Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235570 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4165 on: December 11, 2018, 10:23:50 AM »
Good Morning Peeps!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4166 on: December 11, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »
Jay Jay!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4167 on: December 11, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4168 on: December 11, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »
DYNOMITE!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4169 on: December 11, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »
Good evening ladies and gents
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4170 on: December 11, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Bill.  Having some single grain Irish Whiskey on the rocks right now.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4171 on: December 11, 2018, 07:59:46 PM »
Bill.  Having some single grain Irish Whiskey on the rocks right now.

Nice. I'm looking forward to a Vermont trip this weekend :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4172 on: December 11, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
Hot damn. The Christmas run.  I forgot.   Same as usual?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4173 on: December 11, 2018, 09:05:10 PM »
Hot damn. The Christmas run.  I forgot.   Same as usual?

Sadly no Tree House this year. The original plan was just a same day TH trip with my cousin, but he had to bail, so I jumped in with two of my friends who are in Hill's Collected Works society and going up for pickups this weekend. Current itinerary is to leave Friday morning and hit the new Lawson's spot, Mad River Tacos for lunch, then Hill, then back to Waterbury for the night. Then Saturday we hit Hill, Parker Pie, Alchemist, Von Trapp, Doc's, and back to Waterbury. Should be a great weekend.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4174 on: December 12, 2018, 05:12:02 AM »
That new Lawson's place is beautiful.  2 beer highlights are Maple Nipple & Triple Sunshine.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4175 on: December 12, 2018, 08:12:21 AM »
Maple Nipple mmmmm
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4176 on: December 12, 2018, 08:33:34 AM »
:zydar:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4177 on: December 12, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4178 on: December 12, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »
Gahhhhhhh

What the hell is up with people not showing up for interviews? Cleared essentially the whole middle of my day because I had someone scheduled to interview this morning.  Never came in. No call. No email. Nothing. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4179 on: December 12, 2018, 12:14:31 PM »
Similar note:  I'm selling one of my pickup trucks.  I've had easily 60% of the people that say they want to look at it just dust me.   I rearranged my schedule to be at the house to meet you and you can't even drop a quick text "No can do, amigo"? 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4180 on: December 12, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »
No one cares anymore, it's all about me

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4181 on: December 12, 2018, 03:59:12 PM »
Gahhhhhhh

What the hell is up with people not showing up for interviews? Cleared essentially the whole middle of my day because I had someone scheduled to interview this morning.  Never came in. No call. No email. Nothing.

67% of all interviews didn't show up for me this year.  I kid you not.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4182 on: December 12, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
Gahhhhhhh

That's brutal.   Forget about the politics of it ("income inequality" and what not), but just the common human decency. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4183 on: December 12, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
Gahhhhhhh

I blame social media.

And also Stadler.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4184 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
His circular posting would drive people away.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4185 on: December 13, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
That new Lawson's place is beautiful.  2 beer highlights are Maple Nipple & Triple Sunshine.

Yeah, looking forward to checking out their new space for sure. Also really excited to visit Von Trapp, their lagers are *so* good.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4186 on: December 13, 2018, 11:06:24 AM »

Yeah, looking forward to checking out their new space for sure. Also really excited to visit Von Trapp, their lagers are *so* good.

I love their porch, standing in the cold, drinking beers.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4187 on: December 13, 2018, 11:21:56 AM »
ANOTHER NO SHOW. That's 2 in 2 days.

Apparently the interviewee yesterday called after I had left on Tuesday, was very rude to one of my employees, asking if driving was involved with the job. After being told that the minimum would be driving a golf cart, he said "I'm not allowed to drive, I can't do job" and hung up. My employee didn't mention to to me because she didn't realize this was the same person I had scheduled, and I didn't see her again until this morning.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4188 on: December 15, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
Happy Weekend.  I'm practically on vacation now.  About 30% of my job is responding to BS internal requests from my boss, and he's on vacation in Australia until Jan 8th.  Oh happy month!  Plus, it's quarter-end, and my role doesn't have a lot of focus on closing deal - since most of our leadership has their eye on that ball, I ain't getting pestered by them for anything. Lastly, my customer pretty much shuts down before/during/after the Christmas period, so no body from that side is bugging me for anything.  Basically, I have nothing to do.  I did about 2 hrs worth of work yesterday, and it's looking about the same on Monday.  Then, off until Jan 2nd.  :fistpump:

Gonna go see Spider-verse today, and have about 4 other movies on the docket with jingle.son (who's home from college for 3 weeks now); jingle.daughter gets home on Thursday after her last exam.

:happydance:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4189 on: December 15, 2018, 06:23:40 AM »
I woke up to a kid telling my production manager that he's giving his notice then walks out on break.

I hate humanity.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4190 on: December 15, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »
Humans conform to sturgeon's law
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4191 on: December 15, 2018, 06:47:50 AM »
Yup.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4192 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:48 AM »
I woke up to a kid telling my production manager that he's giving his notice then walks out on break.

I hate humanity.

Yeah, but do you have heat?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4193 on: December 15, 2018, 06:59:34 AM »
Gonna go see Spider-verse today, and have about 4 other movies on the docket with jingle.son (who's home from college for 3 weeks now); jingle.daughter gets home on Thursday after her last exam.

That's cool. I used to love going to the movies. But The Lovely Mrs TAC absolutely hates it! She loves Queen, so she said she wants to see that one.
The new Clint Eastwood movie looks awesome.

I just burned a week's worth of vacation time this past week. It's a use it or lose it kind of thing. Back to work Monday.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:38:29 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4194 on: December 15, 2018, 07:08:44 AM »

That's cool. I used to love going to the movies. But The Lovely Mr TAC absolutely hates it! She loves Queen, so she said she wants to see that one.

I just burned a week's worth of vacation time this past week. It's a use it or lose it kind of thing. Back to work Monday.

I'm so pleased that we've come to the point in our society where men can proudly call each other husband without fear of shame and ridicule.

Spelling, on the other hand is open warfare
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4195 on: December 15, 2018, 07:12:35 AM »

I hate humanity.

Yeah, but do you have heat?

Yeah. Every fucking week is an adventure lately.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4196 on: December 15, 2018, 07:20:36 AM »

That's cool. I used to love going to the movies. But The Lovely Mr TAC absolutely hates it! She loves Queen, so she said she wants to see that one.

I'm so pleased that we've come to the point in our society where men can proudly call each other husband without fear of shame and ridicule.

Spelling, on the other hand is open warfare

Either that, or he's having an internal battle with himself.   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4197 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »
Maybe he goes to movies to love himself ala Pee Wee Herman style.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4198 on: December 15, 2018, 07:24:12 AM »
 :lol at both of you
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4199 on: December 15, 2018, 07:39:49 AM »