Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233514 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3395 on: August 27, 2018, 07:19:05 AM »
mini fridge is a must in college!  I still have my old mini in my basement, great for keeping a cool 12 pack available without taking the stairs to the main fridge.

jingle.son's residence style is like a mini 2-bedroom apt.  Kitchenette (full sized fridge, but no stove), bathroom, 2 bedrooms - all separate rooms, but in it's own self-contained unit.  So, he doesn't need a mini-fridge.  College's up here don't usually have full-service food options (basically, just a small food court / cafeteria).  jingle.daughter is going to a University, which has a full meal-plan and lots of food service locations/options.  That's why she gets the mini-fridge (for leftovers and other drinks etc...).

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Jingle-daughter: "I have room in my fridge."
Cute guy in the dorm: "And I have a 30-pack!  Win-win!"   

(I kid, I kid.   My daughter starts her senior year today.  I was driving with her yesterday and she looks at me and says "I'm going to be 18 in four months."    All I could muster was a half-whispered "Shut up.")

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3396 on: August 27, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
All this talk about moving to college is bringing back memories of when I moved away. Man it feels like an eternity ago, I was also so different back then.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3397 on: August 27, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »
mini fridge is a must in college!  I still have my old mini in my basement, great for keeping a cool 12 pack available without taking the stairs to the main fridge.

jingle.son's residence style is like a mini 2-bedroom apt.  Kitchenette (full sized fridge, but no stove), bathroom, 2 bedrooms - all separate rooms, but in it's own self-contained unit.  So, he doesn't need a mini-fridge.  College's up here don't usually have full-service food options (basically, just a small food court / cafeteria).  jingle.daughter is going to a University, which has a full meal-plan and lots of food service locations/options.  That's why she gets the mini-fridge (for leftovers and other drinks etc...).

Ah true, makes sense then.  I was thinkin poor jingle son won't have cold beverages on stand by  :lol

All this talk about moving to college is bringing back memories of when I moved away. Man it feels like an eternity ago, I was also so different back then.

True.  I miss those college days and just the beauty of being ignorant and not really caring either.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3398 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
Yay...My friends ProgPower ticket sold. Now to print the label, head to UPS and ship it out.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3399 on: August 27, 2018, 08:56:14 AM »
Yea they were a good time! The amount I could drink would cripple me now if I tried.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3400 on: August 27, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
So, Between the Buried and Me is playing at the North Carolina State Fair in October and I am so happy and confused about that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3401 on: August 27, 2018, 11:57:11 AM »
I can only imagine the horror on the people there waiting for country music. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3402 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »
So, Between the Buried and Me is playing at the North Carolina State Fair in October and I am so happy and confused about that.

...father?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3403 on: August 27, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »

...father?
Yes, it is I.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3404 on: August 27, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »

...father?
Yes, it is I.

Behold, when I come unto the children of DTF, and shall say unto them, The Hef of your moderators hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3405 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »
Hef!!!!

:panicattack:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3406 on: August 28, 2018, 10:21:31 AM »
And just booked myself a work trip to Denver...

2 weeks in amsterdam, 1 week in atlanta, 1 week in denver, thats a wild month for me.  Thank god these work trips haven't been too intense lately otherwise I'd be seriously exhausted.  My poor cat back home though  :(

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3407 on: August 29, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
Morning folks.

Good News: On Monday evening, the boss and I met with a the new committee at work whom we are going to be answering to now, and it actually went well. It seems that our contract is here to stay for another year :lol

I was expecting a bitch fest, but instead it was actually very constructive. I think that's because I spent all day with 2 of the members with the loudest voices. Took them around and showed them most of the details and bullshit we deal with.  Neither of them really had any idea on how much small bullshit we handle on a daily basis.

They also decided to pull the trigger on implementing something we discussed, on the day I was leaving early to drive down to see Marilyn Manson / Rob Zombie. Assholes. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3408 on: August 29, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »
So I'm guessing your good at that location for another year then right Jay?

Good evening dudes

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3409 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:11 AM »
Seems so.

So.... I just got back from Marilyn Manson + Rob Zombie. Holy shit that was awesome. Manson puts on a good show, but Zombie completely blew him out of the water.

