Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237209 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3745 on: October 30, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
I'm not a fan of artificial, but I couldn't date her anyway.  I can't date anyone that can't figure out how to take a picture without the camera blocking half the subject matter. 

(And I hope you know I'm kidding around about all of this; I know you have a GF.)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3746 on: October 30, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
oh of course, it's all for fun.  And I agree, I don't get it with the mirror selfie phone issue.  Like I almost think it's part of a fashion statement to have the phone cover your face.  Which I don't get, but I don't get fashion either. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3747 on: October 31, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Good Morning peeps.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3748 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:42 AM »
Morning, looking forward to the day ending since it's like a Friday for me.  What's this weeks shit show at work Jay?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3749 on: October 31, 2018, 10:13:38 AM »
Morning, looking forward to the day ending since it's like a Friday for me.  What's this weeks shit show at work Jay?

Let's see...

Had a full time guy decide to try and fail to split his time between working here and working somewhere that was going to pay him better. He tried for a few weeks and kept letting shit slip here... and then dropped all together to focus on the other job. A week later they cut his hours and he wants to come back. I'll take him back with open arms (already discussed with MY boss), but I am waiting for him to give me a goddamn answer.

Then had another full time guy text me on Friday night and tell me he picked up a new job and is starting immediately. He was scheduled to work on Sat and Sunday. He then came by on Monday to return his uniforms... and then texting me yesterday asking if he could come back.  That won't be happening.

My night lead also has decided he wants to take time off this month with very little heads up. He took last night off, and had it covered... which isnt an issue, but now is leaving for a week next week. When I told him I can't give it to him, he just gave me shit, telling me he already booked his tickets for whatever he's doing.  I can't do much about it... as I am already super understaffed, and can't afford to fire him or have him quit.

I am trying to hire people, but no one wants to work for $12/hr. 

I also have a guy who works 2 days a week, and throws a fit if I try to schedule him for more, or move his schedule around (He works Wed and Thurs nights... no other jobs).  Again, I can't do much because I have no one else to work.

This is on top of having one of my most reliable guys still out, after collapsing at work last month and getting diagnosed with some form of cancer.

I am literally sitting here looking at a blank schedule, trying to figure out how the fuck November is going to work.

We also had a full blown residential burglary on Sunday... so on top all of the personnel issues, I've had to spend almost 2 days working on the investigation and piecing together the incident.  Whenever something like this happens, I get the beat supervisor and the district coordinator with PD coming in and out of my office working with me on it, as this is the most "upper class" community in the city. These guys have my phone number. I talk to them almost as much as my own boss.

I swear I need to start drinking at work.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3750 on: November 02, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
Same issues Jay.  I just had 3 guys move on.  it amazes me how they burn bridges going out.  Only one did the right thing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3751 on: November 02, 2018, 10:54:50 AM »
Well there was a choreographed dance with the Jersey shore guys and rob base came out and sung it takes two with the band and had pyros going off. That was a fun night. Really odd with all the cameras and no phones though. I'm expecting to be in some shots when they air this since I made sure to be in the background  :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3752 on: November 02, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
Hello everyone! I haven't been here in a while, good to see the same old faces hanging out.

How are y'all?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3753 on: November 02, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »
Scorp!  How are you?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3754 on: November 02, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
I'm good! A lot has happened since I was here last, but I'm pretty happy. Still happy with my studies, work, have a girlfriend again... not much to complain about (not that I want to).

How are you king?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3755 on: November 02, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »
I had heart issues earlier in the year. Not slowing me down though.  I'm on meds.  Otherwise damn good.

Seeing Haken Sunday on my wife's birthday and hanging with Nick. Axeman,  JustJen and Rumborak at the show.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3756 on: November 02, 2018, 12:26:17 PM »
TOMMY BOY!!!!  Guess you answered the call of 'who's next' as far as 2-year hiatus's coming back.  First Cedar, then Dark Castle, now you. 

If AndyDT posts, I'm gonna shart myself.

Nice to 'see' you.

@King... give my regrets to everyone

for having to suffer thru Haken.  :neverusethis:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3757 on: November 02, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »
 :lol

Oh I will.  Lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3758 on: November 02, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
Hey Chad! How's things for you? (also my hiatus was only one and a half years, how dare you)

Good to hear that the heart issues aren't slowing you down, King. :tup

Haken's gonna be great. Enjoy that!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3759 on: November 02, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
Evening dudes

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3760 on: November 02, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
Hey Chad! How's things for you? (also my hiatus was only one and a half years, how dare you)

Well, in the last 18 months since you departed us .... I started work again; jingle.kids are both off in post-secondary school; we bought a house and will be moving in March; we'll be listing our current house in the next 10 days.  I also bought tix for Ayreon ITEC for next September, but won't be determined until the spring whether or not we plan a Euro vacation around it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3761 on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:47 PM »
Hey Jingle how is the not so new job working out for you?

