Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233487 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4340 on: December 28, 2018, 03:26:31 PM »
"a beer" ??   :omg:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4341 on: December 28, 2018, 04:57:02 PM »
Dropped my parents off at the airport and 4 of the guys are coming over to grill and booze, should be a fun night ahead

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4342 on: December 28, 2018, 06:30:32 PM »
I'm happy to hear. How have you been?
I've been great.  Family is doing well, bought a new house in June, just got a small promotion, and things have been generally swell.

How about you?
Dang new house and a promotion sounds like it’s been a good year. I’ve been good, I got a small promotion too but otherwise nothing to crazy with me.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4343 on: December 28, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
"a beer" ??   :omg:

Fear not, several more have followed :biggrin:
Photobucket sucks.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4344 on: December 30, 2018, 10:05:13 AM »
Did... did I break the chat thread?
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4345 on: December 30, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
The TREE is down!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4346 on: December 30, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »
My GF's birthday is today, all her friends are going to a bar later so that's what the plan is.  Should be fun.

Been messing with my new green screen and this is really cool, got it working and made big progress on my first video with it.  Hoping to have that done before the end of the year. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4347 on: December 30, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
Looking forward to it!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4348 on: December 30, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
Good afternoon peeps. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours, I'm probably dead :lol I've been sick as a dog, and have worked both my days off this weekend. Went back in to work Fri night / Sat morning at midnight, and now I am back for half a shift this afternoon. I can't wait to get back home and sleep some more.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4349 on: December 30, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »
Damn that sucks Jay, get some rest and feel better soon

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4350 on: December 31, 2018, 09:22:09 AM »
I'm in the office today, but for the life of me I can't imagine why. The phone has literally not rang once and when I check the caller id, no one has called since Saturday. None of the shipping companies will pick up packages today unless it's an air package. The roads were near empty during my commute.

This morning was a bitch too. I had to play furnace repair-man, which is kinda a long story but suffice it to say I got it running reliably after cleaning the flame sensor. Then, the fucking snow thrower wouldn't start so I had to shovel the driveway and walks by hand. Then the brakes on the Jeep started making a growling noise on my way in to work so I had to do a lot of down shifting to keep out of the pedal (a nervous method on icy roads).

I feel like I'm waiting for the next disaster to arrive.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4351 on: December 31, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Getting ready to leave work.  Fucking Wal Mart is working tomorrow for the first time since I've been here.  I made it optional for my guys.  Originally they told me only 1st shift.  Now they are running both and I am only running 1st.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4352 on: December 31, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
Sam Walton's corpse is spinning like a tornado!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4353 on: December 31, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »
All about the almighty $$$$$

Take 3 damn days off all year man.  Thanksgiving Christmas and New years but nope.  Only Christmas.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4354 on: December 31, 2018, 12:53:44 PM »
Well, you know...Christmas is objectively better!  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4355 on: December 31, 2018, 01:25:13 PM »
Good Afternoon ya'll.

I hired someone today, and right after that, fired probably the second worst employee I've ever had. Even better, I am going home early sick. In an hour.

The guy who I fired made this big thing about how I am firing him because he never "fit in with (our) little family here". 

No. You're getting fired because you literally showed up to work and just disappeared. One of the times was you saw a new guy that was being trained and he "made you uncomfortable."

Grow the fuck up.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4356 on: December 31, 2018, 02:15:30 PM »
Sounds like someone toxic Jay. Good riddance. I hope you feel better.

I had one hell of a day. I left work early and stopped at the grocery store a few miles down from my house to pick up some last minute things. Since I have a new car and I've never had a new car before I parked it at the very end of the parking lot as I normally do. My car isn't special but it means a lot to me since it's my first new car, and I don't park like a douche across two spaces or anything like that.

I park, no cars near me, not a car within 4 parking spaces. Grab some stuff and I come out and I see it, white paint across the side of my rear bumper. My blood starts to boil. Obviously there is no note or anything like that. I go back to the store on the off chance they had a camera, they don't, at least not that far back. I then go up and down all the aisles looking for a car with my paint on it, nothing. I go home and clean the bumper off, it isn't dented and most of the paint cleaned off but there is a quarter size chunk of paint missing, you can clearly see to flat black color of the bumper. GODFUCKINGDAMNIT.

