Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235466 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3325 on: August 21, 2018, 11:21:56 AM »
Sounds like something that can actually happen where I live. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3326 on: August 21, 2018, 02:10:40 PM »
Nice message to send to criminals...even when you're caught, no biggie.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3327 on: August 21, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »
Nice message to send to criminals...even when you're caught, no biggie.

Yea seriously

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3328 on: August 21, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »
So

I called my police dept just now to follow up on the bullshit from yesterday, and lo and behold, I wound up talking to the same dispatcher whom took the call yesterday. The guy gave me so much shit, telling me that no crime was committed, so there was no reason to send anyone out. My response was "So we should have waited until he stole something, then called?" No, he didn't steal something, but he could at least get hit with trespassing and attempted burglary. The guy kept arguing with me. Finally he asked "So why do you need someone to come out? So it's on record? We have an online reporting system for that." I explained that it is our protocol to speak with an officer IN PERSON. Finally he told me he'd send someone out in a few hours. To which I responded by name dropping my local Beat Coordinator, whom I have a really nice working relationship with. "Oh. Mike is coming on soon. I'll send him a message to call you..." and he left it at that.

I get the legalities, but I also do know he could be given a trespass warning, as well as hit him with attempted burglary if they found burg tools on him. I've helped put away more criminals than I can count. I know what I am doing.

Also, you never know. The subject may be wanted for something else. He may be connected to other recent crimes. He's a transient and is still spending time in the area (I saw him 3 hours ago). Speaking to an Officer helps build camaraderie and helps break this sense of elitism we used to deal with when I first started working here. We (my team and the Police) are supposed to work WITH each other, not AGAINST each other.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3329 on: August 21, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
Next time just tell the cops he said something about Allah. Within 30 minutes you'll have 30 armed offices, a swat team, CIA, FBI, DEA, ICE, JLB, OMG, ATF, LOL, and Homeland Security coming in from helicopters.

Or, since you're close to LA, just tell them the dude wasn't efficiently disposing of avocados or something. Similar response.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3330 on: August 21, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »
Next time just tell the cops he said something about Allah. Within 30 minutes you'll have 30 armed offices, a swat team, CIA, FBI, DEA, ICE, JLB, OMG, ATF, LOL, and Homeland Security coming in from helicopters.

Or, since you're close to LA, just tell them the dude wasn't efficiently disposing of avocados or something. Similar response.

:rollin

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3331 on: August 22, 2018, 05:04:20 AM »
Morning gang

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3332 on: August 22, 2018, 05:21:16 AM »
Morning

I was up for 36 hours from Monday morning until last night.  I did get a few hours of poor sleep on my flight so that's not entirely accurate, but not far off.  I stayed up late (local time here that is) to do a meeting with the director of our group last night who has been doing one on ones with everyone to talk about the acquisition of the company.  Got some great news as I am now going to be eligible for a 9% bonus and also will be getting another 9% bonus each year to just not leave the company as a retention bonus (thats on top of getting a fat check for my stock options that should be coming this weekend).  Pretty awesome news so as tired as I was, I was on a high and made it official with the local amsterdam goods afterwards  :lol 

I then slept like a baby for 9 hours and feel so refreshed and better today.  Also the customer lounge in this data center has a really awesome starbucks machine that makes some strong drinks for free which is really nice.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3333 on: August 22, 2018, 06:25:42 AM »
Man, i haven't done that in a long, long time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3334 on: August 22, 2018, 07:44:00 AM »
Man, i haven't done that in a long, long time.

What? The local Amsterdam goods?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3335 on: August 22, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »
 :lol

I figured I'd get that response.  I was talking about staying up over 30 hours.  Though, if you'd like to know, Pink Floyd concert and my bachelor party in 1994.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3336 on: August 22, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
I guess I am going to go see Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson next week, IF I can score discounted tickets when I get paid tomorrow. It's funny, there was a short period of time when I was in high school where I got big into Manson. He was actually set to play a show at the theater in my town... I spent a couple weeks working and saving up the $$$ for myself and 2 female friends of mine whom both I was totally in to...... and a few days before the show, it was canceled, and rumor had it that it was canceled due to poor ticket sales and he decided to cash in on insurance for that show instead. That left a really sour taste in my mouth (and killed any chance of getting some :zydar: from all of that work).

