Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236951 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3990 on: November 21, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
Bit of both. I shouldn't say it... but I also like watching people wonder :lol

She came in. Was really sweet. Called me sweetie and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

So, compared to the public persona, hot or not? 

My guess:  Salt and/or Peppa.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3991 on: November 21, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
It's pretty obviously T-Boz.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3992 on: November 21, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
She's the only female in the musical group she's a part of...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

« Reply #3993 on: November 21, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »

Geddy Lee?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3994 on: November 21, 2018, 08:36:09 PM »

Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)?  (I'm pushing the boundaries of "relevant", though)
Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads)? 
Debbie Harry (Blondie)?  (And if so, I reiterate my question; I saw a live video of them from a couple years ago and was BLOWN AWAY that Debbie Harry was 70.   I was actually lusting over a 70-year old.)
Shirley Manson (Garbage). (Same without the creepy and embarrassing "70 year old" part).

Online Adami

« Reply #3995 on: November 21, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »
Gwen Staffani?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3996 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »
Gwen Staffani?

If that's so, no doubt Jay's gotta a staff goin too.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3997 on: November 21, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
I'd holla back...
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3998 on: November 21, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I wish. Apparently my dad has a closet crush on Gwen. Like when we cleaned out his apartment after his death,  we found like a shrine to her.

Think more hip hop ish.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3999 on: November 21, 2018, 10:04:04 PM »
Fergie
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4000 on: November 22, 2018, 12:12:49 AM »
Lauryn Hill?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4001 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:13 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4002 on: November 22, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »
Ed Sheeran.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4003 on: November 22, 2018, 06:53:35 AM »
RuPaul
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4004 on: November 22, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4005 on: November 22, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
shut up just shut up shut up

Happy Thanksgiving DTF  :yarr

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4006 on: November 22, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »
Happy thanksgiving guys!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4007 on: November 23, 2018, 04:58:15 AM »
Morning guys. Yesterday really took the cake as far as Thanksgivings go. I don't think the in-laws will be coming back soon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4008 on: November 23, 2018, 05:28:49 AM »
Morning guys. Yesterday really took the cake as far as Thanksgivings go. I don't think the in-laws will be coming back soon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4009 on: November 23, 2018, 06:10:56 AM »
oh yes please  :lol you got to tell the story now

We had a bit of our own shit show here in Jacksonville, my parents bought a used golf cart and after some drinks the 5 of us went out for a ride around the neighborhood and it broke down about 1.5 miles from the house  :lol leaving us to push it somewhere safe and walking home.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:31:19 AM by cramx3 »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4010 on: November 23, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »
kid no calls/ no shows.   These kids, i just don't get them.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4011 on: November 23, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
Alright so here we go!

My gf’s parents are all around miserable people, they are super hard to please and are alwaysbglass half empty. Their daughter, my gfs younger sister, is the same.

So yesterday my gfs sister arrives to our house for thanksgiving and gets into an argument with her mom because her mom made apple pie and she made an apple crisp. Ridiculous, I know. So later they might my gfs mom is still pouting because her daughter yelled at her for making an apple pie so while throwing herself a pity party she decides they (the parents) are going to leave Friday morning because they feel unwelcome (instead of staying the weekend. This erupts into another huge argument that lasted about an hour andnkn the end her parents left at 8pm. They stormed out of the house with their suitcases and drove off. I sat back and drank the entire time. Bother parties (sister and parents) are to blame because they are both a like. They love seeing themselves as victims and the most unlucky humans to walk the earth.

I’m glad they left but I alsonwont be doing any holidays with either of them anymore. This is how every holiday turns out to be, screaming and crying. I’m over it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4012 on: November 23, 2018, 08:15:50 AM »
So you have a bat shit crazy in-laws like I do Reap.  I feel your pain.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4013 on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:56 AM »
Geeze like what's the point? Why let apple pie ruin thanksgiving

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4014 on: November 23, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »
I'm more important than you are.  It's about me.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4015 on: November 23, 2018, 08:38:04 AM »
I'm more important than you are.  It's about me.