Now this is my DD and I know it's going to get dinged up but shit, I have to get this fixed otherwise it'll start flaking. It's not like a door ding where the paint is intact. It'll probably cost sub-$500 but still.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4357 on: December 31, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
Kay... that fucking blows massive assed chunks.  I'd be raging too.   :censored

@ Gregg... so glad I stayed out of the drama of that thread.  Once I saw it was locked, I looked at the last handful of posts, and felt very pleased I wasn't following that shit-storm.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4358 on: December 31, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
 :lol I guess I missed the fun, and damn that sucks Reaper. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4359 on: December 31, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
It’s all good. I’m grilling ribs drinking beer now. Trying to think doni love onto wine next or liquor, should I rotate every other drink?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4360 on: December 31, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
Good evening all. Been a busy day, went to the Devils game and then came home and made a tray of mac and cheese for company that was coming over for dinner. Our guests just left, so settling into the couch now with a beer.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4361 on: January 01, 2019, 01:58:18 AM »
Happy new year, chumps!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4362 on: January 01, 2019, 05:21:05 AM »
Happy New Year GD-side. I resolve to remain out of DT-side ... especially with the new album dropping.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4363 on: January 01, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »
Happy new year all
Photobucket sucks.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4364 on: January 01, 2019, 07:01:59 AM »
Happy New Year, all!

@ Gregg... so glad I stayed out of the drama of that thread.  Once I saw it was locked, I looked at the last handful of posts, and felt very pleased I wasn't following that shit-storm.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad. I was kinda shocked that it got locked. Sure the discussion wasn't really going anywhere and no one was being really persuasive, but I didn't think anyone was rude either. I was bored at work so trying to come up with a way to illustrate my point to JD was actually kinda fun. In the end it was obvious that he wasn't really reading my posts though.

Happy New Year GD-side. I resolve to remain out of DT-side ... especially with the new album dropping.

Why? What's wrong with the DT-side?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4365 on: January 01, 2019, 08:14:37 AM »
Happy new years DTF

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4366 on: January 01, 2019, 08:18:20 AM »
I didn't read thru the whole thread, so I assumed the climax leading to the lock was just the icing on the cake.  Maybe it wasn't a shit-storm, but I tend to stay away from all things WildRanger.

And as for DT-side, when I see thread titles like "DT Signature Moves" and "If DT were an all-girl band" and 'MVPs per album'.... it makes me want to clobber somethin.  'nuff said.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4367 on: January 01, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
Happy New Year's. I'm hurting real bad today.

I don't know why I punish myself by going to the DT side but I still go.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4368 on: January 01, 2019, 08:58:17 AM »
And as for DT-side, when I see thread titles like "DT Signature Moves" and "If DT were an all-girl band" and 'MVPs per album'.... it makes me want to clobber somethin.  'nuff said.

Those are bad. I like Dream theater, so I definitely participate when appropriate, but the "DT Signature Moves" is pretty bad.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4369 on: January 01, 2019, 09:38:21 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4370 on: January 01, 2019, 10:20:45 AM »
If anyone is bored today:

Cramx3's Top 10 Concert Moments of 2018

I'm only bored when I'm not watching your videos. That was fantastic!

39 shows, that's amazing. Never made it to that many in one year. The world is a lot smaller these days for sure.

My highest totals for any years were:
1987...22 shows
1991...21 shows

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4371 on: January 01, 2019, 12:20:44 PM »
Yea kind of crazy how they add up, never thought in my life I'd be able to go to so many shows.

But it's definitely easier to see many concerts today than back in the day before the internet and being exposed to so many bands and tours.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4372 on: January 01, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »
You whore.   :lol

You got some cool moments with multiple shows where a musician was in the stands.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4373 on: January 01, 2019, 01:10:05 PM »
Good morning (afternoon I guess) and Happy New year.

Good news: I got a raise that is supposed to be effective as of today.

Bad news: Still sick.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4374 on: January 01, 2019, 02:24:38 PM »
Yea kind of crazy how they add up, never thought in my life I'd be able to go to so many shows.

But it's definitely easier to see many concerts today than back in the day before the internet and being exposed to so many bands and tours.

I also feel like apps like BandsInTown help so much. There are so many shows that would just get missed because I wasn't aware that they were coming.