:lol

I figured I'd get that response.  I was talking about staying up over 30 hours.  Though, if you'd like to know, Pink Floyd concert and my bachelor party in 1994.

Best Bachelor Party Ever.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3337 on: August 22, 2018, 09:09:27 AM »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3338 on: August 22, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
I guess I am going to go see Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson next week, IF I can score discounted tickets when I get paid tomorrow. It's funny, there was a short period of time when I was in high school where I got big into Manson. He was actually set to play a show at the theater in my town... I spent a couple weeks working and saving up the $$$ for myself and 2 female friends of mine whom both I was totally in to...... and a few days before the show, it was canceled, and rumor had it that it was canceled due to poor ticket sales and he decided to cash in on insurance for that show instead. That left a really sour taste in my mouth (and killed any chance of getting some :zydar: from all of that work).

He cancelled one show already and stopped another early this tour with Zombie.  Wouldn't be surprised if you are stuck in another similar situation.  At least Zombie puts on a good show and if Manson doesn't play you might get a couple extra songs.  I really enjoyed the show when it came to town last month.  It was cheap and just a good time even though I'm not really into either band.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3339 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
I never got into Zombie as much as I did Manson back in the day, but Zombie DOES put on an amazing show from what I've seen, so I am not too worried if Manson bails. My buddy is a bigger Manson fan, but I think he'd live as well.

My bigger concern is driving down to Irvine for the show, as it's a 2-3 hour drive or more in LA traffic ('member LA traffic Cram? :lol ) and I have to work the next morning. I can't pull off taking another day off this month (I'm already taking Friday off), so I might have to move some people around and work later the day after.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3340 on: August 22, 2018, 10:14:48 AM »
Best Bachelor Party Ever.

No, THIS is the best bachelor party ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKJHk-vpzY

Oh yeah, I had 2 bachelor parties.  Hence "King".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3341 on: August 22, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
I never got into Zombie as much as I did Manson back in the day, but Zombie DOES put on an amazing show from what I've seen, so I am not too worried if Manson bails. My buddy is a bigger Manson fan, but I think he'd live as well.

My bigger concern is driving down to Irvine for the show, as it's a 2-3 hour drive or more in LA traffic ('member LA traffic Cram? :lol ) and I have to work the next morning. I can't pull off taking another day off this month (I'm already taking Friday off), so I might have to move some people around and work later the day after.

:lol yea fuck dealing with that traffic.  Sounds like a nightmare.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3342 on: August 22, 2018, 12:28:35 PM »
I learned what the absolute worst freeway in LA was back in January. The 710, which connects from the 5 down straight into the Port of Long Beach and Port of Los Angeles. Just miles and miles of container trucks moving at 10 mph. It was insane.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3343 on: August 22, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »
In 1991 I visited my best bud who moved out to Cypress to "make it in the music bizz" and I remember him playing at The Roxy on a Tuesday night in Hollywood. (I roadied for them)  Driving back from the gig on a 6 lane highway there was a traffic jam at 10:30 pm at night. 

I looked at him and said, "How the fuck can you live out here?" :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3344 on: August 22, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3345 on: August 23, 2018, 05:10:46 AM »
Today feels like the first day of fall, it's so nice and cool. Time to take the bike to work.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3346 on: August 23, 2018, 05:19:35 AM »
We've had that weather.  I love it but the heat is coming back tomorrow into next week.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3347 on: August 23, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Yesterday, as I was getting ready to leave work, I came across a Sgt with my police department, who also happens to be the direct supervisor for the Officers who work my beat. I told him my entire tale, and he agreed with me 100%. He took my report, and also contacted the Dispatch Supervisor and requested that they go through the tapes from those call and "discuss" it with the dispatcher if needed.

