Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233536 times)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3920 on: November 14, 2018, 09:03:43 AM »
It's his job! Because every previous dog I've ever had would kill rats and he just sat there in the doorway and watched. Laughing.

Sagan's a big chicken. When he sees or hears them he'll bark and raise his hackles but he won't go after them.

Pretty soon you'll have "beelions and beelions" of mice.   Yay!

:lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3921 on: November 14, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3922 on: November 14, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
If it is mice you wish for your dog to catch, you must first invent the universe.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3923 on: November 15, 2018, 07:18:12 AM »
 :lol

Oh, and it's not mice, it's rats. Big fucking rats.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3924 on: November 15, 2018, 07:25:33 AM »
That is a master to pizza eating turtles.  AMIRITE?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3925 on: November 15, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
Hi-ho
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3926 on: November 15, 2018, 10:23:42 AM »
Howdy all!
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3927 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
Good morning from Fiery Southern California

How goes it peeps?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3928 on: November 15, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »
Not bad. Definitely just trying to make it through work tomorrow and then there is much fun and merriment on the docket for this weekend through next weekend.

You?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3929 on: November 15, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »
About the same. Dealing with the usual drama at work while periodically checking in on the newest fire near me.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3930 on: November 15, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
Just had our office Thanksgiving potluck.

I am severely bloated right now.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3931 on: November 15, 2018, 05:31:31 PM »
Well it's practically gridlock. I've been in m car for 2.5 hours and have gone a mile from work. I'm wondering if I'll make it home or die in my car waiting. Cars are in the wrong lane trying to get around the gridlock which made it even worse. The guy behind me got out to piss but because of the traffic and snow had little room to work leaving me with a clear view of his dick and piss from my mirror. This is the worst commute ever. I'd consider goong back to work but it's not even possible.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3932 on: November 15, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »
Holy shit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3933 on: November 15, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »
Was just coming in here to say that I've never seen this little snow cause this much chaos here. Granted, New Jersey isn't quite one of the battle hardened New England states when it comes to snow, but we're not North Carolina either (no offense hef) where a little bit of snow shuts the entire state down. Thankfully the train commute for me wasn't that bad, but there were people getting off the train with me at 7:30 who had been trying to get home since 3:30.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3934 on: November 15, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
I made it back to work.  Didn't move for the last hour but at least the wrong way traffic had cleared up which allowed me to make a k turn to turn around and go abck that one mile.  I had to pee so bad and im pretty hungry.  I've got plenty of food here so I'm bunkering down for awhile.  As I pulled in, another guy who works here pulled in and did the exact same thing as me. 

As for the snow, it looks like about 3 or 4 inches so 1.5 isn't giving credit but I do agree, this amount of snow should not have done this much damage, but the state was not prepared at all and didn't do anything to help the roads knowing a storm was coming.  There's been over 400 accidents I just read, and that was posted as of 4:30pm.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3935 on: November 15, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »
Glad you made it somewhere warm and with food.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3936 on: November 15, 2018, 07:29:22 PM »
Glad you made it somewhere warm and with food.

I feel fortunate I had that option compared to the rest of the people stuck on the road.  I was starting to feel claustrophobic when my car was trapped for awhile.  According to google, traffic looks to have died down a bit already but still not very good.  I'm thinking maybe another hour and I can try again.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3937 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »
Was just coming in here to say that I've never seen this little snow cause this much chaos here. Granted, New Jersey isn't quite one of the battle hardened New England states when it comes to snow, but we're not North Carolina either (no offense hef) where a little bit of snow shuts the entire state down. Thankfully the train commute for me wasn't that bad, but there were people getting off the train with me at 7:30 who had been trying to get home since 3:30.

But Axe, the problem was just as bad here in CT.  I-95 was a parking lot, and in one section of the state, a normal 20-minute drive allegedly took 4 hours.  C'mon.  For five inches of snow, in CONNECTICUT?    Should be a hanging curve-ball.   A 22-yard field goal.   An open net goal. 

Glad you all are safe, though, regardless. 

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3938 on: November 16, 2018, 07:12:54 AM »
Glad to know it wasn't just us I guess :lol Hope you didn't have too much of a problem yesterday.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3939 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:36 AM »
I made it home around 11:15pm last night.  What a shit show this week has been.  I'm calling it now, Rutgers is going to upset Penn State tomorrow and just hammer the nail into my coffin.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3940 on: November 16, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Really looking forward to this weekend.

