Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 237378 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3500 on: September 15, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
Cookout end of summer bash with my friends today.  Can't wait.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3501 on: September 15, 2018, 06:32:14 AM »
Nice! What's on the menu?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3502 on: September 15, 2018, 06:36:59 AM »
What isn't?! Lol. Everyone brings a dish and the gracious host cook steak,  chicken fish on the grill.  So, everything! Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3503 on: September 15, 2018, 06:43:22 AM »
Oh that sounds delicious. I think my weekend will consist of digiorno pizza's and waffle house.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3504 on: September 15, 2018, 06:51:39 AM »
Sunday is the football game over a buddies house with more food. Lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3505 on: September 15, 2018, 07:15:35 AM »
Two work-related bbq's - mrs.jingle's work stuff.  Already packed up all of our firewood in the shed - 12 Costco tote-bags worth.  Gonna tidy up the firewood beside the fireplace and make it look nice, then I gotta make a run to pickup some of the food for today's bbq.

Then back to doing more get-the-house-prepped-to-sell shit.  Ya know, I should just sig this.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3506 on: September 16, 2018, 06:00:56 AM »
Morning peeps.

I had forgotten about the worst part of working an overnight shift... The Ocean.

Basically around 4am, the sound of the waves crashing on the beach in the distance (less than a mile from me in 2 different directions) is at the right volume to lull me to sleep. I used to live a block from the beach (down the street from where I work now), and slept with this sound every night.

ZZZZZZZ

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3507 on: September 16, 2018, 07:15:35 AM »
I love the sound of the ocean.  Its tranquil.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3508 on: September 16, 2018, 07:53:06 AM »
I do too. I miss that part of Florida, living close to the beach and hearing the ocean and thunderstorms.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3509 on: September 16, 2018, 01:27:35 PM »
I actually had trouble sleeping after we moved away from the beach. My stepmother actually bought me a CD that had 80 minutes waves crashing on it to help me sleep.

Speaking of sleep, fuck me I'm tired. I got 4 hours of sleep after work, but I won't let myself sleep any longer, as I need to be able to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight for work tomorrow.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3510 on: September 16, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
I love the sound of the ocean.  Its tranquil.

Oh yeah! I could see the ocean from my house growing up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3511 on: September 16, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
Tim I didn't know that.  Cool!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3512 on: September 16, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
Yeah, about 1/3 mile away. A small town called Mattapoisett. It's between New Bedford and the Cape on the south coast.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3513 on: September 16, 2018, 03:22:28 PM »
Yeah, about 1/3 mile away. A small town called Mattapoisett. It's between New Bedford and the Cape on the south coast.

That helps, but what was the name of the specific rock that you lived under?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3514 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:36 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3515 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »

Very cool.

That helps, but what was the name of the specific rock that you lived under?

Um, Plymouth Rock. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3516 on: September 16, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
The Lovely Mrs TAC is from Plymouth.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3517 on: September 16, 2018, 04:32:48 PM »
I'm on a roll. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3518 on: September 16, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
A jelly roll, maybe.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3519 on: September 16, 2018, 04:43:06 PM »
Man, I haven't had one in a long time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3520 on: September 16, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »
No shit, I had a jelly roll for the first time in YEARS on Saturday morning.  It was DELICIOUS.   

My wife had one last night.  You'll have to ask her how that was.  Ba-dum PAH!   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3521 on: September 16, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »
Yeah, I heard it was more like these.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3522 on: September 16, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Dammit!!  She's on Facebook again!   :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3523 on: September 17, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
Morning Folks.

Good news: My employee who collapsed last week is out of the hospital. Bad news: They found cancer in his neck, which caused everything.

Bad news: A women, who has been on a package theft spree around town (including on my property at work), got onto another part of the property last night. Good news: She crashed her car on property, and was arrested for DUI and theft (her car was full of stolen mail).

It's not even 9:30 on Monday morning yet.... This is going to be a hell of a week.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3524 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
Jay, I think you win the award for the most interesting job around. I think I could've given a run for your money when I ran a hotel but not anymore.

That said, I'm really sorry for your employee. I hope the cancer is easily treatable.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3525 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:17 AM »
This morning.

1.  Basement flooded.
2.  Got soaked walking into work.
3.  Temp smelled of weed. (Wal Mart called me on that)
4.  Wal Mart short in the yard, moves are slow.

What a morning.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3526 on: September 18, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
Thank blows about the basement.

We had a kid show up at orientation last week baked. They still hired him. He was being hired for my department but I refused. I told my manager to find somewhere else in the building to put him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3527 on: September 18, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
He's a temp making 8 dollars an hour.  He could make $11.25 plus weekly incentives for how much you do that can raise you to max at $14.

Him getting high is more important and I will not be able to hire him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3528 on: September 18, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »
As much as I love the green, I got to side with you guys.  There's a time and place, and they got that wrong.

Sucks about the basement, I'd guess that's the worst of your list from today.

I just RSVPed to the Situations engagement party  :lol  I wonder if this is going to be taped for MTV.  Their wedding is in November that I am going to as well, which is being paid for by MTV so I imagine that will definitely make it to TV at some point. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3529 on: September 18, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
I understand about "the green" :lol but if you want to move forward in life you've got to make some choices.  Especially when your background sucks like this kid.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3530 on: September 18, 2018, 12:39:36 PM »
I don't care if a guy likes his weed. Or booze for that matter. You just cannot show up for work under the influence.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3531 on: September 18, 2018, 12:45:45 PM »
I just RSVPed to the Situations engagement party  :lol  I wonder if this is going to be taped for MTV.  Their wedding is in November that I am going to as well, which is being paid for by MTV so I imagine that will definitely make it to TV at some point.

Wow!! I mean J Wow!

How'd I do? ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3532 on: September 18, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
I don't care if a guy likes his weed. Or booze for that matter. You just cannot show up for work under the influence.

Yup.  A lot swear it "doesn't" affect them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3533 on: September 18, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »

Doesn't matter if it does or doesn't, it's not only against the law, but against any typical company policy.

Wow!! I mean J Wow!

How'd I do? ;D

:lol very well

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3534 on: September 18, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »

Some of you will vouch, but I like my vodka.  A lot.  But not on company time.  Not because I might be impaired (even though that's part of it) but I don't want one person in my department or among my clients to think I'm bringing anything less than my best.  Eloquis.