Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235643 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3150 on: July 31, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
Doing some cooking right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3151 on: July 31, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »
Yeah, just hit the couch for the night. Working on season 2 of Jessica Jones, but will probably switch over to playing Crash Bandicoot at some point.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3152 on: July 31, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »
One of my favorite things about my gf traveling during the week is I have full control of the thermostat. Set that thing down to 65 for ultimate sleeping comfort.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3153 on: August 01, 2018, 07:20:34 AM »
 :lol nice, I love it cold, especially when sleeping.  My central air is overpowered a bit for my house which I love.  However, my bedroom with the door shut doesn't get great circulation even with 2 vents and one in my bathroom blowing cold air at 69 degrees when I sleep.  So I just last week got a fan, and since then, I've been sleeping like a baby.  I keep the AC set at like 70 now, but it feels like 65 in my bedroom now.  Essentially, I can be cool without also freezing anyone else in the house (like my brother and his gf who complain the house is too cold at night).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3154 on: August 01, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
You're training her wrong Reap.  LOL 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3155 on: August 01, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
Our compromise tempature is 67 when she is home. She sleeps under a bunch of comforters and in a hoodie because it’s too cold.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3156 on: August 01, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »
67 is our normal temp.  At 9pm it goes down to 61.  Yup.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3157 on: August 01, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »
67 is our normal temp.  At 9pm it goes down to 61.  Yup.

We must've married sisters, because my house is like a meat locker most of the time (at least upstairs). 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3158 on: August 01, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »
You guys married your sisters??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3159 on: August 01, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »
 :lol

I love it cold and the Queen does as well.

Thankfully.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3160 on: August 01, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
Feels so good to be relaxing on the couch with a beer and no work tomorrow :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3161 on: August 01, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
I've been thinking about a random conversation I overheard in the waiting room at physical therapy this morning. I don't know why, it struck me as a sweet interaction between an elderly couple. Figured I'd post it here, it's one of those small things that makes an impression on you. They must have been around 75-80 years old.

*Around 11:15 AM*
Man: So what would you like to do for lunch after this?
Woman: I don't really know.
Man: We have lunch meat at home, we could go home and have sandwiches.
Woman: That sounds good.
Man: We could also stop at Culver's and get a fish sandwich. I know you like those.
Woman: Aren't we going out to dinner tonight with Fred
Man: That's true. You didn't finish your clam chowder last night either, so we can go home and do soup and sandwiches. Cheaper that way.

Then they smiled at each other and the conversation was over. I don't know, it was a small little thing I overheard, but to see two people who had probably been married for 50+ years, an innocent conversation like that made me think about unconditional love and how those two probably can't live without each other. It made me smile.

Edit: Sorry to kill the thread  :lol
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:11:08 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3162 on: August 03, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »
I wouldn't apologize.  That's sweet.  I think that's my parents (married for almost 55 years and they spent EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY together.   I honestly don't know how they do it. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3163 on: August 03, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »
I wouldn't apologize.  That's sweet.  I think that's my parents (married for almost 55 years and they spent EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY together.   I honestly don't know how they do it.

After raising you, I'm sure it's all smooth sailing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3164 on: August 03, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »

Going to see Joe Bonamassa tonight. Will this workday never end?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3165 on: August 03, 2018, 10:43:11 AM »

HA!   They stopped drinking and smoking about 20 years ago.  Related??? 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3166 on: August 03, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »

HA!   They stopped drinking and smoking about 20 years ago.  Related???

