Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235489 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3955 on: November 18, 2018, 06:26:05 AM »
Morning dudes.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3956 on: November 18, 2018, 06:43:04 AM »
morning bois

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3957 on: November 18, 2018, 06:46:42 AM »
Morning. Just had a nice breakfast.   Were going to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie then food shopping.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3958 on: November 18, 2018, 06:50:17 AM »
My gf is still sleeping but she has a midterm due tonight so I think once she wakes up she has to leave to go work on that all day, which I guess means I will just be chilling home all day

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3959 on: November 18, 2018, 06:56:07 AM »
I didn't know the new fantastic beasts movie was out. I'm going to take my dog to the vet for his yearly check up, hit up waffle house, and then spend the afternoon cleaning because my inlaws are coming tomorrow :(

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3960 on: November 18, 2018, 08:37:29 AM »
G'morning all. Just woke up because I was playing Overwatch until 4am :lol Need to start in on some cleaning soon because we'll have house guests from Tuesday until Friday, hopefully also with some time for football in the afternoon. Then I'll have a few friends over for pizza and beer and WWE Survivor Series tonight :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3961 on: November 18, 2018, 09:11:27 AM »
Oh man I was thinking of booting up some overwatch tonight. It’s been a long time. I heard there was a massive patch coming out soon.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3962 on: November 18, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Yeah, they just released another new hero and made some other tweaks. I got in with a group of people I sometimes play with around 12:45am and we just went on a roll in arcade/quick play. Too much fun when you've got a good team to roll with.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3963 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
Howdy gents!

Gonna ask a favor. Figured I'd put it here since only like 6 people go to the musicians forum.

Does anyone know a female singer/screamer that I could hire to sing on 3 song LP of mine? Looking for someone along the lines of Jinjer or The Agonist (Vicky, not sexy blue hair girl). Location doesn't matter a ton. Singing in a neutral accent is also helpful.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3964 on: November 18, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
Howdy gents!

Gonna ask a favor. Figured I'd put it here since only like 6 people go to the musicians forum.

Does anyone know a female singer/screamer that I could hire to sing on 3 song LP of mine? Looking for someone along the lines of Jinjer or The Agonist (Vicky, not sexy blue hair girl). Location doesn't matter a ton. Singing in a neutral accent is also helpful.

That Jinjer girl is the real deal, at least her normal vocals.   I'm not a growl-guy by any stretch, and don't get me wrong, even hers are unlistenable to me, but at least she can sing, and plus she looks hot doing it (except for the gauges). 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3965 on: November 18, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »
You could hire my The Lovely Mrs TAC who turns into the Jinjer chick whenever she rides in the car I'm driving.

SloROROROROROROw DoROROROROROROOROROwn.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3966 on: November 19, 2018, 06:07:24 AM »
How do you guys do your laundry?

I never understood people complaining about clothes lasting a very short time before getting ripped or discolored because it just never happened to me. But through repeated comments I realized people think of air-drying as a big pain in the ass. I don't air-dry all of my clothes, but most of them I do and to me it's really not a pain in the ass at all! I was raised that way and never even had a dryer until I moved to Norway? I have a really small place here but a portable hamper really doesn't take up much space either.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3967 on: November 19, 2018, 07:55:07 AM »
I have a washer and dryer in the basement, I just use tie pods and then the dryer.  I used to have to dress more formal for work and I would air dry and iron those clothes, but since I just wear jeans and t-shirts I don't really do anything special.  Jeans I don't even wash often, you aren't supposed to, unless I spill or make a mess of them. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3968 on: November 19, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
I have a washer and dryer in the basement, I just use tie pods and then the dryer.  I used to have to dress more formal for work and I would air dry and iron those clothes, but since I just wear jeans and t-shirts I don't really do anything special.  Jeans I don't even wash often, you aren't supposed to, unless I spill or make a mess of them.
This, pretty much.

BTW, Good morning everyone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3969 on: November 19, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
Good morning peeps.

Hired someone finally. This guy seems a tad off, and I waited a week and a half after interviewing before hiring him because I wanted to see what other candidates would bring to the table.

There were no other candidates. Dumbass me set it up so he starts training today. I've got to deal with Payroll and making the schedule for NEXT month... so I am having my partner today (who happens to be my best friend) train him. He's not happy about it, but he's my bitch so he can't say now :lol

I never understood people complaining about clothes lasting a very short time before getting ripped or discolored because it just never happened to me. But through repeated comments I realized people think of air-drying as a big pain in the ass. I don't air-dry all of my clothes, but most of them I do and to me it's really not a pain in the ass at all! I was raised that way and never even had a dryer until I moved to Norway? I have a really small place here but a portable hamper really doesn't take up much space either.