It's funny... When the show first started, a cute tall red head (aka my wet dream) wound up kinda pushing past us to get closer to the front. A bit later, a pit opened up during Thunder Kiss '65, and the red head wound up standing in front of me. She was dancing and having a good time... And slowing inched back closer and closer to me till she was basically rubbing her ass on me. I inched back a little to be courteous, the pit moves a little, and her ass is rubbing up against my crotch again. I don't think she even noticed (and I hope she didn't notice... For reasons...) but it totally made my night :lol

And speaking of the pit, I actually moshed for the first time in 10 years. I think I'm getting old, as I lasted 45 whole seconds before fighting my way back out.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3410 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:22 AM »
Nice, I was amazed by how many hot girls came out for that show.  Like it was at least 50% chicks and many of those were dressed in really seductive outfits.  There was even a female only moshpit for a bit.

But I get you on getting old in the pit.  I've slowly been moving further and further from the pit  :lol  besides getting tired and sweaty really quickly, I feel my legs, specifically my ankles, just aren't in the best conditions to be doing that for as often as I go to concerts.  I can't risk showing up to work with a bad limp or worse.  I've been settling for seats when possible lately.  I feel I may be in the seats way more than the pit for ProgPower next week which would be the opposite of 2 years ago.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3411 on: August 30, 2018, 04:18:43 AM »
HAHAHA.... 27 and 33 year old punks bitching about their bodies getting old.  You kids ain't seen shit yet.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3412 on: August 30, 2018, 04:48:59 AM »
HAHAHA.... 27 and 33 year old punks bitching about their bodies getting old.  You kids ain't seen shit yet.

:lol I'm almost 34!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3413 on: August 30, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »

No shit.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3414 on: August 30, 2018, 06:15:47 AM »

:lol I'm almost 34!

I'm almost gonna bitch slap you!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3415 on: August 30, 2018, 06:21:34 AM »
34.  Still in 2 softball leagues and 2 bowling leagues.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3416 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:48 AM »
No shit, King. At 34, I was in the best shape of my life. I could run all day, and fuck all night. What I wouldn't give to be 34 again.

I second the jingle bitch slap
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3417 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
No shit, King. At 34, I was in the best shape of my life. I could run all day, and fuck all night. What I wouldn't give to be 34 again.

I second the jingle bitch slap

I'm in, too.   Tha fu.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3418 on: August 30, 2018, 06:58:32 AM »
I'd want to bang in the morning and in the night.   Now, this battleship takes a day to reload.  :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3419 on: August 30, 2018, 07:06:58 AM »
Hell, it's gotten to the point that whenever I make my moves on Mrs. P, she smiles and says, "Has it been four months already?"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3420 on: August 30, 2018, 07:22:26 AM »
 :lol

Women's sarcasm get stronger when they get older.

Truth is, they are stealing it from us like a succubus.  :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3421 on: August 30, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
Women's sarcasm get stronger when they get older.

Yeah, she's leveled up each year for the past 18.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3422 on: August 30, 2018, 08:03:13 AM »
Shit I got to watch out, my gf's got 2 years already and I am relentless with sarcasm

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3423 on: August 30, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
Hell, it's gotten to the point that whenever I make my moves on Mrs. P, she smiles and says, "Has it been four months already?"

Only "four"??

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3424 on: August 30, 2018, 09:51:55 AM »
Scenes from a Vacation, part II:

Me: "Sorry, tulip. Battery. I was saying ..."

Wife: "Good people"

Me: "Right. Read here ... FOCKASPOCK!"

*Throws iPad into Mediterranean Sea*

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3425 on: August 31, 2018, 02:48:36 AM »
Dogs.
4am
Two mornings in a row.

le sigh

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3426 on: August 31, 2018, 02:56:39 AM »
Ouch. My last roulette submission is a balm for moments like that.

Crank it open, thank me later.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3427 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:10 AM »
I'm on my 2-day 'cleanse' from roulette music listening.  I like to start the whole playlist at once, and am still waiting on a couple of submissions.  Should start tomorrow morning - hopefully the fucking dogs sleep in (at least until their 'normal' wakeup time at 6am).

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3428 on: August 31, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »
Eheheh, pimping failed.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3429 on: August 31, 2018, 05:41:15 AM »
Good morning everyone. Working from home today which means surfing DTF all day.