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3762 on: November 03, 2018, 02:02:41 AM »

Well, in the last 18 months since you departed us .... I started work again; jingle.kids are both off in post-secondary school; we bought a house and will be moving in March; we'll be listing our current house in the next 10 days.  I also bought tix for Ayreon ITEC for next September, but won't be determined until the spring whether or not we plan a Euro vacation around it.

Damn, that really is a lot that has happened. Good luck on the house, dude. :tup

What are you working as? And what are the kids doing (I'm assuming that post-secondary school is like college? If not, ignore me.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:47:22 AM by Scorpion »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3763 on: November 03, 2018, 04:45:10 AM »
@ Scrop... you are correct.  I specifically say 'post-secondary', because jingle.daughter is in University, and jingle.son is in College (there's a distinction here in Canada between the two).  Daughter is in a concurrent education program, will come out with two degrees - B.A. and B.Ed.  Son is in an Arts program, and looking to get a B.Animation.

Re: the job ... love my team, love my work (I'm an Alliance Director in a $3B software company), love my team-mates.  My boss is a nice guy, but an absolute pussy and twat sometimes, and a terrible "manager'.  The company culture and our leadership .... bizarre, bordering on toxic.  Fundamental lack of trust, leaders that insist on controlling things and people they have no place controlling, and no knowledge of how the job is/should be done.  Other things that are hard to put into words in a way that anyone outside the business/industry can understand, but there's just a lot of very annoying 'noise' that distracts a lot of people from effectively doing their jobs successfully.  Sometimes it's an outright gong-show.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3764 on: November 03, 2018, 06:29:05 AM »
Well it's good to hear that there are a lot of things you do love about the job, how does it compare culture wise to your last job?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3765 on: November 03, 2018, 06:45:53 AM »
Well it's good to hear that there are a lot of things you do love about the job, how does it compare culture wise to your last job?

Current culture sucks ass.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3766 on: November 03, 2018, 07:34:30 AM »
@ Scrop... you are correct.  I specifically say 'post-secondary', because jingle.daughter is in University, and jingle.son is in College (there's a distinction here in Canada between the two).  Daughter is in a concurrent education program, will come out with two degrees - B.A. and B.Ed.  Son is in an Arts program, and looking to get a B.Animation.

Interesting. If you don't mind explaining, what's the difference between college and university in Canada?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3767 on: November 03, 2018, 08:19:42 AM »

Interesting. If you don't mind explaining, what's the difference between college and university in Canada?

I don't.  For the most part, Universities offer 4-year Degrees, as well as post-grad work (Masters / PhD).  Colleges are usually 2 and 3 year certificate courses.  Many of them offer some courses that have 4-year degrees, but by-and-large it's 2 or 3 year certificates that graduates walk away from.  Typically, colleges offer courses and topics of study that help prepare people for real work / jobs, where Universities provide students with more professional education/study experience.  Not sure if that explains things, or makes it more confusing.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3768 on: November 03, 2018, 08:47:08 AM »
I remember discovering this difference with my Canadian buddy. Typically junior colleges are the only ones that offer 2 year degrees in the states but most are now offering full 4 year degrees

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3769 on: November 04, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

Technically, there is a difference here in the States too, though I can't promise that EVERY institution follows it.  Technically speaking, a college offers you a bachelors degree (and possibly a Masters or PhD), but there is only one degree available.  So you go to college and everyone who graduates gets the same degree (bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts).   A university is comprised of several "colleges", meaning you can get different degrees.  At my alma mater, University of Connecticut, I graduated from the School of Engineering with a Bachelor of Science.  Some people can get a Bachelor of... I forget if it's arts or sciences (I'd guess "Science") but from the School of Business.  Others can get a Bachelor of Arts from the College of Liberal Arts.  I don't remember how many schools comprise Uconn, it's as many as 8 or 10, more if you count the Law School and Medical School.   

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3770 on: November 06, 2018, 06:16:27 AM »
Morning. Had a little too much to drink while traveling, feeling not so great right now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3771 on: November 06, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
What's up, bitches?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3772 on: November 06, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
License and registration please.  You are you you say you are sir?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3773 on: November 06, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »
You are you you say you are sir?
Fuck if I know?   :rollin

Some things never change.  Love you, King!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3774 on: November 06, 2018, 03:12:56 PM »
Did the forum go through a wormhole and come out in 2016? 

What's up hef?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3775 on: November 06, 2018, 03:48:59 PM »
You are you you say you are sir?
Fuck if I know?   :rollin

Some things never change.  Love you, King!

Love you too Hef. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3776 on: November 06, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »
What's up Hef?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3777 on: November 06, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »
'Sup fellas. It's been too long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3778 on: November 06, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
'Sup fellas. It's been too long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3779 on: November 06, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
Hefty Hefington!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"