Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236896 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #4060 on: November 26, 2018, 12:54:10 PM »
 :lol

No good friends here so I can't do that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4061 on: November 26, 2018, 01:01:15 PM »
I'm bitching to you guys because I can't do that in front of my employees.  I don't want them to feed off of the negativity so I'll be positive in front of them.

So the week will positively blow.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4062 on: November 26, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
Yup.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4063 on: November 26, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
This week will blow.

That's what every Bruins fan is saying today.  :neverusethis:

It's go-time King/TAC.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4064 on: November 26, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
Least of my problems this week. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4065 on: November 26, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »

Definitely will be watching the game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4066 on: November 26, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
Ugh, what a shitty start to the week in the office. Hooray for my couch :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4067 on: November 26, 2018, 08:40:59 PM »
Things are slowing down finally at work. I think we have one minor release in December and we are done for the year.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4068 on: November 27, 2018, 08:08:31 AM »
I'm back at work today and solo until next year as my coworker took his sabatical, plus a week off, plus we get the last week of the year off so he's got it real good while I hold down the fort.  This is going to be a busy month.  Things are starting to change with our new overlords as well, starting with our travel and expense policy.  Looks mostly similar so far except I can fly business class for anything over 4 hours which is nice, but I may not be able to use United/IHG which means my status with them can be in jeopardy next year.  I'll have to see since I won't be booking any new travel until 2019.  Also it sounds like I'll be getting a company card and no longer able to earn those sweet credit card points I've been getting by using my own card for work expenses.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4069 on: November 27, 2018, 08:16:09 AM »
Also it sounds like I'll be getting a company card and no longer able to earn those sweet credit card points I've been getting by using my own card for work expenses.

That sucks. My father used to travel at least once a month before he retired. My mother is afraid to fly, so my dad never used any of the perks he earned. They have a hookup for a house on Cape Cod, so they never even need a hotel. In the last 6 or 7 years, with the exception of my recent trip to Ireland, my sister and I have gone (not together) on probably 8-10 vacations. We haven't had to pay for a single hotel room, flight, or rental car. That goes for the guests we brought as well. We just booked all our stuff through his Southwest, Marriott, and Enterprise accounts.

That's a pretty sweet perk for a company to offer without having to actually lose anything from their bottom line. My dad received literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of free vacationing perks. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4070 on: November 27, 2018, 08:29:40 AM »
Wow that's pretty awesome that those perks are still going for so long

I will still be able to earn the miles or hotel points since those are tied to your name, not credit card, I just don't know yet if United or IHG are preferred vendors.  I have to book through their system and use their hotels and airlines so I can't just pick like I've been doing.  Although my coworker uses a Delta card to get more miles, he won't be able to get those bonus miles anymore. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4071 on: November 28, 2018, 02:20:19 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4072 on: November 28, 2018, 04:49:57 AM »
Also it sounds like I'll be getting a company card and no longer able to earn those sweet credit card points I've been getting by using my own card for work expenses.

That sucks. My father used to travel at least once a month before he retired. My mother is afraid to fly, so my dad never used any of the perks he earned. They have a hookup for a house on Cape Cod, so they never even need a hotel. In the last 6 or 7 years, with the exception of my recent trip to Ireland, my sister and I have gone (not together) on probably 8-10 vacations. We haven't had to pay for a single hotel room, flight, or rental car. That goes for the guests we brought as well. We just booked all our stuff through his Southwest, Marriott, and Enterprise accounts.

That's a pretty sweet perk for a company to offer without having to actually lose anything from their bottom line. My dad received literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of free vacationing perks. 

My gf travels every week for work as well and the number of points she has is insane, I think she just earned executive platinum with AA. Whenever we travel I always joke that I'm always in cattle class while she is constantly upgraded to first class and hops in her presidents circle car rental. It's pretty cool.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4073 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:08 AM »
Morning, peeps.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4074 on: November 28, 2018, 07:08:31 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4075 on: November 28, 2018, 07:52:52 AM »

My gf travels every week for work as well and the number of points she has is insane, I think she just earned executive platinum with AA. Whenever we travel I always joke that I'm always in cattle class while she is constantly upgraded to first class and hops in her presidents circle car rental. It's pretty cool.

so baller, I was #25 on the upgrade list for my United flight Monday morning  :lol so not baller

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4076 on: November 28, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4077 on: November 28, 2018, 08:36:33 AM »
G'morning all.

I don't travel very often for work (though I should be getting a trip to Ireland out of it next year :D), but I wish they would let me use my own card when I did. Not surprising though that a company in the credit card business is going to make you use theirs though I guess.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4078 on: November 28, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
G'morning all.

I don't travel very often for work (though I should be getting a trip to Ireland out of it next year :D), but I wish they would let me use my own card when I did. Not surprising though that a company in the credit card business is going to make you use theirs though I guess.

That's only part of it, though.  There are discounts through the cards that corporations use, as well as insurance coverages.  I'm in trains, and I can't use a personal card (though there are ambiguities when it's not a hotel, airfare or car rental). 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4079 on: November 28, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
I traveled to Walmart once a month for work... does that count :lol

Also... good afternoon peeps!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4080 on: November 29, 2018, 07:13:52 AM »
Good morning.

Andrea Bocelli concert tonight!

Mrs. P is so excited that I'm concerned she may spontaneously happen during the show. Then I'll need to perform when we get back home... where did I put that bottle of Long Jack Natural Balance pills?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4081 on: November 29, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
 :lol someones having a good time later tonight

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4082 on: November 29, 2018, 09:37:12 AM »
Nice

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4083 on: November 29, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »

There's a joke in there somewhere, though.  :) :)

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4084 on: November 29, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »

There's a joke in there somewhere, though.  :) :)

As long as that's not what the Mrs is saying to Podaar tonight :lol 
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4085 on: November 29, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Let's hope you can hold a note like him. :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4086 on: November 29, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
I love you guys, so much!  :-*
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4087 on: November 30, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »
I just spent the last 5 or 6 hours with our company's new "Accounts Coordinator". She came up here thinking she's going to educate me on how to prevent Overtime... But I really don't think I learned ANYTHING from her. Like... She insinuated that there's a shit load of OT going out because I wasn't giving part time employees hours and cut them off... No... The reason there is so much OT is the fact that I'm severely understaffed....

It's going to be interesting working with her.

Also noteworthy: she's smoking hot. She arrived wearing a low ish cut blouse... And we spent most of the day basically face to face talking...  It was hard to not even accidently glance down.... But I prevailed! She also had like the most beautiful eyes. Holy shit. But she also seems like someone you don't want to piss off.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4088 on: December 02, 2018, 04:38:41 PM »
What a weekend. Flew out to Chicago yesterday morning with Nick and Jen, met up with Splent and hit a couple breweries, got some delicious Chicago deep dish casserole, and then saw the last Haken/Leprous/Bent Knee show of the tour. Got up this morning and spent more time at O'Hare aiport than anticipated because of a plane delay, but now I'm home and brewing a batch of oatmeal stout.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4089 on: December 02, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
Brewing? Damn Bill, I'd be gassed!

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4090 on: December 02, 2018, 09:13:15 PM »
I'm sure I'll be yawning at my desk tomorrow :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4091 on: December 03, 2018, 04:42:17 AM »
Morning guys. Didn't get any sleep last night. Going to be a long day.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4092 on: December 04, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »
Hey hey my my

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4093 on: December 04, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »
What up Heferino?!

Blob, get your but in here.  What's shakin' down under these days?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4094 on: December 04, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »
Chillin'