I wash all my shit together (except whites... which I wear so infrequently that I only wash once in a while..) and throw it all in the dryer, except for my shirts. I am fat... and my shirts always shrink... so now I try to hang dry all of my non shrunken shirts... which is a pain in the ass.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3970 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
This, pretty much.

BTW, Good morning everyone.

I do the same. I used to hang dry all my clothes when I was in Florida but I don’t do that anymore.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3971 on: November 20, 2018, 12:01:52 AM »

Separate whites from colors (and if you're feeling really fancy, dark colors from bright colors) and wash each load. I've used machines my whole life, and I don't usually air dry things unless the garment in question specifically requires it. I don't have any reservations about air-drying, but I suppose it's just not something I grew up doing.

Back when I was living in Australia, I knew lots of people who air-dried most things, but here in the states (Utah, at least) clotheslines are a rare sight indeed, especially if the house is of more modern design. In fact, the only example I can think of is my great-grandmother's house, and I think she even eventually used machines. So, it could be an entirely regional thing.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3972 on: November 20, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »
We have foldable racks to dry clothes on.  Mostly shirts so they don't shrink from the dryer.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3973 on: November 20, 2018, 07:56:27 AM »
We have foldable racks to dry clothes on.  Mostly shirts so they don't shrink from the dryer.

It was often a time issue, but until I remarried (dogs!) I would air dry whatever I could.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3974 on: November 20, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »

Yea, I have the foldable racks for when needed.

My old man neighbor has a clothes line outside and it's funny seeing his tighty whities hanging out there on weekends.

Also, I seperate the whites and darks, I didn't think that needed to be stated, but maybe some do wash everything together? 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3975 on: November 20, 2018, 08:06:29 AM »

My old man neighbor has a clothes line outside and it's funny seeing his tighty whities hanging out there on weekends.

I don't live near you. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3976 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:06 AM »

I don't live near you.

He said tighty whiteys, not loosey brownies.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3977 on: November 20, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »

It was often a time issue, but until I remarried (dogs!) I would air dry whatever I could.   

We had a line from our porch to a tree but when our biggest tree hit the house, that line was c'est la vie.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3978 on: November 21, 2018, 09:07:35 AM »
Good morning folks and happy American Thanksgiving Eve!

The staffing month from hell continues. Had to let a full time employee go after receiving photos from our client of him sleeping on the job on several occasions... while I tried to get this new hired trained. Now I have to go back on the hunt for more hires.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3979 on: November 21, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »

The staffing month from hell continues. Had to let a full time employee go after receiving photos from our client of him sleeping on the job on several occasions... while I tried to get this new hired trained. Now I have to go back on the hunt for more hires.

Welcome to my world.   3 years running.  I haven't been fully staffed since 2015.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3980 on: November 21, 2018, 11:16:38 AM »

Welcome to my world.   3 years running.  I haven't been fully staffed since 2015.

I am also losing another full time (really good) employee mid December.  *pounds head into wall*

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3981 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:42 AM »
Shit, that sucks.

What's going on, peeps?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3982 on: November 21, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »
Work let us go early  :metal  I've been home getting shit done, heading to Jacksonville soon to go to my parents until Monday morning.  Looking forward to getting away and just relaxing down there.  It's just my older sis and her husband going so should be just a calm weekend in better weather.  Maybe I should buy a book at the airport, didn't even think about that until just now since this will be a quiet 4 days for me.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3983 on: November 21, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »
I just got home from work from leaving early too. I actually love going into work around the holidays because of how quiet it is in the office.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3984 on: November 21, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
Apparently a very famous pop artist is staying on my property for Thanksgiving. Gotta make sure my guys are on point this week :metal

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3985 on: November 21, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »
Apparently a very famous pop artist is staying on my property for Thanksgiving. Gotta make sure my guys are on point this week :metal

How famous.  Like Boy George famous, or Rick Astley famous?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3986 on: November 21, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Think female and still possibly relevant. Solo and group.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3987 on: November 21, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
Think female and still possibly relevant. Solo and group.

Is it T-Boz?!?!?

Are you under confidentiality that you can't tell us or do you just want to see Jingle struggle? I'm good either way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3988 on: November 21, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »
Bit of both. I shouldn't say it... but I also like watching people wonder :lol

She came in. Was really sweet. Called me sweetie and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3989 on: November 21, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
Bit of both. I shouldn't say it... but I also like watching people wonder :lol

She came in. Was really sweet. Called me sweetie and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

Give her the ol' ariich and sex her later
Photobucket sucks.