He also wants me to keep in touch with him regarding what goes on in the community... so I think this whole situation ended on a high note.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3348 on: August 23, 2018, 06:00:20 PM »
So, yeah, this morning I noticed that my Jeep has (what appears to be) a bullet hole in the driver's door! There is a corresponding hole in the fence flanking the driveway where the Jeep has been parked for the past few weeks. The officer who came out to investigate says it's definitely a bullet hole and not from an air rifle or pellet gun.

I guess I'll be calling my insurance agent in the morning to see if I should make a claim on my homeowners or car insurance.

SMH
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3349 on: August 23, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
Holy shit! So shot by a neighbor?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3350 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »
Yikes!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3351 on: August 23, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
Holy shit! So shot by a neighbor?

Looks like. The neighbor to the south rents his house out to nerdowells. The cop says he’s quite familiar with them.   :angry:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3352 on: August 23, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
God, I hate people.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3353 on: August 24, 2018, 01:58:20 AM »
Wow that's crazy, any reason to think it's either deliberate or just a missed shot from other fucking around?  That's kind of a scary thing to find on your car

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3354 on: August 24, 2018, 05:12:45 AM »
Something similar happening to people in our neighborhood. They left for vacation and came home to find 3 bullet holes in there house.

Going to be a slow day at work today. Usually when I think it's going to be slow that means we'll have some sort of emergency phone call.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3355 on: August 24, 2018, 06:37:06 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, slow day.  My boss dumped some busy work on me as soon as he woke up it seems.  Either way, no big deal as it will keep me busy and hopefully make this day go fast.  It's weird because I get to work so early before anyone I work with wakes up, then also continue working through their hours as well.  Was hoping to leave "early" today to head into the heart of Amsterdam for the evening for dinner and drinks and smokes.  No prostitutes but I'll take a look at the sites.  Also, we got PAID today.  Like, seriously paid, thank you for buying us big corporation  :lol I sold out and got a fat pay check for my stock options in my bank account this morning.  My boss said not to spend it all on prostitutes. I plan on listening, but I am definitely looking to enjoy my weekend off out here.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3356 on: August 24, 2018, 07:06:59 AM »
Wow that's crazy, any reason to think it's either deliberate or just a missed shot from other fucking around?  That's kind of a scary thing to find on your car

Most likely it was just a "hold my beer" moment, but I suppose anything's possible. I remember scowling at them when I pulled into my garage one day (with my daily ride--not the Jeep). Two men were out in their back yard, that is adjacent to the punctured fence, shouting obscenities at one another and squaring off like they were going to throw down. They both noticed my expression and you could almost read the "fuck you, old man" on their faces. *shrug*

We've had several rats hanging around this summer. I've only managed to get one with a standard rat trap and I won't use poison because I'm concerned one may die in a place where my dog could get at it. Maybe they were taking potshots at the rats? Who knows?

I'm just glad it wasn't one of the Mercs that got hit. The Jeep is kinda an extra beater car for us.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3357 on: August 24, 2018, 07:30:42 AM »
lol shooting rats

Speaking of, I've never really encountered rats.  Seen a few in the NYC subways before, but usually in the distance along the tracks or something, not running around near me.  But outside my hotel here, a spot where I frequent in the evenings to  :hat I've noticed a large rat population and they run all around right in front of me.  They are also large, I'm no longer going to be hanging in that area in the evening  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3358 on: August 24, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »
Morning guys...Just going through the process of selling my friends ProgPower Ticket and cancelling his flight reservation. Should be a fun day with the flight reservation.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3359 on: August 24, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »
Morning guys...Just going through the process of selling my friends ProgPower Ticket and cancelling his flight reservation. Should be a fun day with the flight reservation.

Damn, why did your friend back out?