Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236992 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4235 on: December 19, 2018, 07:03:01 AM »
People are assholes Chad.  Duh.  LOL

I'm sure it was merely coincidence that this was posted immediately following one of my posts, right? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4236 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:30 AM »

Glad to hear you're finally taking the plunge.  Let me know when I'm getting that reference check call.   ;)

"Hello?  Calling about RJ?  Who's that?  oh, LONESTAR, yes.  Hmmm.   Well, he's funny, he's smart, he's good at roulettes, and he has great avatars.  That "chef fucking the air" is world class.    Food?  What?  I have no idea.  I met him online and we hang out  at a Prog Metal band's quasi-official forum with like 100 other guys and about four women who pop in from time to time as their boredom permits... hello?  Hello?"

Here later:  "Lonestar, no fucking problem.  NAILED IT.  You're good."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4237 on: December 19, 2018, 07:07:57 AM »
Started by finishing Sense8's 2.5 hr finale over coffee this morning.

What'd you think?

Gonna watch the Springsteen thing on Netflix with mrs.jingle right now. 

What'd you think?

Close it out with the Leafs venting some frustrations in the Devils.

IN the Devils?  That's a hell of a hockey game you're going to see.  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4238 on: December 19, 2018, 07:16:04 AM »
People are assholes Chad.  Duh.  LOL

I'm sure it was merely coincidence that this was posted immediately following one of my posts, right? :lol

It was but boy was it glorious! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4239 on: December 19, 2018, 07:34:40 AM »
Gonna watch the Springsteen thing on Netflix with mrs.jingle right now. 
What did you think?  I finished it last night.

I thought it was great. I knew some stuff he was talking about (I've read the book), but some stuff was new. And the new versions of the classic songs were nice.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4240 on: December 19, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »
G'morning all. Head's a little fuzzy from the homebrew club Christmas party last night :lol

@Chad how was Deadpool? Curious to see if it's worth seeing.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4241 on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:48 AM »
That's cool... except for the lol/cringe-worthy comments. 

I don't know..looks like any random DTF thread from the DT side. :lol

Hence why I avoid DT-side.

re: The Boss special.  We only got 90 minutes thru it (didn't realize it was 2.5 hours).  I think we paused it right as Red was coming out.  Thoroughly enjoyed it so far... all the while I'm thinking (was Stads actually at the taping??)

re:PG-13 Deadpool.  It was fine.  They made it work ok, and the segments with Fred Savage were great.  It was worth $8 (which is the 'cheap-seat' Tuesday rate).  If you enjoyed the original R rated version, you should enjoy this.  I hadn't seen it since the first-run in theatres.  90% of the comedy translates just fine.

@ Stads... I'm actually one of the few DTF'rs that have tasted Chef's culinary concoctions.  Dr. DTVT and chknptpie being the others (don't think there's anyone else... well, Jackie's had his sausage, but I'm not sure that counts :lol)  Ergo, I can actually be a legit reference.   :biggrin:

And goddamn... I was just telling jingle.son how often I mis-type "on" and "in" with my iPad/iPhone.  Stupid fat thumbs.  At least the Leafs did not disappoint.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4242 on: December 19, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »
Oh so blame it on the I-Pad!

Pot calling..........
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4243 on: December 19, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
Started by finishing Sense8's 2.5 hr finale over coffee this morning.

What'd you think?

Check the Sense8 thread.  Glad they wrapped it up tidely; a tad unsatisfying in some regards; handful of disappointing things; and a few plot holes.  Overall, 7.5/10 for a series that had been a solid 9.5 up until it got cancelled.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4244 on: December 19, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »
Actually, Chad is my one non-restaurant reference, more a personal reference. I wanted someone who wasn't involved in the business in any way as more of a character reference, and he's one of my closest friends who isn't a chef, bartender, or alcoholic.

re the Portnoy/Petrucci pic- this comment was especially brilliant...
don’t like dream theater any more. To soft en to much piano. And no screeming gitaren and all drums to steril sorry Guys. No sale For me. Hi Mike.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4245 on: December 19, 2018, 10:50:06 AM »
don’t like dream theater any more. To soft en to much piano. And no screeming gitaren and all drums to steril sorry Guys. No sale For me. Hi Mike.

But, but, there's so much more whahibrido pickingant. How could one not love it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4246 on: December 19, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
Actually, Chad is my one non-restaurant reference, more a personal reference. I wanted someone who wasn't involved in the business in any way as more of a character reference, and he's one of my closest friends who isn't a chef, bartender, or alcoholic.

:hug:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4247 on: December 19, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
:hearts:

Although it seems no references will be getting called. My history at the hotel and the fact that my bro and a close friend will be my bosses are enough. Looks like I'm going straight to the interview with the owner phase.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4248 on: December 19, 2018, 11:10:01 AM »
 :metal seems like you might have this gig with those ties to your bro and close friend

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4249 on: December 19, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
Excellent RJ. You're not going to know what to do with yourself with nights/weekends/holidays off :lol Was definitely a nice aspect of leaving my dad's restaurant for an office job.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4250 on: December 19, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »

But, but, there's so much more whahibrido pickingant. How could one not love it.

