Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237291 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3605 on: September 28, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »
I am so glad it is Friday.

Got to work yesterday morning to find that a vehicle was stolen from an unsecured area the property. Spent most of my day working with PD on the investigation.

Found out this morning that a bike was stolen from our property the day before. From the secured area. Not as much of a big deal as the vehicle, except for the fact that *we* missed it.

Here's the thing: The stolen vehicle belonged to someone who owned a business, and just recently fired one of his employees. This employee was one of the few people who had the "pin" code to get into the truck, and the owner LEAVES THE KEY IN THE TRUCK."

The stolen bike was not locked to anything, and even though it was in the secured area (behind a gate), it's not too difficult to spiderman up the gate and hop down. Doesn't help that the bike was in plain view.

So this week's headaches are caused by stupid people. THIS is why I hate people.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3606 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »
Happy Monday Everyone!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3607 on: October 01, 2018, 05:30:45 PM »
Happy Monday Jay!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3608 on: October 02, 2018, 07:45:03 AM »
I had a manager up my ass yesterday about why I havent fixed his broken server yet. Reason is my workload consists of many things more important which I stated and he was cool with but he did insist I get it done soon so yesterday after 5pm when I got 96 servers online, I spent the end of my day fixing his server. In the process of busting my ass to do this, I accidentally knocked over my laptop off the cart I placed it on while trying to remove the server from its rack position. Cracked and broke the screen of my macbook pro. Sooo now i am in the office in NYC having our other IT team replace it for me. Besides being embarrased to have broke my work laptop, i am losing half the day at least and wasting my time sitting here without a laptop instead of going back to all those important things i need to work on. Really frustrated with myself.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3609 on: October 02, 2018, 12:42:43 PM »
Think of it as half a day off!

So I thought I lost my wallet 2 weeks ago (I did lose it...  but someone turned it into my bank a few hours later). As soon as I lost it, I let my boss know, who then called and had my company  credit card deactivated. I am now waiting on my replacement card to come in. Meaning I am without a way to spend money on things needed in the office.

I am also fat, and have broken our only 2 office chairs here. In my defense, the person in charge of purchasing them would side on the cheap end of things, and the chairs were already shit. When you factor in the fact that these chairs get sat in 24 hours a day, mostly by my fat ass, you get a situation where the wheels fucking snap off. So I am sitting here, with 204 things going on (currently taking a quick moment to eat my lunch, on a broken chair (no wheels, and the center cylinder actually sits below the legs, so instead of the wheel-less legs resting on the floor, I am forced to balance the center of the chair).

I cannot just go out and by a new chair, as I don't have my company credit card back yet, and since the chairs I have looked at are more than $100, I need to get approval, as my company expenses it back to the client.

:censored

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3610 on: October 02, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »
Why is it that many responses to your posts could simply be "Damn, Jay.  That sucks".   :|

On a bright note... 72 hours until epic DTF meetup in ... wait for it .... New fucking Jersey.  The armpit of America. 

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3611 on: October 02, 2018, 01:41:50 PM »
Why is it that many responses to your posts could simply be "Damn, Jay.  That sucks".   :|

On a bright note... 72 hours until epic DTF meetup in ... wait for it .... New fucking Jersey.  The armpit of America. 

home sweet home  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3612 on: October 02, 2018, 02:06:34 PM »

Story of my life!

And Armpit of America? have you ever been to Bakersfield? Or better yet, Tulare CA?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3613 on: October 03, 2018, 04:40:08 AM »
Can't wait to hear about this meetup

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3614 on: October 03, 2018, 05:02:17 AM »

Me, King (and his Queen), lonestar, Nick, Dr. DTVT, Axeman, Splent, and (just recently decided) JustJen/VFS.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3615 on: October 03, 2018, 05:39:14 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3616 on: October 03, 2018, 05:42:23 AM »
You're just jealous.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3617 on: October 03, 2018, 05:49:38 AM »
I'll dork you Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3618 on: October 03, 2018, 06:09:55 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of..

What bands are playing?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3619 on: October 03, 2018, 07:19:53 AM »
Devo
Death Cab For Cutie
Weezer
The Offspring
Pavement

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3620 on: October 03, 2018, 07:56:27 AM »
 :lol I'd go to that

So what is the deal for ProgStock?  I am thinking I'll come by Saturday but on the fence about buying a single day ticket.  I just might but I feel like there's very little detail on the website for such an all day event.  But is it almost like 5 different shows? Since there are long breaks between sets and different sites for meet and greets.  I am guessing you get in/out privileges? Also, I tried asking them via twitter if you can bring a camera and I did not get a response since the venue says no unless the event allows you.

Regardless, I'd still come meet up with you all before/after a set or something if I don't get a ticket.  It's only 25 minutes from my house but I don't know if you guys are going to be like hanging at the venue or able to leave and chill at a bar or restaurant somewhere?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3621 on: October 03, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »

Me, King (and his Queen), lonestar, Nick, Dr. DTVT, Axeman, Splent, and (just recently decided) JustJen/VFS.

Yea that sounds like it’s going to be a good time. Hope the weather is nice.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3622 on: October 03, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
One day I want to be involved with a large meetup.

Come to California! (with an aching in your heart)

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3623 on: October 03, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3624 on: October 03, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
Adami whiskey.  https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/holy-grail-whisky-sold-record-1-1-million-140637752.html  Cool.   :hat

I don't drink, but I assume I know what I'll be getting for Secret Santa this year.  ;D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3625 on: October 03, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
I can't drink that whiskey. It doesn't agree with me. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3626 on: October 03, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »
I can't drink that whiskey. It doesn't agree with me.

:heart
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3627 on: October 04, 2018, 10:40:42 AM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3629 on: October 06, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
I've got to check out this epic dtf meet up.  :yarr

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3630 on: October 09, 2018, 10:49:52 AM »
Don't understand why I'm sitting at my desk and not off seeing great bands with fellow DTFers  >:(
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3631 on: October 09, 2018, 11:27:41 AM »
Don't understand why I'm sitting at my desk and not off seeing great bands with fellow DTFers  >:(

Rite?!?!?!?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3632 on: October 09, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
Happy Monday Peeps!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3633 on: October 09, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
Happy Monday Peeps!

Well, it is Tuesday, so ... yeah.

Faux holiday yesterday mess you up Jay?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3634 on: October 09, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
Somebody must've celebrated Thanksgiving a little too hard yesterday :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3635 on: October 09, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
 :lol you all are lucky to have had monday off, they don't give us Columbus Day (or Canadian Thanksgiving) off at my job.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3636 on: October 09, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »
Happy Monday Peeps!

Well, it is Tuesday, so ... yeah.

Faux holiday yesterday mess you up Jay?

FUCK

It is Tuesday.

It feels like a Monday, as I spent all day at work with my Best Friend (who is coming back to work for me), and I hadn't heard a peep out of my boss until this morning.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3637 on: October 09, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »
Somebody must've celebrated Thanksgiving a little too hard yesterday :lol

Mrs.Jingle is still waiting for your acknowledgement!   :lol

I just noticed that I passed Kotowboy's post count - only took 15-months of him not posting to do so!   :D  He'd probably be at 50k if he hadn't been banned... though, he does still lurk.  Hi Kotow.  Still miserable?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3638 on: October 09, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »
Hi Kotow

That made me want to check the stats, im at #16 in post count  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3639 on: October 09, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »
I just passed Jackie.

What do I win?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"