Everybody already knows that about you King... no need to rub it in!!!   :lol

Families are the worst sometimes.  I wish I had a r.ship with my families that some do (eg, King and his bro), but I'm not about to roll over and let people behave however they want in order to try and appease them.  I could write a dissertation on the problems with my brother and father.  We threw in the towel quite some time ago - I haven't spoke with by brother since March of '17; and other than a couple of emails with my dad about his savings for jingle.kids' schooling, nothing with him since August of '17.

Mrs.jingle is even more disenchanted with her siblings and father.  We're a pretty tight-knit foursome, and have learned to make that the best for us.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4016 on: November 23, 2018, 08:43:15 AM »
All bow to the King! :lol

My brother and i have different opinions and views all the time but we do not let that turn in pettiness and bad behavior.  I'm glad for that.  He's softened up big time with the birth of his son.  I'm makes my tear up seeing the job he has with his son.

My wife's side is very vindictive as Chad has heard in our conversations.  I will never treat a good person poorly like I've seen firsthand.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4017 on: November 23, 2018, 09:19:19 AM »
Good Morning Peeps.

I think yesterday was the calmest Thanksgiving I've had in years. My girlfriend's Dad's girlfriend is out of the country, and her son is out traveling somewhere as well, so it was just the 3 of us (my gf, her dad, and myself). We just sat around eating cold ham, chips and dip, turkey, and potato salad while watching movies on her dad's 75 inch 4k LED tv. Black Panther, Unforgiven and one other.  It was nice. I just wish I didn't have work today so I could have stayed later and finished the last movie we were watching.

I am far from a fan of big family gatherings (I really hate the Holidays). I always seem like an afterthought for family gatherings.. like my aunt invited me over to her house on Thanksgiving morning by commenting on a FB post I made about Thanksgiving.  Happens every year.

Thought I had one on Wednesday. This new guy was supposed to be in at 10pm Wed night for graveyard training. He didn't come in until 11. He told me he didn't realize he was supposed to be in at 10, as the normal grave shift starts at 11. I had explained to him the day before that my night lead works from 9p-530a, and I wanted him there to work with him. I even made a schedule for him and gave it to him that reflects this. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4018 on: November 23, 2018, 10:07:40 AM »
Just got the word he was arrested. Since it's the Holiday weekend he's locked up until Monday.  Who knows what for.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4019 on: November 23, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »
Just got the word he was arrested. Since it's the Holiday weekend he's locked up until Monday.  Who knows what for.

oi

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4020 on: November 23, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
What a great last two days it's been. Thanksgiving was awesome, we had the entirety of my mom's family under the same roof for the first time in probably 5 years, and including the babies two of my cousins had celebrating their first Thanksgiving it was 29 of us (plus my hosting aunt's in-laws who we've known for a long time). My uncle who was hosting does not mess around when it comes to food/drink, so among the highlights were a prime rib that was cooked sous vide to perfection, a deep fried turkey, a giant tray of delicious stuffing, and earlier in the day an entire cured pork leg that was mounted up for on demand sliced prosciutto. There was also a 6L bottle of a really nice 2007 cabernet waiting on the table for us when we got there, poor bottle didn't even last until dinner was ready :hat :lol Then today I was up early and in the city for a Black Friday beer release. Bottles on sale at 9am, then I went off to get breakfast, then back for a bunch of special keg tappings at noon. Made it home mid afternoon and then napped until family from my dad's side came over for dinner. More eating, drinking, and general merriment followed.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4021 on: November 24, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
Do you know what you need today?

HEAVY METAL ORGAN!!!  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXuIY-cynwE

Check their channel, lot of classic songs!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4022 on: November 24, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »

Some people really can't grasp the idea of showing up to work every day and showing up on time.

We have a guy at work who was recently told that he needs to get better at not calling in so much.  I looked at the work calendar and he has 11 call-ins this year :eek :eek :eek :eek

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4023 on: November 24, 2018, 07:52:39 AM »
Yea I can't believe people can't show up either. It doesn't get any better at corporate either. We have a woman who works with us who is always at least 30 minutes late, usually an hour. She has been spoken to many, many times about it but she still doesn't give a fuck.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4024 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:42 AM »
I get paid by the hour, if I dont show up I dont get paid. If that's not enough incentive to go to work, I'm not sure how to help you.