadler could just run around shouting "DEPLORABLE"
You, Bill and Jackie just roaming from one craft brewery to another
Zydar and his hoes, running around with a cloth of chloroform
DarkLord and his hostages
DT-side would be the set of The Gong Show
Tim asking "What's that" in reference to any and all cultural references

I'd Kickstart this video.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4756 on: February 15, 2019, 07:03:59 AM »
Oh Jesus.  Tim would be so confused. 

GET OFF MY VIRTUAL LAWN!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4757 on: February 15, 2019, 07:30:04 AM »
What about (see what I did there?) Chino; we could trade lettuce for beer to gain energy points. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4758 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »
jingle.boy :lol

Make it happen!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4759 on: February 15, 2019, 07:41:40 AM »
You have been warned.

Yeah, I've missed it lately. 

Yeah, games are where the money is at. 

Somehow I doubt this idea would have the universal appeal of the last one. :neverusethis:

:lol nice

And why no war frame video then?

I've got too many other half finished projects to finish off first :lol