I didn’t know tommy wiseau listened to DT

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4251 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »

Although it seems no references will be getting called. My history at the hotel and the fact that my bro and a close friend will be my bosses are enough. Looks like I'm going straight to the interview with the owner phase.

wait... wait... not a good one.  Sorry 'bout that.

Oh man... I'm having trouble finding THE right one... let's try

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4252 on: December 19, 2018, 01:54:46 PM »
:lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4253 on: December 19, 2018, 01:58:53 PM »
 :rollin

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4254 on: December 19, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »
That's cool... except for the lol/cringe-worthy comments.  Why can't people just be happy a couple of lifelong friends who went thru some turmoil can still remain friends.

Man you nailed it... When I saw the pic I was just glad they're getting along again and that's all.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4255 on: December 19, 2018, 04:49:27 PM »
Got a christmas card from the Situation  :lol I feel like I got celeb mail or something, also got a hand written thank you from them for the engagement party gift.  I almost wonder if this stuff would have any value.  Waiting for my thank you from the wedding.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4256 on: December 20, 2018, 05:27:54 AM »
But did he sign is "The Situation" Marc? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4257 on: December 20, 2018, 07:30:11 AM »
But did he sign is "The Situation" Marc? :lol

:lol no just Mike

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4258 on: December 20, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
 :lol

That would be too funny.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4259 on: December 20, 2018, 07:49:32 AM »
My gf and I watched last week's season finale of the Jersey Shore and there was an after show where they announced season 3 was going to happen (obviously) but no date, so it would seem sometime in 2019 I will make my MTV debut.  The after show covered a bit of the wedding so I think next season that will be a big part of the arc of the show plus him getting sentenced and sent off to jail.   :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4260 on: December 20, 2018, 08:06:23 AM »
Marc, what? Can you back up a few? Are you related to Mike or something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4261 on: December 20, 2018, 08:14:02 AM »
Marc, what? Can you back up a few? Are you related to Mike or something?

Nopw, but good family friends with his now wife's family.  We grew up on the same street together.  My entire family was at the wedding that was filmed for the show.  My MTV debut was a joke, I am hoping I am in the background though.  I was sitting in the aisle during the ceremony (my shoulder made it to US Weekly magazine) but my gf and I slow danced next to Paulie and Vinnie with cameras all around us so I think that may have been our best shot.  Also when Rob Base made his quest appearance we were outside vaping watching him come out of the lamborgini with the cameras filming that (they did like 5 takes of him walking into the venue and told us to continue to chill outside just not look at the cameras).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4262 on: December 20, 2018, 08:17:35 AM »
That's awesome. I shamefully watched every episode of the original series at least twice.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4263 on: December 20, 2018, 08:33:01 AM »
 :lol I only watched the first season then have been watching the latest seasons.

Lauren and Mike actually dated before the Jersey Shore, I first met him in the poconos when our family did a weekend together in a house there.  Just lots of drinking that weekend during winter break in 2004.  Mike actually did gym tan and laundry in the poconos.  My mom was making fun of him sooo hard for doing that, like who is going tanning in the snowy winter in PA?  Or doing laundry on a 3 night trip? And no one even knew this guy since Lauren had just started bringing him around :lol funny how that turned out to be a thing later on, but most memorable was probably smoking a blunt with him on our last night and then almost immediately puking up the bottle of wine I had drunk.  In 2004 I was a light weight.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4264 on: December 20, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »
It was a guilty pleasure of mine as well :lol

Just came out of my year end review with my boss. Excellent feedback on my performance this year, but not much of a chance of me getting a promotion. Basically, as expected  :'(
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4265 on: December 20, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
:lol I only watched the first season then have been watching the latest seasons.

Lauren and Mike actually dated before the Jersey Shore, I first met him in the poconos when our family did a weekend together in a house there.  Just lots of drinking that weekend during winter break in 2004.  Mike actually did gym tan and laundry in the poconos.  My mom was making fun of him sooo hard for doing that, like who is going tanning in the snowy winter in PA?  Or doing laundry on a 3 night trip? And no one even knew this guy since Lauren had just started bringing him around :lol funny how that turned out to be a thing later on, but most memorable was probably smoking a blunt with him on our last night and then almost immediately puking up the bottle of wine I had drunk.  In 2004 I was a light weight.

Well, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you're saying to yourself "damn, if we only had one more body here, this would be a perfect party", feel free to give me a shout.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4266 on: December 20, 2018, 09:43:34 AM »
 :lol in seriousness, I hardly ever see Lauren.  I see her parents every once in awhile but significantly less now that my parents moved.  I think the next time we will see each other will be next December when her little sister gets married.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4267 on: December 20, 2018, 10:38:01 AM »

May the Schwartz be with you!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4268 on: December 20, 2018, 12:21:50 PM »
I was informed a couple hours ago to get my December expense report in asap and include todays expenses and a lunch... and don't come in tomorrow, be online from home until 1 and then fuck off.  Some awesome news  :metal my break starts a day earlier.  Just trying to bang a few things out now that I was going to do tomorrow (nothing important) and then coasting until the day ends.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4269 on: December 20, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »