Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236651 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4375 on: January 01, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »
Happy New Year, kids.  And I mean that literally, since I'm feeling old today.  :)

As for you, Cram, nice work, my man.  I'm around TAC for any one year; about 20 shows or so (though I did see almost every home Whalers game one year, so that's about 40 games). 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4376 on: January 02, 2019, 08:07:55 AM »
I had Patriots season tickets from 1986 (18 year old lad) to 2012.  I only missed 4 games (not including pre season). 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4377 on: January 02, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »
I went and saw Hamilton over the weekend. I don't get what the hype around that musical is all about. At intermission, I was Googling the run time because I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4378 on: January 02, 2019, 08:20:40 AM »
My gf wants to go really bad but she has no interest in going at the current price.  We've listened to the album a couple times, and it's not my cup of tea but I don't think it's bad at all.  I'd go see it, but also not at the current going prices. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4379 on: January 02, 2019, 08:32:14 AM »
I saw Rent when it first came to Boston after the 1st run in NY.  It was awesome.  Haven't been to a play or musical in a long, long time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4380 on: January 02, 2019, 08:51:26 AM »
Morning, folks.

My wife and I have been pretty worthless for the last several days.  However, we are both back to work today. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4381 on: January 02, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »
Morning, folks.

My wife and I have been pretty worthless for the last several days.  However, we are both back to work today.

I've done nothing of substance for about a week. It was everything I hoped it could be.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4382 on: January 02, 2019, 08:58:56 AM »
Morning, folks.

I've done nothing of substance for about a week. It was everything I hoped it could be.

Yup, I hardly did anything over the break.  It was nice but damn today is hard already and I'm not even busy at work.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4383 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:58 AM »
Morning, folks.

I even took naps!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4384 on: January 02, 2019, 09:01:29 AM »
Naps are the best!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4385 on: January 02, 2019, 09:04:26 AM »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4386 on: January 02, 2019, 09:05:49 AM »
Morning, folks.

Hey.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4387 on: January 02, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »
sup

Online Adami

« Reply #4388 on: January 02, 2019, 09:12:50 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4389 on: January 02, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »
You rang?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4390 on: January 03, 2019, 09:11:47 AM »
So this guy I grew up with blew his brains out yesterday.  He was from my neighborhood and a good friend in childhood.  During highschool we grew apart as he started getting into drugs and hanging with people I had no interest in being around.  His life kind of went downhill from there as he got a DUI and eventually lost his license for as long as I know.  After I came home from college through a mutual friend we became friends again, it was like old times for a bit, until I realized his drug problem was still there and he ended up trying to scam me out of some petty cash.  Kind of showed that he didn't care about our friendship so I stopped talking to him, again.  That was 8 years ago and I hadn't seen or spoke to him since.  I have no idea what happened in his life to make him do that, but I got to imagine drugs were involved.  I feel really bad for his parents who seemed to always support him and were good people in a well off family.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4391 on: January 03, 2019, 09:21:14 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Cram.  I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know two people personally (one was a reasonably close friend) that have done that, and for me, the lingering thought is what you said:  "what was going on that made that the best option?" and to this day I can't answer that.   All you can do is be sympathetic and try your best to understand.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4392 on: January 03, 2019, 09:29:40 AM »
Yea, I can't stop thinking about "what happened?" and going back to my last bad experience with him and wondering what else this guy might have gotten himself into and with what people.  Just sad and he was really funny and could have had a good life if he made better decisions as a child which is something else I keep thinking about.  Like how he decided he wanted to hang with the "cool kids" instead of me and that decision lead him down a path that would change his life forever.  It feels like something my parents always warned me about as a kid but you just think of it as parent talk.  It's real.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4393 on: January 03, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
sup

How you doin big guy?
If I were any better there would be two of me.

Sorry to hear about that, cram.

Online Adami

« Reply #4394 on: January 03, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
sup

How you doin big guy?
If I were any better there would be two of me.

Then do better, the world needs more of you.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4395 on: January 03, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4396 on: January 03, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »
Gents.

Marc, I'm sorry.  I see my nephew heading down that path and it's gut wrenching.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4397 on: January 03, 2019, 12:28:29 PM »
Thanks guy, and that's sad to see. I hope your nephew can figure things out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4398 on: January 03, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
I hope so but my wife's side of the family is all crazy.  I don't know how my wife is the sane one but she is.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4399 on: January 03, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about that cram.

Currently settled in for the first of a couple straight days of blobbing. Yesterday I was in NYC all day, saw the new Spiderman movie, visited three breweries, and then went to the Brooklyn Nets game. Today and tomorrow are all about my couch and my TV :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4400 on: January 05, 2019, 05:06:16 AM »
Morning chumps.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4401 on: January 05, 2019, 05:25:28 AM »
'Sup?

jingle.kids go back to school tomorrow, so the house is gonna be a little empty again.  Work ought to pickup again next week - the three days this week were slow as hell.  Gotta get back into my exercise routine as well - I slacked off since NYE, plus ate a bunch of holiday junk.  Time to get back on the bandwagon (or, exercise bike to be more precise).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4402 on: January 05, 2019, 01:23:02 PM »
Hello peeps.

First full day off in 2 weeks... maybe. I might go into work tonight for half a shift. GF is down in San Diego with her grandfather so I have the house to myself. Me going into work tonight depends on how productive I am today (It's noon and I still haven't gotten moving).

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4403 on: January 06, 2019, 06:24:21 AM »
G'morning all. Can't believe I've arrived at the last day of my staycation.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4404 on: January 06, 2019, 06:41:40 AM »
They go by so fast, eh?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4405 on: January 06, 2019, 06:45:42 AM »
Ain't that the truth. I've had to burn a lot of time over the last month, and while I wouldn't want to be out of work, damn, I love staying home.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4406 on: January 06, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »
Yea, even though I had to work 3 days last week, this weekend still felt a bit like an extension of my winter break blobbing.  Going to be a busy few weeks ahead now as work is going to amp up, LA trip in 3 weeks then I may have to go to Denver.  For now, one more day of blobbing.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4407 on: January 06, 2019, 09:41:42 AM »
I wouldn't mind another day of blobbing, but we have family coming up to visit today. The good news is they want to be on the road home by 5, so I should be able to at least relax tonight. Work shouldn't be too crazy when I get back, but I'll be in the city afterwards from Wednesday - Friday (plus all day Saturday and Sunday) for a Sopranos film festival to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the show premiering.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4408 on: January 06, 2019, 10:09:24 AM »
Nice, I put on season 1 every once in awhile in bed.  Such an awesome show.  Any of the actors going to be there?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4409 on: January 06, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »
Morning folks! Guess who has an actual day off!?!?

Me!

Gonna clean house a bit and then blob like I've never blobbed before!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"