Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235551 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3255 on: August 11, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »
I just a brief check of the last few nights and there are some real gems there. I wish they would visit some of the fungus stuff. Something like trouble in 421 would be amazing live

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3256 on: August 12, 2018, 06:25:21 AM »
Morning DTF, on the flight to Montana.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3257 on: August 12, 2018, 06:37:53 AM »
Have fun Reap!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3258 on: August 12, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »
Giants game today! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3259 on: August 12, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »
That stadium looks gorgeous.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3260 on: August 12, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »
On my second flight to Montana. Can’t wait to get off this plane

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3261 on: August 12, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »
So Montana is fucking gorgeous. The weather is unbelievable.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3262 on: August 12, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
What's the temp there right now?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3263 on: August 12, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »
So Montana is fucking gorgeous. The weather is unbelievable.

I'm curious to here where all you go. Keep us posted  :tup
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3264 on: August 12, 2018, 08:22:05 PM »
I’m currently in white fish montana today. Our plan is to do a small local hike tomorrow since it’s the first day of my gfs conference. Day after tomorrow we are going to hit up glacier national park and do the hidden lake home.

Temp when we drove in was 91 but the low is going to be 51, it gets cold quick especially with how dry it is.

The views are truly spectacular. Living almost my entire life in Florida where everything is flat I can’t gelp but be blown away by the mountains.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3265 on: August 12, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
Speaking of Hikes,

My buddy and I went on a hike today. About 5 miles. My legs are dead, and half of the back of my neck is sunburnt, but it was awesome!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3266 on: August 12, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
That stadium looks gorgeous.

Oh it is. (see the post your pic thread..)

We were up on the third deck behind home plate the views were spectacular. The whole stadium is amazing. We had lunch before the game across McCovey Cove. What a great experience. We met some dudes from SF who went to Fenway and they said while Fenway was cramped, that it is the best road trip park.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3267 on: August 14, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »
Today is Field Day at work.  THe company rents out space at the Liberty State Park right on the Hudson across the river from the World Trade Center and near the Statue of Liberty.  Really awesome spot outdoors where they set up tons of games and have an open bar and lots of food.  They rent a boat to take everyone back and forth between the park and Manhatten where the office is.  I work in NJ on my own, so I often am not involved in the events of the office, although Field Day is one I am invited and expected to participate.  But my boss and coworker are traveling this week and I was so consumed in the massive amount of work I have, that I came to work in NJ today and forgot all about Field Day  :lol I'm such a moron, but this is fine, no one is working because they are there so I am just going to take a half day today for myself which allows me to get home in time for the Live and Counting Crows concert and then play off my "work first" mentality if anyone questions me (which now makes sense why everyone was kind of giving me the shaft this morning when I was trying to bust out all my work  :lol).

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3268 on: August 16, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
So far it's been a wonderful trip to Montana. I never thought I'd say this but it's been my favorite vacation so far. We did miss out on some trails because one of the wildfires is so close to us but we'll definitely be back.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3269 on: August 16, 2018, 11:12:06 AM »
So far it's been a wonderful trip to Montana. I never thought I'd say this but it's been my favorite vacation so far. We did miss out on some trails because one of the wildfires is so close to us but we'll definitely be back.

How big is the wildfires there Reap?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3270 on: August 16, 2018, 06:18:53 PM »
Pretty big. We are closest to the Howe Ridge fire which sparked Saturday, we arrived Sunday. Tuesday we were able to make it to East Glacier and do 2 of the 3 trails we wanted to do. It's been getting smokier every day here. I think the Howe Ridge fire size is now 3300 acres so we didn't get to do everything we wanted to in Glacier.

We did our last trail today from the Ski Resort and we had a cool, albeit frightening moment. We were walking along one large hill and we heard some rustling below us, we slowed down thinking it was one of the many deer we saw on this trail, instead we get a small black bear walk out of the shrubs, lock eyes with us and run off. It looked like we scared him, the worrying thing is mom was probably close by. We were maybe 10 feet from it, it was incredibly cool even though it made me realize how this little guy could have literally destroyed me in seconds.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3271 on: August 16, 2018, 06:38:37 PM »
Thankfully. We just had a black bear maul a lady in a  wheelchair recently.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3272 on: August 16, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »
Jesus that's brutal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3273 on: August 16, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »
Of late, we are invading their space so they are out more in our areas.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3274 on: August 16, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »
Which trails did you go on?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3275 on: August 16, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »
Whitefish Trail
Beaver Lake Loop
Danny On
Hidden Lake
Rocky Point
A little bit of the Huckleberry Mountain Trail

I really wanted to do Grinnel Glacier but with Going to the Sun Road closed it would've been a long drive to get to the trailhead. Plus I'm not sure what the condition is now with the fires.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3276 on: August 16, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »
As a side note bugs really aren't as bad as I expected. The only place I got bit up was Beaver Lake, the bites don't hurt but the welts they left on my arm are massive.

Also we hit reservoir trail which had a beautiful overlook of whitefish.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3277 on: August 17, 2018, 06:54:26 AM »
Still sounds like an awesome trip even with the fires

damn

Every couples years or so they open bear hunting season in NJ.  It's not an issue near me, but every once in awhile you hear a story of a bear going through someone's trash.  We also had this story of the bear who walks around on it's back feet like a human https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcIkQaLJ9r8

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3278 on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:16 AM »

Thankfully??

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3279 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:37 AM »
Thankfully was to Reap's response.  I should have separated the word from the rest of the sentence.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3280 on: August 17, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »

Thankfully??

:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3281 on: August 17, 2018, 09:21:05 AM »
I PUSHED HER RIGHT BETWEEN US AND THE BEAR!!! :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3282 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
I have a hunger for hiking now. My buddy and I have a bunch of local trails that we want to work ourselves up to.... (We are fat...)

Ultimately we want to get in shape enough to do a 3-4 day backpacking trip out to a hot springs in the mountains near us.  I've been looking at at equipment and what not online, as well as spending a lot of time browsing this subreddit...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3283 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
I would love to hike more but it's out of the question until Fall hits in NC.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3284 on: August 18, 2018, 06:06:00 AM »
Morning everyone.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3285 on: August 18, 2018, 09:05:52 AM »
Morning King, heading back to Charlotte today

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3286 on: August 18, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
Going over a big bath at a farm tonight.  Then one more week and it's vacation!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3287 on: August 18, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
Going over a big bath?

Enlighten me!

Where are you going for vacay?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3288 on: August 18, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
Oops. Big bash.   Wife took on a new job so she didn't want to take vacation since we are going to a music festival in October.   So it's solo and enjoying no work.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3289 on: August 18, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
Nice! I'm dreading my return to work Monday. I don't have any more time off planned except for two, one for engagement photos and one for when my brother comes to visit.

I have two more days to burn but I'll probably roll them onto next year. Things slow down in October and I don't like taking time off when it's really slow at work.