They no longer needed to!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3167 on: August 03, 2018, 11:10:34 AM »
Crazy concert last night with tons of guest appearances and covers including Mark McGrath singing Breaking the Law with the Smashing Pumpkins, which was not only a huge surprise, it was also awesome.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2018/pnc-bank-arts-center-holmdel-nj-2beb784a.html  :metal

and of course I come into a shit storm of work today when I am so beat from getting home late and then uploading my videos before getting to bed.  Thank god the days half way over, but I need to clean the house when I get home to set up for my niece's first birthday bbg tomorrow at my house.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3168 on: August 03, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »
Still bleeding from the oral surgery.   I my have to go to the emergency room.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3169 on: August 03, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »
Jesus King, I hope you don't have to and you get better.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3170 on: August 03, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »
Me too.  Used tea bags to stop the bleeding and icing my face right now.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3171 on: August 03, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
I remember you saying that you were going to do some dental stuff, what was done?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3172 on: August 03, 2018, 06:35:41 PM »
Removed a wisdom tooth.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3173 on: August 03, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »
Damn, that must be some pretty bad bleeding.  I know some is expected, but I guess it's excessive?  I got all four out as once when I was younger and had a lot of blood in my mouth for a couple days, but I'm sure it's probably pretty rough to have one pulled much later in life.  Also, I guess you had some issue recently to make you have to remove one so much older?  Hope everything is fine, maybe you need some better stitching?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3174 on: August 03, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »
You got a wisdom tooth out??  Puberty next?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3175 on: August 03, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
I remember being down for the count with my wisdom teeth being removed. It was a rough two days.

I'm doing physical therapy to avoid having back surgery. The thought of going under for things always makes me nervous. Wisdom teeth removal was my first experience going under and I don't do too well with it.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3176 on: August 03, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
I only had two wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago. I think later that day I was out grocery shopping, and then the next day was basically back to normal, minus the really annoying things to stop the bleeding.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3177 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
I remember being down for the count with my wisdom teeth being removed. It was a rough two days.

I'm doing physical therapy to avoid having back surgery. The thought of going under for things always makes me nervous. Wisdom teeth removal was my first experience going under and I don't do too well with it.

My recent surgery to my forehead, they gave me the option of going under or not.  I chose not to.  I only went under once before and had no issues other than being out of it for a bit after, but damn was that surgery an odd experience to be awake for.  Felt so uncomfortable, but honestly it wasn't a big deal.  Doc said it would be interesting and I was up for the challenge, no need to knock me out if I can drive home after if I'm not  :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3178 on: August 03, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »
I remember reading in Sammy Hagar's book that Eddie told him that he stayed awake during his hip replacement surgery and helped the doctor drill the holes. Total BS, but I can picture him doing that  :lol

I don't think you can stay awake for a discectomy, since it involves the spine, but maybe going under a second time won't be as bad since I've done it before. Hopefully I won't have to do that and the steroid injections take care of it and physical therapy--we'll see.

Staying awake for the forehead though? Did they drape something over your head so that they could work on that area and so you couldn't see what tool they were using or did you see everything that was happening?
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3179 on: August 04, 2018, 11:19:30 AM »
Afternoon guys. Day is flying by already and I still have to go to the gym and mow the lawn.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3180 on: August 04, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »
Thankfully it rained out today, so I didn't have to mow the lawn.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3181 on: August 04, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »
Did Eddie really say that?🤣🤣

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3182 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »
According to Sammy he did. I can imagine the exchange.

Doctor: I can't find the right spot to drill
Eddie: Give me the damn thing
*Plays intro to Poundcake*

Apparently, he cured his cancer by having parts of his tongue liquified and injected into his body, as well. Eddie's a medical miracle.

My dad's had both of his hips replaced and seeing the amount of pain he was in afterwards and after watching YouTube videos, I would never want to be awake for it. The sound of the hammer hitting the metal hip joint in is enough to make me want to pass out. Apparently you do have the choice to be awake for it.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3183 on: August 05, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
Just scooped up a ticket for the Rise Against and AFI show tonight at the Jersey Shore.  Kind of not feeling like going honestly, dealing with shore traffic and the heat plus my body is telling me to rest, but I really love AFI so thinking I may just time to to see them and head out to be back home by 9 (shows at the Stone Pony always end by 10pm anyway).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3184 on: August 05, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »
Hot AF as well.