Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237064 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4095 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4096 on: December 04, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
Hey gang.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4097 on: December 05, 2018, 05:06:35 AM »
Morning

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4098 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »
How goes it?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4099 on: December 05, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »
My brother went on vacation so I got the house to myself for the rest of the week, always feels so nice to get that alone time at home.  I'll probably blast a concert blu ray tonight while having a beer doing my laundry.  That's my excitement for today. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4100 on: December 05, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »
That doesn't sound half bad, though, bud. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4101 on: December 05, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »

No it does not, I'm kind of excited :lol I got my new Lacuna Coil blu-ray and she is looking fantastic so I think it'll be a fun watch and nice way to relax while getting the laundry done on a Wednesday night.  And I picked up a 6 pack of Purple Haze beer the other night too.  Here's a sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntJOEvoM78

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4102 on: December 05, 2018, 12:06:53 PM »
Seconded.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4103 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »
... always feels so nice to get that alone time at home.  I'll probably blast a concert blu ray tonight while having a beer doing my laundry.  That's my excitement for today. 

Rite??  Throw in a fap session, and that sounds like my ideal evening. Protip... do the laundry after that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4104 on: December 05, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »
Jesus christ, 2.5 weeks until my mandatory 2 week vacation and it can't come soon enough  :censored
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Adami

« Reply #4105 on: December 05, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »
You know what sucks? Applying for post-doctoral fellowship positions.

Carry on.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4106 on: December 05, 2018, 12:34:11 PM »
Chad, af your age you'd need a nap after fapping. Better get the laundry done before your 3 minutes of pleasure.

Carry on.

Better fap after applying.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4107 on: December 05, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
 :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4108 on: December 05, 2018, 12:37:26 PM »

I've heard that before, but then Mrs. P has research groups actively courting her to join their projects. Do you think the difference is because she's in Education?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4109 on: December 05, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »
Jesus christ, 2.5 weeks until my mandatory 2 week vacation and it can't come soon enough  :censored

Our company has "forced" holidays between Boxing Day (which is a Stat Holiday up here) and New Year's.  Given I still have 5 vaca days to use up, I'm gonna have a solid 2 weeks off from the 18th to the 2nd.  And like I'm going to be thinking about work much on the 17th!  Basically off from the 14th to the 2nd.

Woot, fucking Woot.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4110 on: December 05, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »
We get the week between Christmas and New Years off at work, so I am defintiely looking forward to my staycation.  My coworker used a week of vacation, plus the week at the end of the year, plus his 3 week sabatical and he's been out for a couple weeks already and wont be back till next year.  That's kind of insane how that worked out for him, sucks for me picking up his slack while he's gone.... but my sabbatical is next year so pay back is a bitch.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4111 on: December 05, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »
Interviewed a guy today who would be an awesome fit. Problem is he can't start for 2 weeks... meaning I have to keep interviewing people and try to fill it before he's able to start. FeelsBadMan.jpg

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4112 on: December 05, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »

Our company has "forced" holidays between Boxing Day (which is a Stat Holiday up here) and New Year's.  Given I still have 5 vaca days to use up, I'm gonna have a solid 2 weeks off from the 18th to the 2nd.  And like I'm going to be thinking about work much on the 17th!  Basically off from the 14th to the 2nd.

Woot, fucking Woot.

Yeah, our company has a fraud prevention thing where if your work function makes you eligible (and you get enough time off) you're required to take off two consecutive weeks at some point every year. They're strict about it too, so much as logging in remotely to check your emails would be a huge deal. This was my first year subject to the policy, and nobody told me that until like the end of July, so I have to take it over the holidays/into 2019 because I only have limited days off left. My last day will be the 21st and then I'm not back in the office until January 7th. Going to Netflix and beer so hard for two weeks :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4113 on: December 05, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »
My father has that same thing working in the financial business.  It's a nice perk, a forced two weeks away thats not vacation time.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4114 on: December 05, 2018, 02:55:42 PM »
My father has that same thing working in the financial business.  It's a nice perk, a forced two weeks away thats not vacation time.

That's the rub though, I have to use vacation time.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4115 on: December 05, 2018, 03:07:00 PM »

oh really?  My father has had this for as long as I can remember and he always made it seem like it was not against his vacation time.  I haven't asked him about that directly in who knows how long though.  That kind of stinks then to not have the option to break your vacation down from those two weeks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4116 on: December 05, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
Vacation time?

What's that?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4117 on: December 05, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »

Woot, fucking Woot.

Yeah, our company has a fraud prevention thing where if your work function makes you eligible (and you get enough time off) you're required to take off two consecutive weeks at some point every year. They're strict about it too, so much as logging in remotely to check your emails would be a huge deal. This was my first year subject to the policy, and nobody told me that until like the end of July, so I have to take it over the holidays/into 2019 because I only have limited days off left. My last day will be the 21st and then I'm not back in the office until January 7th. Going to Netflix and beer so hard for two weeks :hat

Why is that? I seem to have vague recollections of a fraud scheme that required someone to basically update numbers or something every week; is this a way of interrupting routines that may be covering up an anomaly somewhere? 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4118 on: December 05, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4119 on: December 05, 2018, 07:22:10 PM »

oh really?  My father has had this for as long as I can remember and he always made it seem like it was not against his vacation time.  I haven't asked him about that directly in who knows how long though.  That kind of stinks then to not have the option to break your vacation down from those two weeks.

Oh I get plenty more time beyond that, 22 vacation days and 6 sick days total every year. I'm just usually much more into taking a day or two here or there than longer chunks of time. I already told my parents that for next year if they want me to come on a family vacation it has to be the week before or after my homebrewers conference so I can knock out my two week leave :lol

Woot, fucking Woot.

Why is that? I seem to have vague recollections of a fraud scheme that required someone to basically update numbers or something every week; is this a way of interrupting routines that may be covering up an anomaly somewhere? 

Yeah, that's basically the idea, if you're doing something you shouldn't (or not doing something you should) and they make you stop for two consecutive weeks, they'll be able to pick up on it. They're normally very lax about tracking time off, but when it comes to your annual mandatory leave they're super on top of it.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4120 on: December 05, 2018, 07:47:29 PM »
Evening guys.

Seems like everyone is taking time off in December. Most people at my job are gone too but that's because people save their vacation time for December. I'd rather work, it's so slow that I just watch youtube all day.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4121 on: December 06, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »
Morning
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4122 on: December 06, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »
Howdy hef
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Adami

« Reply #4123 on: December 06, 2018, 01:28:09 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4124 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:34 AM »
Morning, gotta stock up on milk and bread this weekend, we are expecting snow.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4125 on: December 07, 2018, 07:31:41 AM »

damn, just checked and my weekend weather looks good, but I am doing a quick 20 hour trip to LA, the weather looks even better there.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4126 on: December 07, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »
We're getting snow this weekend.

Fuck.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4127 on: December 07, 2018, 10:50:32 AM »

Fuck.

I wish we were; all that is going south of us.   :tdwn

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4128 on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »

damn, just checked and my weekend weather looks good, but I am doing a quick 20 hour trip to LA, the weather looks even better there.

It's been pretty nice out here minus the rain... which you shall be missing.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4129 on: December 07, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

Fuck.

Yup, the grocery stores were already packed here. Need some milk bread to ride out this snow.