Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236082 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3045 on: July 21, 2018, 07:47:55 AM »
Going to the Foo Fighters tonight at Fenway Tim!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3046 on: July 21, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »
Awesome. They put on a great show. Too bad I hate their music!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3047 on: July 21, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »
How can you hate their music? Old fashioned,  hook laden rock n roll?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3048 on: July 21, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »

:metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3049 on: July 21, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »

:metal :metal

I had the same reaction.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3050 on: July 21, 2018, 10:04:46 AM »
How can you hate their music? Old fashioned,  hook laden rock n roll?

Like I said, I've watched a bunch of their stuff on youtube, and they really look fantastic live. I really haven't liked anything they've played, so while I could easily make it through a concert, I could never make it through an album. I've tried.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3051 on: July 21, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
Seems like it's been awhile since I had a Saturday home to myself.  Finally did a good clean to my bedroom and built my new super nice bed frame that was given to me.  My bedroom has been upgraded and finally got the parts to the frame out of my living room.  Prepped a few new youtube gaming videos as well, and now just made a cocktail and about to enjoy some gaming. 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3052 on: July 21, 2018, 07:40:03 PM »
What are you playing cram? I'm having one of those nights where I have a ton of games but nothing in particular that I want to play.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3053 on: July 21, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
Mostly been playing PUBG, as usual.  Still haven't found a game to be more entertaining.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3054 on: July 21, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »
You try any of the custom maps?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3055 on: July 21, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
Custom maps?  Never heard of these, but do you mean custom games in the newest update?  I haven't done any.  I just keep playing on sanhok a lot, i think it's the best map yet.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3056 on: July 21, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »
yes custom games sorry lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3057 on: July 23, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
Good Morning y'all

I am actually glad to be back to work. This weekend was long.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3058 on: July 23, 2018, 10:03:30 AM »
Good Morning y'all

In my 14 years of being employed, I have never once said this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3059 on: July 23, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »
Definitely not happy to be at work today

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3060 on: July 23, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
Good Morning y'all

In my 14 years of being employed, I have never once said this.

It's nice to be away from home :lol

My gf's  dad's significant other runs an annual bowling tournament in memory of her deceased ex husband (they used to own a local bowling alley). Had a BBQ on Friday, and then spent the first half of Saturday out with my gf and my sister, and then the second half bowling. Didn't bowl well... at all. It actually cements my decision to stop bowling league. I am still having major issues with my hand and wrist. Sunday was also nonstop.

I am hoping that today at work is slow.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3061 on: July 24, 2018, 06:42:04 AM »
Jay, you are messed up! :lol

Morning.  I'm about to kill everyone at work.  The polar opposite of Jay.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3062 on: July 24, 2018, 12:52:13 PM »
Jay, you are messed up! :lol

Morning.  I'm about to kill everyone at work.  The polar opposite of Jay.

Now THAT'S how I am today.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3063 on: July 24, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
Welcome back to the fold bub.

Blob, get yo ass in here an tell me how little work you did today to push me over over the cliff.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:23:23 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3064 on: July 24, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
 :lol

If it makes you feel better, yesterday was hell at work and while today is better, it's definitely not been a good week so far.  Looking to take my rage out tonight at the Zombie/Manson concert  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3065 on: July 24, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
The HOA I work for fired their old property management and hired a new one.. and we are in the middle of the "transition"... which is NOT going smoothly at all. Apparently the management companies have a history with each other and do NOT get along... and the incoming management company didn't really have a clue what they were getting themselves into... meaning the person who is holding a lot of this together is me. New company needs info. Old company (who's still on contract till the end of the month) won't give it to them. I have shit I need management to do. They bounce it back to me because they don't know what's going on. It's a mess.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3066 on: July 24, 2018, 01:24:06 PM »
Still not feeling better. :lol

I need a release.  DAMMIT BLOB!!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3067 on: July 24, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »
Blob, get yo ass in here an tell me how little work you did today to push me over over the cliff.

I finished a whole world of Donkey Kong Country 1 (on a real SNES), and am currently animating a character doing the Macarena for reasons I have yet to figure out or justify, so I'm actually getting a lot of important shit done today thank you very much! :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3068 on: July 24, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
Well I was about to lose it until I read "Macarena" and you not having a real reason why.  Now the world is safe again.

Thank you, your Blobness.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3069 on: July 24, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
Well I was about to lose it until I read "Macarena" and you not having a real reason why.  Now the world is safe again.

Thank you, your Blobness.

I mean, I have a use for it, it's just totally unnecessary and pointless to what I'm doing. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3070 on: July 24, 2018, 02:32:08 PM »
Reading that makes me so happy. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3071 on: July 25, 2018, 02:49:05 AM »
I'm glad my random projects amuse you so much. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3072 on: July 25, 2018, 04:37:15 AM »
It does.  I need some lighthearted fun.  You bring it good sir.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3073 on: July 25, 2018, 04:44:59 AM »
Morning dudes

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3074 on: July 25, 2018, 05:21:32 AM »
Morning Reap.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3075 on: July 25, 2018, 08:11:59 AM »
What’s happening King?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3076 on: July 25, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
I know Stads would probably enjoy this,

Peter Criss came out last night for a moment during the Rob Zombie show https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1021970421397241857

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3077 on: July 25, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »
Fuck this day.

So I am 2 blocks from work, and I shred a tire (my 2 front tires were both worn down to the point where I knew this was going to happen sooner or later). I drive the last block and a half and park at the edge of my property. I put the spare on, and realize that the spare needed air. So I decide that I am going to take the spare off, walk it over to my office, and use our air compressor to put air in it.

Welp... one of the lugs wouldn't come off now. So I decide to try and drive it over to my office, at least close enough where I can use our long as fuck extension cable to plug in the compressor and pump up my tire. ANNNNNNNNND turns out my donut is bad and wont hold air. So I try again to take the donut off and diagnose why it's not holding air.. and I break a lug stem.

So here I am with a shredded tire, bad donut, broken lug stem, and I'm so broke right now that I'm barely going to be able make my bills for the week and keep gas in the car.

My coworker actually ran to a used tire shop and paid get me a tire ($35)... so I at least have that to get me to and from work until I can replace the lug stem, which shouldn't be more than $50.

Also... I can barely use my hand, as I had to put a lot of force with my bad hand to get the tire off in the beginning.

Fuck me. It's not even 9:30 yet.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3078 on: July 25, 2018, 11:19:59 AM »
Dayum Jay.  Sorry to hear about your troubles.

On a more positive note, I just finished a call with our company legal/HR because of an ongoing investigation about a former team-member (who I barely knew) and allegations against one of our C-level executives (before they were a C-level exec).

Fun stuff!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3079 on: July 25, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
I know Stads would probably enjoy this,

Peter Criss came out last night for a moment during the Rob Zombie show https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1021970421397241857

There’s a lot of green there (that’s Peter’s fav color). 

That’s very cool, though!