Mrs. P is adopted, but through the science of DNA (23&Me, Ancestry.com) she's had a pretty amazing year of discovery; finding and engaging with blood relatives (she's estranged from her adopted family). Well, today, she is picking up her half-sister from the airport who is going to stay with us over the weekend. They've corresponded before but have never met face to face. I'm very happy for my wife and am fascinated to see how the encounter goes.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3941 on: November 16, 2018, 08:27:04 AM »
That's pretty crazy and cool that they were able to connect

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3942 on: November 16, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »

Mrs. P is adopted, but through the science of DNA (23&Me, Ancestry.com) she's had a pretty amazing year of discovery; finding and engaging with blood relatives (she's estranged from her adopted family). Well, today, she is picking up her half-sister from the airport who is going to stay with us over the weekend. They've corresponded before but have never met face to face. I'm very happy for my wife and am fascinated to see how the encounter goes.

That is awesome.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3943 on: November 16, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »

Oh Ancestry.com

I was given a test kit for my birthday this year, as I have always wanted to know more about my paternal grandfather, as HE died before I was born (and my dad didn't speak to him after he turned like 18). My grandmother died in '05 and my dad in '09, and since they were the only people who would have been able to fill me in on my heritage, and I didn't give a shit till recently.. I was kinda left in the dark.

I took the test... and found out that I am NOT related to my dad's relatives his sisters are half sisters... but they and my cousins should all show up in my list. They don't. I had them check their lists as well. Nothing. So instead of learning more about my rich German history which I grew up thinking I had, I am not German at all. Nor was my father my father. 

I did, however, match with my best friend's aunt... making he and I like 8th cousins or something.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:08:01 PM by JayOctavarium »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3944 on: November 16, 2018, 01:14:48 PM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3945 on: November 16, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »
It's not really my story to tell, but I know my best friend did his Ancestry, and was shocked to find his real dad.   It was quite a story, since it exposed some... misdirection on the part of his mom (who raised him, and led him to believe another man, who gave him his last name, was his dad).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:21:56 PM by Stadler »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3946 on: November 16, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Welcome to Mercy Falls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3947 on: November 16, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
as I died before I was born

Were you aborted??  :lol

I took the test... and found out that I am NOT related to my dad's relatives (his sisters are half sisters... but they and my cousins should all show up in my list. They don't. I had them check their lists as well. Nothing. So instead of learning more about my rich German history which I grew up thinking I had, I am not German at all. Nor was my father my father. 

Wow!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3948 on: November 16, 2018, 03:07:13 PM »
as I died before I was born

Were you aborted??  :lol

I took the test... and found out that I am NOT related to my dad's relatives (his sisters are half sisters... but they and my cousins should all show up in my list. They don't. I had them check their lists as well. Nothing. So instead of learning more about my rich German history which I grew up thinking I had, I am not German at all. Nor was my father my father. 

Wow!

FIXED IT :lol

Yea. I have spent the last couple months trying to build up the courage to ask my mother about it.  It really threw my sense of self identity out of whack.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3949 on: November 16, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »
Still, I can't imagine what that would be like. You should ask. I mean, you've already gotten the jarring news.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3950 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
Still, I can't imagine what that would be like. You should ask. I mean, you've already gotten the jarring news.

I am holding off more for her mental health than mine. She is very... unstable... and I can't fathom what would happen if I bring it up.

My parents were never a thing. I was always believed I was the product of a random hookup or something. It is very possible that my mother didn't know for sure and went with the best option for me. The ONLY family of mine that knows about this are my aunt and cousins. My aunt called me immediately when she was made aware and told me that when I was born, my dad pulled her aside and said he had a feeling that I wasn't biologically his... but that didn't matter to him. That made me tear up. He'll always be (will have been?) my father. I have ZERO interest in learning about who my biological father is. 

This is actually the first time I have spoken publicly ish about this, as I have been afraid of what would happen if my Step Mother and my sister found out.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3951 on: November 17, 2018, 12:05:02 AM »
Wow Jay, that's heavy.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3952 on: November 18, 2018, 04:59:29 AM »
Morning  chumps.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3953 on: November 18, 2018, 05:20:53 AM »
Who you calling chump, chump?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3954 on: November 18, 2018, 05:42:42 AM »
This king chump can call you all out. Come at me chump.  :lol