Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236631 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4305 on: December 24, 2018, 09:53:16 AM »
Time to Bombard Facebook with Xmas songs.

First up...the obligatory....Savatage - Christmas Eve. I like to post the Savatage named one so people will know the band that started TSO, and whom originally wrote that song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4306 on: December 24, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »
I can't stand Christmas music. All I ever listen to are Bela Fleck's Christmas album, a bit of TSO, and Christopher Lee's Heavy Metal Christmas releases. :metal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4307 on: December 24, 2018, 10:34:48 AM »
Never been a christmas music fan myself, I don't hate it, but I'm really not a festive person.

My gf and I drove to the local house in my town with a big light set up.  Our third year going there on her request and this time there was soo much traffic and you couldn't even walk through the yard because of the large amount of people.  Must say I was a grinch and typically am moreso like that for the holidays.  I enjoy them, but really just don't get into the spirit.  "I lose 5% Christmas spirit every year" I told my GF  :lol

Anyway, another half day of blobbing for me.  Very different Christmas this year and breaking from my normal family traditions.  Not seeing my family at all actually, I am going to my GF's parents tonight to be with them.  Should be fun I think, I like her cousins and parents.  Tomorrow we will then head to my sister's condo in NYC to meet with them and my parents... and we are doing.... chinese food for christmas dinner  :lol This apparently is very common for Jewish folks, but must say it'll be a first for my family.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4308 on: December 24, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »
I am spending a week house / dog sitting starting tonight. Once I get off work, I have to run home, grab my shit, and then run over to this house (which is actually just halfway between my house and my work). They have 2 dogs (a really chill 15 yr old Golden Lab and a 6 yr old Labradoodle), and their daughter's dogs will be there as well (2 3yr old Aussie / Poodle mixes). It's a really chill gig, as I just have to  be there in the evening / overnight and mornings. The dogs chill in the backyard while I am at work.

My GF is also house sitting for someone this week, and she's going to be like 2 blocks from her Dad's. She'll be there for dinner tonight, and we'll both be there for dinner tomorrow. (I don't feel like making the drive to the next town over in my POS car more than once this week).

I really not into Christmas. In fact, I really dislike it. Too much drama and just overall bullshit expectations to deal with.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4309 on: December 24, 2018, 11:24:29 AM »
Afternoon folks. Working from home today, I'm one of the few people in the office that doesn't have a family so I always volunteer to work days around the holidays.

Jay we aren't really celebrating Christmas at all. My gf and I didn't put up any decorations and we did a small gift exchange, that's it. No hosting each other families. It's actually a pretty freeing experience.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4310 on: December 24, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Afternoon folks. Working from home today, I'm one of the few people in the office that doesn't have a family so I always volunteer to work days around the holidays.

Jay we aren't really celebrating Christmas at all. My gf and I didn't put up any decorations and we did a small gift exchange, that's it. No hosting each other families. It's actually a pretty freeing experience.

The only gifts I was planning on giving were for my GF's dad and his GF (we scored 2 Google Home Minis for like... $25 total... to go along with the other smart house shit my GF got them)... My GF and I originally planned on not exchanging gifts, and instead upgraded our phones a few months ago as early Christmas Gifts to eachother.

And then she bought me a Switch and wrapped it. Which was okay, as it was supposed to be an US gift to ourselves. AND THEN a bunch more shit appeared under the tree addressed to me. SO I had to make last minute Christmas shopping plans. And then the Water Pump in her car went out. So a new timing belt, water pump, and radiator later ($1300), I was stuck trying to put shit together for her on a shoestring budget.  This is another reason I dislike Christmas :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4311 on: December 24, 2018, 01:42:09 PM »
Just got home from working a few hours at my dad's store. He's open 10-3 on Christmas Eve so it's a good way to get in, have fun seeing people I used to work with, and get out before it gets annoying :lol Relaxing for a bit now and then heading to my aunt and uncle's (dad's side) for dinner and presents. Normally my cousin and I go in hard on beer on Christmas Eve, but he's living with his GF and not at home now, so assuming he'll have to be better behaved than in years past. Then tomorrow my aunt and uncle and cousins (mom's side) come over for dinner, which should be good fun. Normally we have 17-20 people here on Christmas Day, but the Delaware contingent isn't coming up this year since both my cousins down there have had babies in the last year. I (very begrudgingly) get why they don't want to do 2-2.5 hours each way in the car this year, especially since they all just came up for Thanksgiving, but I hope it's not a permanent end to what had been the Christmas Day tradition.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4312 on: December 26, 2018, 04:44:09 AM »
It'll be a blob-less day for me.  Family visits are on the docket - first it's brunch with my mother, then off to see my Aunt/Uncle and one of my cousins along with his family.  Their kids have become like nieces and nephews to us.  There's 10-15 year gap in age between jingle.kids and them, so jingle.daughter absolutely adores them.  This could be one of the few remaining times that we see them, since we'll be living 3 hours away come March.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4313 on: December 26, 2018, 06:26:12 AM »
I'm back to blobbing.  GF left since she has to go to work and so I'm just chilling home today but tonight with my friends all in town we are going to an BYOB Ax throwing place.  I can't say I care too much about paying 35 to throw an ax for two hours, but it'll be fun to hang with my friends some of which I hardly see since they moved away. 

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4314 on: December 26, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »
I'm not quite sure what most of today is going to bring me. Going to Pizza Hut with my dad and sister for the lunch buffet at 11:30 (it's a nostalgia thing, we always used to go, along with a bunch of other kids, when we had half days on the first and last day of school). My original plan was to then go into the city and hit a couple bars in Manhattan while keeping an eye on last minute ticket prices for the live show WWE is running at MSG. But one of my good friend's brother is in town for the holidays, so a few of us might get together to open some beers with him instead.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4315 on: December 26, 2018, 08:00:30 AM »
Good morning peeps. I feel like death (sore throat, no voice).

So this entire time I was under the impression that my GF had bought me (well, us) a Switch for Christmas. I was wrong. She got me 3 tickets to see DT in March, and her dad got us a Switch :lol

The way she did it was fantastic. She worked with a company that makes temp tattoos and had a bunch made up of a quote from The Spirit Carries on (the only song she knows for sure from Scenes except The Dance of E.) That was supposed to be a clue. In the same gift was a some random bullshit, and then underneath, taped to the bottom of the gift bag, was the envelope with the tickets. I've gotta admit, I am completely stoked. I was really upset that I couldn't go to the Images, Turds and Beyond shows.... but in the end I was more excited for this tour than I ever was for that last one.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4316 on: December 26, 2018, 08:37:56 AM »
That's awesome, my gf and I each both got each other concert tickets (well for us together) so I can add one more to my list which is in a couple weeks at the Borgata in AC  :hat (Sublime with Rome)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4317 on: December 26, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »
Morning, peeps.  Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4318 on: December 26, 2018, 11:43:42 AM »
I had a pretty good Christmas Hef, no family in town and it was great. What about you?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4319 on: December 26, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
Mine was very good.  Better than I deserved.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4320 on: December 26, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
I'm happy to hear. How have you been?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4321 on: December 26, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
Morning, peeps.  Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Hey.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4322 on: December 27, 2018, 07:18:43 AM »
Ax throwing was way more fun than I expected.  My first throw went into the floor and easily the worst throw of the 11 of us or anyone in the building  :lol but I recovered and found a grove from playing in the play in game of the 11 person tournament to coming in 2nd place.  Also it was BYOB so that added some fun to it https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1078293452880785408

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4323 on: December 27, 2018, 07:22:42 AM »
Awesome video Cram. :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4324 on: December 27, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »
I'm happy to hear. How have you been?
I've been great.  Family is doing well, bought a new house in June, just got a small promotion, and things have been generally swell.

How about you?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4325 on: December 27, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
Morning my friends.  Incredibly busy at work right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4326 on: December 27, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »
So you're DTFing instead?  :P
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4327 on: December 27, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »
While I'm at my computer....... yes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4328 on: December 27, 2018, 08:19:56 AM »
You know it, baby.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4329 on: December 27, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »

:lol

I've been great.  Family is doing well, bought a new house in June, just got a small promotion, and things have been generally swell.

That's awesome, it's been a good year.  :yarr

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4330 on: December 27, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »

I should have answered, "It's good to be the King."

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4331 on: December 27, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
Howdy all
Photobucket sucks.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4332 on: December 28, 2018, 06:13:08 AM »
Oh, hi.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4333 on: December 28, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »
Morning.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4334 on: December 28, 2018, 06:18:46 AM »
Howdy.

2 more hours at work, and then it's vacation time for 9 days. I'll be Blobbing my days away.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4335 on: December 28, 2018, 06:19:46 AM »
Jealous.  I need more blobbing time.  I'm burnt out.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4336 on: December 28, 2018, 07:24:03 AM »
Greetings fellow chat thread denizens. Going to be blobbing during the day, think I'll start going through my Deadwood DVDs, and then going to my cousin's apartment for dinner.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4337 on: December 28, 2018, 08:40:34 AM »
Back to blobbing for a bit, been doing a ton of work on videos I am making for youtube.... got two more call of duty videos made, a new cramx3 trailer almost done, and in the midst of doing a "top 10 concert moments of 2018" video.  My christmas gift to myself (OK my parents gave me money and this is how I sued it) was a green screen kit that arrives today.  I'm hoping to set it up and try doing intros to each of my top 10 moments.  Sort of as a test to see if this can work and how to do it.  Could be cool or just super cheesy, we will see.  Then got to drive my parents to the airport later and doing dinner with my friends.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4338 on: December 28, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
Off to see Bumblebee in D-Box 3D.... for free!  Both jingle.son and I had enough of the theater chain loyalty points to get a free premium ticket.  These kind of seats are usually $25!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4339 on: December 28, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »
Excellent Chad :hat Thinking about going to see it tomorrow night.

I'm set up on the couch for the afternoon with a beer watching Deadwood.
Photobucket sucks.